Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on May 25, 2007
Okay, so let me just say that I shopped around, to say the least, before deciding on this kitchen for my daughter's 2nd birthday. I actually bid on and paid for the KidKraft Large Kitchen, but for the first time in my ebay history, the seller dissappeared. No money, no kitchen. Anyways, so maybe having set my heart on the hefty Kidkraft kitchen had me a bit set up when I received this one.

Don't get me wrong, it is adorable! And I absolutely love all of the accessories that come with it - fantastic! We supplemented the wooden food supply and bought a set of silverware (all from Target) and it is the pieces that came with this kitchen that I consistently find my daughter playing with. She especially loves the salt and pepper shakers and the pegs for hanging some of the items on. She is always bringing me something to eat on the plates, as well. I think she agrees with me, the wood of this kitchen and its pieces just feels really good to the hand - it has a satiny clean feel to it.

My parents had recommended laquering it to protect it against water stains. Heck no! I had been completely committed to not getting a huge plastic monstrosity, no matter how many bells and whistles it had. Actually I think the bells and whistles do children a disservice by encouraging creative laziness. So, the fact that this kitchen is all wood, clean, nontoxic, I really love that!

Its also important to mention that assembly was easy and impressive. The entire deal goes together with less than a dozen screws. Its almost like a puzzle and I appreciated the ingenuity of its construction.

So what don't I like? It is a lot smaller than I envisioned. My daughter isn't that tall, but she is almost too tall to comfortably access the oven and other door. They just sort of disappear. Also, for the price, it does seem to be a bit flimsy - only time will tell whether that is the case or just a perception. I've also been dissappointed that the sink didn't come with a removable bowl like so many other kitchens. It doesn't seem to bother my daughter who is forever washing her hands there, but I wonder how long that will last.

Basically, I think it is a wonderful kitchen for the young toddler years. Everything is soft and curved and light. Everything fits in little hands and feels good, too. It is wonderful to have all of the coordinating pieces and it really is just the cutest thing you've ever seen!

However, I wouldn't recommend it for older or multiple children. I expect to upgrade to a bigger, heavier-duty kitchen sometime in the future.
11 comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2011
We recieved My Creative Cookery Club by Educo this afternoon. I was nervous about buying it for my daughter. Many of the reviews I've read have stated that it may not be a suitable kitchen for taller, older children. My daughter is a very tall 3.5 year old. However, I've had my eye on this kitchen for quite some time and I wanted to find a kitchen that would allow for creativity. Despite my concern that the kitchen might be too small for my daughter, we decided that this kitchen was the most reasonable, wooden kitchen that we could find!

I wanted to find a non-toxic, wooden, durable kitchen for our daughter and possibly for any future children we may have. I'm very happy that we decided to go ahead and buy this kitchen. Upon inspection it appears durable and it is absolutely adorable! It only took us 16 minutes to put together. The wood is unfinished, but it feels very smooth. We did not find any wood that might splinter our daughter. We believe that it is a durable and sturdy kitchen that will last us for quite some time!

To be clear, this kitchen is indeed small. Be sure to check out the dimensions listed before buying this kitchen. Despite being a short kitchen (the table part comes up to about my adult knee), my daughter doesn't seem to mind. She immediately started playing with the kitchen and was very excited when she first saw it put together! Only time will tell us how long she will play with it. I personally think this kitchen is suitable for children up to age five. I think once our daughter turns five we will upgrade, but for now this kitchen is adorable!

The kitchen toys and wooden food that come with the kitchen set are adorable! My daughter loves cutting the food with the wooden knife. We bought some more wooden play food to go with her kitchen though.

I highly recommend this kitchen. I will post an update as my daughter gets older, but thus far we are very pleased with this product by Educo.
on December 24, 2014
This kitchen is wonderful! It was very easy to put together and my son loves it. I couldn't believe it actually comes with the utensils and food too (though I did have to buy some more food it is a nice start). The only thing I don't like about it is I wish it had at least one more compartment. Everything else is perfect though, the height is perfect for my almost 2 year old and the pegs are an added fun for him which is a great fine motor activity too (hanging the utensils on the pegs). I also bought some melissa and doug food which came with 4 small crates and it all fits inside the left compartment when we put the toys away. It was the best deal for a natural wood kitchen I could find. Eventually I would like to add a fridge but I would recommend this for sure!

