on March 24, 2008
My 5 yr old son received it as a Christmas gift. My son always likes puzzles. He needs some help in the first few times. After that, he memorizes all the locations and did it himself. I think for a 5 yr old, the kid needs to have some patience to put together a 100 piece. The puzzle itself is very well made with beautiful colors. It's fun to play with and pleasant to look at. Recommended.
VINE VOICEon June 25, 2008
We have a 5-year old and a 4-year old, so finding games, puzzles and activities that the whole family can enjoy together is very important to us. This floor puzzle is large enough we can all enjoy it together.

We own more than 25 jigsaw puzzles, including 4 floor puzzles from Melissa and Doug. This 100-piece puzzle is large, so it is easy for both of our children to handle the pieces.

Of all the jigsaw puzzles we own, Melissa and Doug puzzles are the most durable.
on January 16, 2008
The evaluation and comments were made by my 7 year old grandson, to whom I gave the Safari puzzle as a gift.

"The puzzle was a little tricky at first because I had to separate all the pieces by color. It was fun to make because I enjoyed identifying all the animals. It took me an hour to make."
on January 9, 2007
This puzzle is of extremely good quality and has been enjoyed tremendously by my kids ranging in age from 3-8.
on August 8, 2008
My 3 year old likes working on this puzzle with me. Sometimes his attention span is not quite long enough to finish it before he becomes distracted. The 48 pieces are well within his span of time, but the 100 is usually just outside of it. I recommend having both sizes on hand as the 48 pieces go too fast when he wants me to work them with him. The pieces easily resist both my 3 year old and my 1 year old crawling on them and chewing on them before I get them away from her.
on May 2, 2008
My kids love putting this puzzle together, as with all puzzles from Melissa and Doug. Just challenging enough for my 5 and 7 year olds. I would recommend this puzzle to anyone with kids 8 and under.
on February 9, 2009
We bought this puzzle for our 6 year old son thinking he would need some assistance putting together such a big puzzle but it is designed in a way he can do it by himself. It gives him a good sense of accomplishment since it is such a large puzzle. The peices are very durable and he's put it together many times. I highly recommend.
on December 27, 2007
This is a 100-piece puzzle that my 4-year-old son and I work on together. The pieces are large and very durable. He loves it!
on January 2, 2013
I've purchased several Melissa & Doug products and have be really pleased with the quality. However, with this particular puzzle numerous pieces had the picture peeling away from the cardboard backing. Not the quality I was expecting.
on June 10, 2013
I bought this item for my grandkids to play with when they're visiting. My 4 year old granddaughter and I have sat down multiple times to put it together and she loves the process, loves showing everyone what she made. It takes her and I about a half hour to assemble; once finished, she is ready to put it back in the box for the next time. Made of thick, sturdy cardboard; each piece is nicely sized so I imagine we will have this item for a long, long time. A multitude of animals in the illustration helps enable a young child to assemble, however with assistance.