Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 27, 2011
The picture of this bear is very misleading. That must be the smallest kid in the world, because the bear is not that big. It's squat, smushed, and the fur is not that soft. The picture makes the bear looks like it would be soft and pliable, but it's not. The arms and legs stick straight out, stiff as a board. The feet don't look like that at all, and it's middle is hard. I bought this for my six year old for Christmas because all he wanted was a big stuffed bear. I can't tell you how disappointed I am in this product. I thought I could trust something from Melissa and Doug - usually very good quality. If you are expecting the bear pictured, go elsewhere. This is not what you get.
55 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2007
Even though the product is meant for children, it brought the child out of my girlfriend. It gave her such a big smile. She cuddles with it on the couch while watching television. I may even buy one for me to hang with when I'm watching the Bears game!
on November 9, 2014
Ignore the negative reviews. I called Melissa and Doug directly. Apparently there were a lot of fakes that shed, had wrong arms, holes, and were ugly and misshapen. M & D was well aware but unless people take the time to call Amazon and report the seller and problem it won't get fixed. I've gone through this a few times.

Ok, having said that I've bought three of these bears. Two were gifts I saw photos of (the genuine thing) and one I just got on a lightning deal from Amazon for $40 for my three year old daughter. I got it yesterday and opened it to check it. Now let me say, I used to work at a store that sold Russ Berrie plush so I'm very familiar with what a soft teddy feels like. I collect smaller ones myself.

He is very soft. His fur is not the honey brown color, rather a blend of grey and different browns. I like it, it adds depth to the color. He is not stiff at all. I wrapped his big arms around himself to see if my little girl could hug him, yup no problem. I was also able to push his head down andi mush him into a ball, nope not stiff at all anywhere!

I gave him a good pulling on, no hair came off anywhere after multiple tugs. He has a "tush-tag" as most plush do that reads Melissa and Doug. Size seems to be confusing but the real deal is right around 3 feet high while sitting and he is just as wide so yes it is big. Basically while sitting he takes up almost a cubic yard/meter. As far as comparing it to my kids that's a bad idea, my kids are very big for their ages so using that to judge is a bad idea, ALL kids are different.

It's going to sit for 6 weeks, but I know my daughter and she will love it. Everyone loves getting the biggest box, well, except my grandma lol. She once got a mattress pad cover and she was so excited her dentures were clattering ripping the paper off that bad boy. I was recording on a vhs camera and her face went from Oh boy, Oh boy!! to My goldfidh just died when she saw it wasn't something fun like s jumbo teddy bear. I still have that tape, she was 93 lol..good stuff.

Anyway, buy the bear if it's what you want. I'm not allowed to say who to buy it from in the review so just use your brains folks, wink wink. I had good luck with my seller :)
on November 30, 2007
I shopped for a giant teddy bear online for a long time before deciding on this one. There was another one I liked that was the same price but the shipping for it was like $[...]. With Amazon I got free shipping on this bear so it was the best deal. It is a cute bear and you will be hard pressed to find a bigger one for the same price!
on January 5, 2007
We bought this bear for our son and he just loves it. Its very soft and cuddley. Though very durible, our son takes it to bed, lies on it for a pillow whilst watching television, and wrestles with it playing. Would recommend this bear for all kids.
on October 13, 2011
Yeah so this guy made me wanna buy him for my awesome gf. Thats right i bought this for the GF. Spent the 55 BONES this thing costed me.. Didnt care, shes worth 55 bucks spent on nothing.. BUT THIS GUYS NOT EVEN CUTE!! I got him in the mail and it was like 10 days before christmas no way to get a refund.. Had to stick with him.. He was OK size.. but NOT for GROWNUPS.. THis is for a little child maybe 30-40 lb child.. they'd think this guy was big.. Believe me, the material is cheap, chinese.. Don't care what they say it doesn't feel COMFY.. I thought that was all the bad news.. thought he looked weird.. AND HE REALLY DOES COME WITH THE FRIKKIN WEIRD ARMS!! TWO LEFT ONES!! WTF WHO DOESNT PUT A RIGHT AND A LEFT ARM ON FOR ALMOST 60 DOLLARS.. JEsus... this thing was boughten a year ago.. but i STILL held onto this damn grudge because he REALLY wasnt satisfying for me to have spent that much money on to be really.. NOT worth the money.. Anyway the day of mothers day i walked into walgreens... Their bears there are 18 dollars.. Same size.. FEEL SO NICE AND SOFT.. AND THEY SERIOUSLY LOOKED CUTE!! NOT LIKE THIS DUDE.. NO EXPRESSION.. two left arms... hair was really gross feeling.. like as if from a dog or something not even a dog.. too uncomfortable.. Sorry I spent so much time to get this off my chest.. But this guy totally got me for 60 dollars. If i could I'd get my gf 3 bears from walgreens.. She'd have liked that more than this guy.. He sits in her room in the corner.. no one ever plays with him.. they notice hes a decent size.. but not what i imagined when they used the word.. "JUMBO".. More like "Child size". Should be considered HOT AND STICKY hair quality too! Dont forget the LEFT ARMS LOL!
55 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2015
I bought this bear for my son's nursery, and I am very disappointed with the quality, it's not as bad as some reviews say but definitely not how the bear is described... the bear is stiff not soft and the fur is ok.
review image
on August 31, 2011
i'm not sure what is wrong with this bear, but it seems like it is faulty. missing fur in places, one hand is backwards, the face and nose droop almost all the way down to the belly. horrible quality, the only reason why i didn't return it is because it's so big and return shipping is $$.
on February 15, 2014
My brother purchased this bear as a Valentine's Day gift for his girlfriend as something for her to remember him by since they live quite a distance away from each other. The bear is such good quality. It's nice and soft, and HUGE. It also seems very durable. She loves it. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a gift that makes a big impression.
on March 31, 2011
We love the Melissa and Doug brand and own quite a few of their toys for my daughter!! I bought this for my daughter for Valentines. She runs up and gives him big hugs daily and we use it has a pillow when we read books before bed time. My daughter will often grab a book and go over to lay on the bear even on her own. :) He sits on the floor against her crib and the only thing I don't like is that she seems to be able to EASILY pull out chunks of hair. Although once the hair is gone you don't even notice where it came from. So far no bald spots on the bear. haha. She loves this big thing and I would definitely recommend it to anyone else!!!!

It was also packages VERY well!!!