Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Suncast Storage Trends Utility Base Cabinet
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on December 11, 2007
I have it on my deck right next to the hot tub. I put a DVD player and a LCD monitor inside, along with the chemical for the hot tub. It has gone through hot sun, rain storm, and snow. Pretty much weather proof. It has a little latch at the bottom to keep the door close. Great product!
44 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2010
Ordered this cabinet to store gardening supplies in the back yard. With the addition of some various sized baskets was able to neatly store all of my gardening tools, gloves, plant food, soil, bonsai pots, etc.. The interior stayed dry, even during some pretty serious downpours. The top provided some much needed extra workspace, too. All was well until I decided to store birdseed and peanuts inside. I used lock-n-lock containers to store everything, but this morning I went out to fill the feeder and found that the top of the cabinet, around the edges, had been chewed up pretty badly. Anyone who has dealt with squirrels knows that they are very smart, and the ones that live around me are downright rude when it comes to food (they will come right up and look in the window if you haven't been out to fill the feeder yet!). Guess I was a little too late with peanuts today, so they decided to help themselves. Haven't figured out a way to repair the damage. Hoping I can order a new top, but it will probably be more cost efficient to just buy a new cabinet (it's that good an item).
on July 17, 2009
The plastic was slightly more flimsy than I expected, so even though it assembled in under ten minutes, there were places where things did not seal as tightly as one might like. It will certainly do the job I want it to do, and the price was right compared with other, similar items. If you are thinking of buying the tall version of this, I would think twice. But if you just want it for light storage duty, it's perfectly adequate.
on June 10, 2008
Arrived quickly, all parts were in the box, nothing missing. I put it together in about 10 minutes - instructions very clear and concise. Looks great and holds plenty of stuff. Room for a padlock if you need one. I liked it so much I immediately ordered another one for the garage.
on January 8, 2010
We are in the process of re-organizing 17 years of "stuff" in our basement so I've bought a number of storage organizers lately. When you compare Suncast with some other storage cabinets it may be a little more expensive but believe me, it is so worth it!! I have this storage cabinet and another brand cabinet and Suncast is worlds better than the other brand in quality.
on July 5, 2009
I read the reviews on Rubbermaid storage and sure glad I did buy that junk. This is made pretty good. It has a foot latch on the bottom and a place for a lock on the top of the doors. I'm not sure yet if anyone makes a lock that will fit it though. Ordinary padlocks won't work. You may be able to find a long hasp lock that will fit. I have two split rings and a small lock on it right now. Not much security but it keeps honest people out. I have it on my newly built patio and I attached 2 X 6's to the wall and screwed the cabinet to them. So at least someone can't walk away with it.

You need to get some small screws and nuts to hold it together. It pretty flimsy but is okay when you add your own screws. Nothing like Rubbermaids junk though. There are no black holes or other items in the nightmare reviews like those on Rubbermaid. I'm an aerospace design engineer so I see plenty of design features that could be better. But for the $69 I paid for it and a few screws it's okay.
on October 5, 2011
I bought two of them. Once assembled, the cabinets are flimsy but useful if you take care with loading and unloading items. The front door on one of them is poorly fitted but works. The bottom shelf also slips out of it slot under heavy load. The other fits fine. The cabinet is made of plastic with not a lot of structural strength. My original plan was to stack them one on the other but I'm not going to now that I've seen the completed cabinet. Assembly is moderately easy, the only complication being the installation of shelves into flimsy support slots.
on August 1, 2008
The Suncast Utility Storage Base Cabinet is a great to match to the Suncast Tall Cabinet. Currently being used to hold all that stuff that is bought at the Warehouse Stores. No matter paper products or cans, bottles, etc. this cabinet is able to handle it all. Exterior very easy to maintain.
on August 15, 2013
This is exactly what we needed for organized storage on our deck. I have a deck box, but stuff ends up on the bottom and you have to dig for it...

I love the shelves and doors for organizing! It's been great all summer and doesn't get wet inside when it rains. However, when you put it together (which is super-easy), there are a few spots where it doesn't fit perfectly. I have a feeling these spots would let in a bit of water if we leave it out over the winter and any snow sits and melts on the top of it. We just plan to cover the top and it should be fine. For us, it doesn't really matter if the stuff inside gets wet...most of it is "outdoor" stuff anyway...but if you were going to use it to store tools or anything that you didn't want to get wet, I would cover it.
on August 22, 2013
I have set it on the "cooking patio" mainly to store items that I use each time I use our Weber natural gas grill/griddle and it does an excellent job of doing just that. I also keep my assorted smoking wood chips there along my spray cans for the grill and assorted pots and pans. All of the lighter stuff on the top shelf and I save the heavy stuff for the bottom shelf where I have an assortment of cast iron skillets. It was very easy for an 81.5 year old man but with all of the interruptions I had it only took me 25 minutes to assembly it.