Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on April 17, 2015
Received the watch on time and was packed very well. Upon opening the box, the look of this watch is breathtaking! Very classy! Weight is excellent! Band is excellent! Decided to wear today for the first time. Set the time to the exact second according to my IPhone 6+ at 6:15 am. It is now 10:47am and this watch is keeping perfect time...to the second. Very impressive for a automatic. The lume on this watch is outstanding. A few seconds in the sun and it immediately illuminates. This is my second Invicta. First one is the I by Invicta and now this one. Have to admit, I'm overly impressed with both watches. Only negative to mention about this watch is the size. Advertised as 43mm when it's 40mm. Would be nice if Invicta manufactured this particular model in 44mm. Regardless, it's a beautiful, well made timepiece that you can't go wrong with.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 7, 2008
This is my fourth Invicta diver's watch - they are very well made watches - never thought I'd own more than one at a time, but these are great buys and having a diffewrent look for different occasions is fun. It's a heavy watch and works well in and out of the water. I take it surfing about once a week. Keeps perfect time and looks like a Rolex at a fraction of the cost - highly recommended.
on January 16, 2007
This watch is great, it has the appearance of a much more expensive watch with the workmanship to match. This is my first Invicta watch but I plan to purchase more and possibly start a watch collection.
on March 10, 2013
I hesitated to order this item due to the low asking price, but I love mechanical watches, and being reluctant to wear my Rolex in many setting these days, I decided to take a chance. I bought through Amazon, so I knew I was protected if disappointed.

I must say that when I received the watch, I was struck by the cheezy yellow box it came in. I mean, gaudy doesn't begin to describe it, but what the heck, I didn't buy a box, I bought a watch.

When I opened the box I was awe struck by the craftsmanship of the watch case, and the dial, which I quickly examined with a loupe.

The movement is the outstandingly reviewed Seiko NH35A (Seiko 4R36 when installed in Seiko watches), so what's not to like there? A real precision movement that isn't as fancy as the Rolex, or my 45 year old Galet chronometers, but it gets the job done in fine style, with the hack feature, as well as the manual-wind feature to give outstanding reserve for idle periods.

I've only had the watch a few days, but so far, the time loss per day is about -14 seconds per day (+/- 2) so in reality the watch is repeatable w/in 2sec a day, but averages 14 sec a day slow, which CAN be adjusted. To maintain +/- 2 sec per 24hrs is better than my Rolex, and exactly equal to my Bulova Accutron "tuning fork" watch of 50 years ago. It's not as good as my Casio quartz ( Casio AMW320R 1EV Marine Ana Digi Watch ) to which I added a stainless bracelet, which manages 2 sec/month, but hey, we are talking a mechanical watch, and I'd have been happy with +/- 15sec per day!

So if you've hesitated to buy this, or any other Invicta diver with THIS movement, I think you can be sure that if I love mine, as critical as I am, the you will LOVE it just as much.

My only question is: HOW does Invicta do it for the money?

Update #1: I've now allowed the watch to "break-in" by running for a couple of months, and surprisingly, it maintained the average 14 sec/day loss within +/-1.5 sec. I took the back off the watch, and in TINY increments began adjusting the speed regulating lever. It is MUCH more sensitive than any other watch I ever regulated, with about 2/1000" of pointer movement making a 20sec/day change! It took about a dozen frustrating adjustments back and forth (then monitoring the watch for 6 hours minimum), but I now have the watch maintaining nearly perfect time to where in the first 3 full days after replacing the back and wearing the watch. By perfect, I mean it is within 1 seconds total in that time, then lost another second on the 4th day. I decided to manually wind the watch to see what would happen, and found that a full manual wind caused the watch to GAIN a second in 12 hours. So now I know that if the watch loses a second, all I have to do is to manually wind it (rather than trying to reset it), and it should re-gain the lost second. To say that this is outstanding, almost phenomenal, accuracy for a mechanical movement of ANY price is accurate! Did I mention that I LOVE this watch?

Oh, yes, one problem- The very small luminous dot at the "12 o'clock" position on the bezel fell (not inside the case), or was knocked off. The watch looks the same to me, so no big deal.

My wife found my watch attractive, so I purchased her a women's version of the same watch case, but with a Quartz movement. She has no particular interest in mechanical movements, and just wanted an accurate watch out-of-the-box. I bought her the Invicta 8942 Womens' Dive Watch, which is visually identical except that the face and the bezel is blue, rather than black. She is quite delighted, and it's been a reliable watch so far. SEE: Invicta Womens Diver Two Tone Stainless

UPDATE #2: Since regulating the watch exactly 2 weeks ago, I have kept daily track of it's ability to be accurate, and in 14 days the watch is precisely 7 seconds slow. It has lost between ZERO and One Second per day over this period (meaning a +/- 1/2 second per day consistency), which I am blown away by. This is without playing any games (like manually winding it) and the watch is worn 24/7.
This Seiko Automatic Movement is an absolute wonder and a joy to behold, and would EASILY meet ANY Swiss Chronometer Certification (only about 4-5% of the finest Switch watches can pass the test), though of course they would refuse to even TEST it because it is not made in Switzerland, so doesn't pass the "Snob Test." [...]