*the pictures attached show the height compared to my 22 month old*
review image review image
on October 20, 2008
This kitchen is so small! My 3 year old daughter towers over it and I think she doesn't like it because it is so small. My 14 month old like it though. I can't believe this is for 3 to 8 year olds. This kitchen would come up to an 8 year old's knee. It was easy to set up, and I like that it is wood. The accessories are very nice, but I would not buy this again.
1010 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2010
12/23/2010 - I just received the package 90 minutes ago. My wife has been waiting for it, and was super pleasantly surprised that it arrived 3 days after we ordered it... just before Christmas! The moment it entered the house, I assembled it, which was pretty easy. 10 minutes later, my 10 month old daughter was sitting and standing in front of it, opening doors and chewing on the wooden toys. I feel really good that this set is made of wood, and not plastic. This has a great feel, and my daughter is already spending time on it. We have set this up next to the kitchen entrance way so that we can watch our daughter play as we prepare food and sit at the dining table. It has given us a little more freedom because our daughter now sets her attention on the kitchen set, rather than on us inside the kitchen. What's even better is the entire set is made of quality wood, so I have no worries about what kind of plastic it may be made from. (I think my wife likes the toy as much as my daughter :) ). I am happy with the seller too, because they sent everything and processed the transaction with no hitch.

Update 8/25/2012 - my 30 month old still uses the kitchen almost everyday as a part of her play routine. She learned to wash her hands in the kitchen sink, to cook with dad on the stove, and to make pizza with mom. This play kitchen is wonderful! We picked up other food and kitchen toys along the way, and she has incorporated them with this toy as well. Was a great purchase almost 2 years ago. Still being used today.
on October 14, 2011
My daughter always wants to help me cook so I decided it was time to get her a little kitchen of her own. I was looking around at different kitchens for her, wooden ones that were non-toxic but were not super plain and boring. This kitchen is perfect! My 22 month old is in love with it and is constantly bringing us meals and having us come help her cook meals. She loves all the food and dishes/pots and pan pieces that came with it (we will be getting a little bit more food) but the price for the set can't be beat! The quality is great and the height and size is perfect for her right now. We will probably upgrade in a year or so but this kitchen is great for hours of imaginative play and I highly recommend it!
on June 9, 2008
We bought this product for our 2 year old daughter and she is busy cooking since.
Here's why I would recommend this product:
1. Assembling it was a breeze
2. Quality is great, looks beautiful and inviting - natural wood finish
3. Comes with basic cookware and some food items, all wood

This kitchen set is not as big as the popular ones are but just the right size for our place and taking it apart would be easy when moving (a biggie for me). I am very pleased with this product.
VINE VOICEon December 22, 2008
My son just got this for Christmas and it is just a wonderful wooden toy. My husband followed the directions without problem and had it together in 20 minutes. The kitchen is sized perfectly for a 2 yr old and comes with play food, cooking pans, plates & utensils. It has its own sink, cabinet/fridge, stove top & oven. Plus S & P shakers that sound like they work! We love it and my son can't stop playing with it. Good, sturdy quality toy - get this one!
on August 19, 2008
My son absolutely loves this toy. I haven't seen him this excited before. He talked non-stop for twenty minutes while he played with it and explored the various pieces and functions.

The instructions and number of pieces looked a bit daunting, but the setup was really easy. It does take a little while to put together, but this company has someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to design and instruction manuals. There are small details that I appreciate, such as the hooks for the cooking tools to hang on, the knobs for the stovetop burners, the see-thru oven door, and the salt and pepper shakers that actually make shaking sounds.

Kudos go to the Educo/HaPe company for using natural wood and staining instead of painting. The packaging had very limited amounts of plastic (bubble-wrap) and there was no smell to any of the components. This is such a breath of fresh air (literally) when compared with toys that are scented, made from plastic, or packaged in eco-unfriendly ways.

I only spent $93 on this (shipping included), but I would have paid $120 for this level of design and for the way that it allows my son to use his imagination more fully.
on March 5, 2015
We bought this kitchen for my 1.5 y.o. daughter who LOVES it. She loves making "eggs" and "washing" pizza. It's not a fancy kitchen, so it encourages the child to be more creative with what she has. It's also great for socialization. We ask her to make pretend food for our guests and it really makes her proud of herself and she warms up to new people more easily.

Sizing: The whole apparatus comes in a smaller-than-expected box. The kitchen itself is not too big at all: maybe 2.5 by 3 feet. For us, this small flood space is the perfect size and you can move it easily from room to room. Daughter is the 75th percentile for height (around 33-34 inches I think) and while hanging utensils is a bit of a stretch (She's actually figured out to do it from the side), the toy will work for years to come.

For a 1.5 y.o. the kitchen comes with more than plenty accessories. But you can also add more from ikea or the like. I keep everything in a large ziploc bag and nothing's gone missing yet...

Negatives: I would agree it might be a bit crowded for two children to play together. Also, it's open from the back so things can slide out. Not a big issue though. Lastly I would recommend some kind of wood oil be put on before you assemble it, as the wood is unfinished. I'm going to try the same oil I use for my cutting board to see how that works.

Our's was a warehouse deal with a damaged box, honestly you can't beat an 85$ kitchen with all the fixin's!