Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 28, 2011
The day before Christmas the broiler in my stove turned on by itself and would not turn off until the stove 's electricity was turned off and disconnected. Due to the special design of my kitchen, I had to special order a replacement slide-in stove with a 3-4 week lead time. Quickly discovering that I was unable to microwave dinners for 6 every night, I ordered this double burner as well as a single burner to get me through the month wait. I was exceptionally pleased with the way this burner performed. The sealed elements made it easy to clean and maintain. The cook heat came up to temperature faster than the deceased stove's had and in no time I was able to boil large pots of water for pasta, fry eggs, cook in my wok and make all the dishes I was used to cooking on my stove top. It was more than worth the price I paid for the convenience of being able to make complete home cooked meals every night. My sister will be borrowing both burners this summer when she has her kitchen remodeled because I raved about how great they have been. I heartily recommend the Maxi-Matic EDB-302F Elite Cuisine Dual Temperature Double Burner 1500-Watt Hot Plate.
22 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2011
The product is attractive enough, and heated up well enough, albeit somewhat slowly for as long as it worked.

However, the reason I'm giving it only one star is because the large burner simply stopped working after less than 60 days use and it was light use at that.

The double burner was not immersed at any time, it did not have liquids splashed on it, it was not abused in any way. It simply died!

For the price there is simply no excuse for the quality of the merchandise to be so poor.
55 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2014
I've been using this buffet burner while my kitchen is being remodeled. I've been able to cook burgers, pasta.. almost anything I could cook on my stove. This has been a lifesaver!
on June 15, 2014
This was exactly what I needed. I wanted to be able to cook on my patio during this hot summer. The burner works great. My air conditioning does not need to fight the additional heat from cooking. Very nice looking as well. Light weight so it's easy to move around. Excellent.
on October 13, 2014
Got this so I could still feed my husband for the duration of a kitchen remodel. The plan is to use it on the New Year's buffet table in the future. It works, but has some quirks:

1. The control knobs don't click, they rotate without specific stops. This means that simply brushing against them can change the temperature or, worse, accidentally turn a burner on. Because of this I unplug it immediately after turning it off. I plan to tape the knobs in low Warm position when it's on the buffet.
2. Only the larger, left side, burner gets hot enough to boil water (and it gets really hot.) If I need to cook more than one thing at a time, I start it out on the big burner then move it to the little burner to finish off while I cook item number two on the big burner. The small burner can maintain an existing simmer. Logistics is the name of this game.
3. Being made of cast metal, the burners retain heat well, but don't try to wipe them down with a paper towel or sponge, that will leave shreds behind. The black base wipes clean easily with any sponge, cloth or paper towel.

All in all, I am satisfied, though not delighted, with this double hot plate. It is getting me through the time of no kitchen.
on February 15, 2011
I was in the middle of a kitchen makeover and needed a hot plate to cook on and heat up water. I ordered this hotplate thinking it would be perfect for me. When it arrived I noticed that it had obviously been used and that worried me. I tried out the smaller burner first and tho' very slow to heat up, it seemed okay. Then I tired the larger burner and immediately the house started smelling of burning wires. This had been returned as damaged to Amazon and it was just put back in their warehouse and sold again! It was a lucky thing I had remained in the room when I turned it on, as it very easily could have caught on fire.
That was something that never should have happened and hopefully I won't experience that again. I purchase a lot from Amazon, and this is my first time being disappointed with them and hopefully my last time.
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2011
This is the SLOWEST heating plate !!!!!! Don't waste your money! A small pan with about 5 oz. of water takes about 15 minutes to boil!!! Worst product I have ever bought from Amazon. JUST DON'T BUY IT!!!

The worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on October 3, 2014
The product is ok, however, the large burner stopped working in less than two months which was just after the return time they allow. I phoned them, and was informed that they wouldn't provide a shipping label for broken item. It cost $25.00 to return the item, and, as you can see, that's practically what I originally paid for it. When I received the OLD item back, I see that it was repaired. So, I actually paid $25.00 for a used item. I am NOT a Happy Camper on this one. I would NOT recommend this product.
on October 28, 2010
I highly recommend this product. Perfect for camping or on any ocassion when extra burners are needed for preparation of large dinners. Heats quickly, cooks or heats food very well. Easy cleanup and storage. Every kitchen should have one -- either at home or on the road.
on September 16, 2014
I bought this based on the description and the positive reviews. We are in temporary housing without a range top until our house is completed and I thought this would come in handy. It has not. I can put a pot of water on to boil and take an hour hike; it takes that long to boil water (and I'm not watching!). I've tried both burners with the same results, using either cast iron or stainless steel pots and pans. If you just want to simmer something, it seems adequate. For boiling anything in a timely fashion, I don't recommend purchasing this unit. The coil burners (I have one of those, too) work much better.
UPDATE August 2015: I could no longer use this even as a heating unit, as it became dangerously undependable. The left burner stayed very hot even when dialed to "OFF" and the right barely worked at all anymore. I worry that people might leave this plugged in thinking it will cool down and might lay something on top, which could cause a fire. This one went to the metal recycling pile.