Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Yakima SKS Lock Cores for Yakima Rooftop Car Racks
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 9, 2013
These installed easy enough, but after examining how the locking mechanism works, I am pretty sure I could still force the latch on the support tower open without any tools. The locks work by engaging a metal clip behind a plastic tab on the back of the outer cover on the support tower. The engagement is only about 1/8" and the plastic is not very thick. If someone wants to steal your rack or its contents, this will barely slow them down.

For what these roof racks cost, the manufacturer needs to include a more secure locking mechanism. This would probably require making the outer cover on the support towers out of metal instead of plastic, or re-thinking how the locking mechanism works entirely.
on July 28, 2014
So expensive for what they are. The mechanism is too basic and feel like anyone can open this.
on April 26, 2014
After years of not locking our roof rack, a friend pointed out that someone with a pickup could easily remove the entire rack, with all its contents (ski rack, cargo box), in a few minutes. For the extra peace of mind, we spent the modest amount to get these locks. They installed in a snap (literally).
on January 16, 2009
It took a little time trying to get the lock into the slot correctly but once I did, it works like a champ. I like that they give you 3 keys and key sign-up form if you ever lose them. Good product. Would recommend.
on January 9, 2016
Some people have commented that it doesnt give enough safety and you could still break through the locks. While that may be true (because no lock is unbreakable), I dont see anything about these that make them unnecessary. I love how well they secure down the strap and keep it from moving. I was unsure, but after installing they are essential to me. Very glad I got a pack of 4 to keep the rack locked down. You wont regret it.
on September 6, 2015
Very pleased with this lock set. They installed into the JayLow carrier set that we have without any issue and function very easily. We are planning on buying a carrier rack for our other vehicle and this lock set will be purchased again to go along with it. I highly recommend this lock set
on May 27, 2016
Other than being a little pricey for what they are, I am very happy with these locks. Installing them takes less than a minute. The key they come with works smoothly. I feel a lot better about leaving my bike in my roof rack when I'm not around. Its nice to be able to swap the cores out between my bike racks in the summer and ski racks in the winter.
on September 23, 2015
I purchased the four lock set and it about 10 minutes to install them into my Yakima rack setup. The install is very simple and the included directions were very clearly written. As another reviewer stated, these locks only hold the plastic cam lock cover closed. This is not a robust locking setup. I purchased these locks as an additional safety to insure that the cam lock covers stay closed when I'm moving down the road.
on January 8, 2016
A must have to keep your valuables secure! The bulk packs of Yakima SKS lock cores make things super easy to keep track of being that they are all keyed alike. If you have several different Yakima accessories, the bulk pack is definitely the way to go. My suggestion would be to buy a pack that has a few extras... this helps to keep things future-proof for your next toy :)
on June 30, 2016
Meh. Okay. Easy to install. No real issues. May prevent the convenience thief from walking off with my racks. Value is questionable - they should be far cheaper and, really, ought to come with the racks themselves. No issues and no better alternative.