Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Plano Two Level Satchel Tackle Box
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 13, 2010
I was looking for a primary tackle box that would hold most of my lures and fishing tools, and still fit in the well on our boat, for storage between outings. I was very pleased with the purchase, and was able to fit everything I needed in this box. There are many adjustable compartments in both layers, and a large compartment that can hold tools and other accessories. I like the fact that both layers can be accessed without flipping the box over. This one allows access from the clasps that are located on each side for one layer and in the middle for the other layer.

But before I even put it out in the boat, I noticed that the plastic trim that goes all around the top of the bottom layer was broken in the front, and separated from the box from the front around to the side - about 8"-9". It was probably broken in shipping, or even before it was shipped. But since I had spent too much time organizing all my stuff into the box, and since it did not affect the opening or closing of the box, I was able to glue the strip back on so that it's barely noticeable, and, so far, the glue has held up. Were it not for that breakage, the box would have earned 5 stars from me.

I would recommend this tackle box to any frequent fisherman, but do check it thoroughly for breaks when it arrives. I had a similar experience with a clear plastic box (had a hole broken out of the bottom of one of the compartments), but was able to catch that one and return it before I went to the trouble of filling it.
VINE VOICEon November 11, 2009
Well, needless to say--after reading my title, THIS box works just fine for organizing all my electronic cigarette equipment. So let's get with it;

1. I measure 17 inches wide, 11 inches deep, 5 1/10 inches high. (big enough for all my equipment.
2. Transparent lid so I can see inside without opening--effective dust cover either way. I like the shade of blue.
3. If you look at the picture at the top of the page, you will just barely see white streaks going left and right--these are the dividers between each section. (the up and down dividers are not visible to me and can be removed to make each section 'longer') There are five sections divided up as you can see. In the bottom level there are five more stretching clear across this container from left to right (no big area in there unlike the top level. All these sections can be lenghtened or shortened but can not be made deeper.
4. Look at the picture again, you see that slightly whiter area to the far left--under the lid? That is one big section. It measures roughtly 7 inches by 10 and 1/2. Good, I can put big things in there like clippers, magnifying glass, scissors, etc..
5. The rought distance from the floor of the top section to the underside of the lid is approximately 2 1/2 inches.
six. Visually, this container gives the impression of being as big as an attache' case--a pretty big one.
7. Sturdy construction all around.
8. Both the top and bottom levels latch off differently from each other.
9. If you buy this thing to hold all your fishing tackle--you must be a pro cause this thing can hold a ton of stuff!
10. The handle seems sturdy enough, but if it should break, it's not put in there in such a way as to make it impossible to replace. Pretty simple actually.
11. The 'pins' running through the 'henges' are about the same dimension as coat-hanger wire. Stronger of course, but probably easy to replace.

CONS;

1. There is no 'real' cons here, but let me add this. After looking closer at the unit I noticed breather holes running down both sides--hard to spot at first. This is good to evaporate those wet lures. However...not so good for floating--if it's upside down in the water. (oldtechno's will never see a river or smell fish).

Finally;

I got mine for nineteen dollars and change. (I forget what the shipping and handling was). For those of you who use them for fishing tackle, or like me to put all your e-cigarette equipment in...this thing is huge on the inside--I've got eight or nine hundred dollars of juice and equipment in there and one third of the bottom level is empty and some of the top. Those of you who are fishermen...there's enough fishing tackle space in there for a boyscout troop.

I consider this a great buy.
on April 12, 2008
Plano markets this as a tackle box but it is easily the best toolbox out there. The different size compartments are perfect for keeping your tools organized and easy to find at a glance.

Don't let the size fool you. It has 1012 square inches of space compared to only 625 square inches for their 15" toolbox 3 Pack of 303-007 15"TOOLBOX W/ TRAY.

When I first started using this as a tool box, I wasn't quite sure if it was robust enough to handle tools. But I've hauled 18 pounds of tools in it for two years now and it is holding up fine.
on July 1, 2013
This is a great catch-all tackle box. It is almost perfect, but I would prefer a bit larger variety of compartment sizes. I'm not an avid fisherman by any stretch, but this will effectively haul quite a bit of gear in an easy-to-access storage solution. I would recommend this product with the caveat that large items can be challenging to find a home for, and makes the space utilization a bit inefficient.
on October 4, 2009
4 years ago, my husband and I purchased 2 of those tackle boxes, we liked them so well that we have everything organized in all the spaces available for our lake fishing. Then we decided to buy 2 more for salmon fishing. We love those boxes. If you like to find your tackles in your box when you need them,that is the best one to have. We love fishing.
on January 26, 2016
I have used this box to hold my jewelry inventory for years. The sections are customizable and the dividers stay put. The items I store in this box are very heavy and the box has held up extremely well.
I have 3 of this box and another bigger Plano box so when I needed a new box I went looking for this one.
The color has changed over the years but the quality appears to be the same.
review image
on June 20, 2016
I own and have owned several Plano tackle boxes for years. Always excellent quality. I bought this model years ago and it has always been a favorite.
Perfect bass box for plugs, plastics, jigs etc. (not a spinnerbait box) The old one finally got dropped one to many times and broke a hinge.
Bought this new one and I'm back in business. A useful hint: I get a can of bright red spray paint and give each of the locking clasps a shot of
color. A helpful reminder to make sure each one is down and locked before I pick up the tackle box.
on February 13, 2012
I am using this for my work. It is actually easy to keep all my things separated that I need. I know most use it as a tackle box, but it is great for all storage needs. The only bad part is that the shipping was delayed a few more days than expected.
on October 13, 2014
What a great tackle box for a great price. I like the large square compartment to store all my Gulp packaged baits. I have 7 full packages in there no problem. In the second tray there are 8 individual storage squares, about a third of the tray space, that have built in dividers so there isn't a need to use the removable dividers. You have to use the removable dividers on the top tray. This is the Plano 1155-03 model. I don't even think Amazon tells you that info for some reason ??? Solidly built too.
on September 20, 2013
I use this as a small parts box for work. I've owned 5 or more of these over the last 12 years and I haven't found anything that does the job better. I am hard on these boxes, they ride in the back of the truck, get rained and snowed on, and dropped from heights. My only complaint is that the top cover gets brittle over time probably due to exposure to the sun. Once I received this boxed I added 2 layers of fiberglass onto the top cover and over the hinges. I think this will help to strengthen it and keep it from getting brittle over time.