Most helpful critical review
39 of 41 people found the following review helpful
hole is too small for eggs and 54lb husky swallowed one whole! $600 surgery!
on October 11, 2012
The elastic hole for the eggs to go in is too tight. Its a struggle for me to get them out let alone my husky. I pulled one half way out so he could get it the rest of the way and he did but then ignored the animal and just played with the egg. he had it out less than 2 minutes when he made a choking sound and the egg was gone! HE SWALLOWED THE EGG WHOLE!!!! I wouldn't have thought this possible! The eggs themselves are about 2.75" x 3" with a squeaker inside and he swallowed it whole! This isn't a bash on the product but just a warning to those with larger dogs, these can be swallowed whole! My dog only weighs 54lbs so he isn't huge by any means but he was able to suck that egg down in no time, I dropped him at the vet to get the egg removed and the only way to get something that large out is surgery, its too large for them to pass it or pull out through the throat. This $10 toy rapidly turned into a $610 toy after I pay for this surgery tomorrow not to mention the stress put on my poor little buddy. This toy is getting its 3* out of 5* because of the difficulty in removing the eggs not because my dog is a dumbass who swallows giant squeaky eggs. Great for small - medium small dogs, large breed owners beware!