UPDATE #3: Unfortunately, after enjoying almost perfect time-keeping, I failed to remove my watch when qualifying at the range, and the recoil evidently altered the regulation of my watch. It is sadly now tracking about 10 sec/day slow, so I will have to open the back, and re-regulate it. It is very consistent, so I am sure just tweaking the adjustment slightly will put it spot-on again. My most accurate watch (a "Swiss Military" chronograph with a Swiss quartz movement I've owned for 10 years) is "off" by only 2 seconds after 3 months, and HAS sustained recoil shock w/ no adverse effects, but that is a wholly unrealistic expectation from an automatic mechanical watch. I am STILL delighted with the Invicta, however.
44 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2014
i've had 3 invictas; i've always thought they were a good deal. This is in the same cost league as certain Seikos (like the model 5) and Citizens. This particular model is a terrific looking Rolex knock off.
This was a gift for my stepson. After 3 months he noticed the marker on the dial at the 2 oclock position had fallen off, gotten wedged between the hands and the watch was unreliable. Stuff happens; i've never had a Skagen that DIDN'T have this problem.
But the fact that it broke isn't the issue.
There are 2 things about the warranty: First, it is a year warranty. This is less than 4 months old. Invicta charges you $28 for the repair - ostensibly for shipping and handling. BS. Second, it takes up to 90 days to repair it.
I've had 20 year old Seiko Kinetic's that cost less and were turned around faster.
This is unimpressive customer service. The cost of this has now gone from $89 to $117, and more if I insure it, and more with postage.
Bad consumer relations.
Further update: I sent the watch in and got a phone call that the package had arrived at Invicta without the watch in it. Now I'm out a watch. Because it was so inexpensive I didn't insure it. My fault. However, Invicta just sent me the package back PLUS the uncashed money order. Great. Now I have a money order made out to Invicta. My bank said they couldn't help me. Finally got through to Wells Fargo who of course doesn't offer a "speak to representative" option on their voice mail tree....when I finally did get through, they told me I had 3 options - i could ask Wells Fargo for a refund less the $15 fee, so I'd get back $13. Or I could bring it to a bank, and IF they used Wells Fargo they MIGHT refund me; or I could go to a check cashing store and they could do it (probably for the same fee....)
So beware if you buy an Invicta Watch - the watch MAY be more than you expect but if anything goes wrong you aren't dealing with Lexus here. Repair is going to be a pain in the rear...
on February 15, 2013
This watch is incredible! Gets tons of compliments, looks great, high build quality. It came in a high quality box, with a very good cleaning cloth. I have had no problems with it. The only thing worth mentioning is that t is very hard to resize by yourself without a tool, but that's my adult. The watch keeps decent time. The only thing that I don't like is that the cyclops doesn't magnify enough, and is a bit hard to clean around. Would highly recommend.
review image review image
on April 15, 2013
This is my 4th Invicta automatic diver, I also have a 8926OB, 8928C, and 1002.

This one came in flawless, no defects, smooth working screw-down crown, and accurate within 3 seconds a day, which is excellent for any automatic.

Negatives? Turning the bezel felt a little bit cheaper than normal, but not really an issue.
on October 11, 2008
I bought this watch a few months ago to replace a Seiko quartz watch I had been wearing daily for a few years. I've been extremely impressed by its looks and quality. I've received a lot of compliments on it, both when showing it to friends and unprompted - it's hard to beat such classic styling. The design is both sporty and durable enough to wear on a daily basis, and nice enough to wear with a suit. Morover, since most people nowadays don't even know what an automatic watch is, showing them the action through the window in the back can be a good conversation starter.

I won't saw that this watch can rival the quality of the Rolex watches on which its design is based, but for a fortieth of the price, I can hardly complain about that. The action is a bit cheap - even though I wear the watch daily, it gains about 5 minutes every 2 weeks or so. I do sit at a desk most of the day and do not use a watch winder overnight.

Overall though, for the price, it's hard to beat this watch or one of Invicta's similar watches. I highly recommend it.
on March 1, 2015
I have waited a couple of months to review this item to make sure it works correctly. I am happy to report that this Invicta watch keeps perfect time and gives a decent amount of operation (two days) when not being worn. The screw down stem works very well and makes changing the date an easy operation. This watch has a very nice weight to it and just feels like a quality time piece. The back of the watch has a see through glass so you can see the operation of the mechanism. This watch is rated to 660 Ft. or 200 Metres. I have taken it down to 15 feet but that was the full extent of water testing. Considering the very reasonable price on offer I consider this watch a very fair value. If any isues crop up in the future I will amend this review accordingly.
on November 25, 2015
Last less than a year started loosing time at 8 months and now at 10 months has decided to stop completely. After calling and getting rude customer service and finding out they want almost $30 to send it back. Watch does make a good fusing weight, not worth almost half the price of watch to send back. Also looked at other reviews and saw 3-4 month turn around.