Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 4-pc|Change

on September 1, 2009
Fantastic wine glasses. If these had the name Reidel on them, they'd go for $25 each: they're made of beautiful crystal, are weighty without being awkward, and have a unique, classy shape. The bowl is large enough to really oxidize the wine, and they're tall enough to stand up to a formal dinner setting. The heavier feel to these glasses really complements a fine, meaty California Cabernet Sauv or South African Shiraz.

They are considerably heavier than a Reidel glass, however. If you like a lighter, delicate feeling in your hands, these are not your glasses. The glasses also have a distinctly linear shape near the bottom of the bowl, whereas Reidels have a more classic curvature.

Overall, these are great glasses to have in your cabinet, especially given the price. A slightly unconventional shape and a solid feeling make for a great drinking experience.
on September 28, 2011
Given that most of us, despite the best care, will break a wine glass or too, the $25 per stem price of Riedel or other crystals didn't seem sensible to me. I purchased my first Luigi Bormioli approximately 4 years ago, and can't say enough about them. Wine opens beautifully and makes its way to the right part of your mouth for tasting, the glass is gorgeously clear and, my favorite part? The sound is astounding!!! The coup de grace has been when sommelier friends, or simpy wine lovers, have mistaken them for very expensive stems . . .
on May 14, 2012
I'm not by any means a crystal expert, but I knew that I wanted a set of nice wine glasses that were thin, well proportioned and had a stem, but weren't as expensive as Reidel. These fit the bill. The price is great - about $11/stem, and the quality is rather decent. Perhaps not quite up to the Reidel standard (one of my stems is a tad wobbly) but you can't beat the quality for the price. I really like the shape of the Atelier style too. They have some personality. I debated between these and the Spiegelau vino vino glasses.

I ordered one set of four as a tester and am going to order 4 more of the cab/merlot glasses plus 8 of the reisling glasses. And if they break, which they inevitably will because I tend to drop things, it won't be the end of the world. What more can you ask for? And the packaging was great. They arrived fast and in perfect condition.
on April 21, 2012
I received the product in a timely manner and all four glasses arrived unbroken. The glasses have a nice weight to them and the design of the glsss enhance the flavor of wine. Looking to add 4 more.
on January 18, 2010
I bought these for a friend. They are made of lead-free crystal glass, so it looks and feels and sounds like traditional lead crystal without the heavy metals. While they have a beautiful and unusual shape, the rim is rolled, not sheer. If you want something with a more delicate feel in the same shape, I suggest either the Riedel Vinum Extreme (lead crystal) or Stolzle Exquisit (lead-free crystal).
on December 23, 2011
These are wonderful glasses. I've gotten so many compliments on them! Even my husband who doesn't drink says they make him want to drink wine! They are very sturdy and definitely improve the flavor of the wine.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 5, 2011
We are red wine drinkers, not collectors or aficionados. We enjoy wine, but aren't pretentious about it (hopefully), and only rarely open a bottle that retails for more than $50. We have a good-sized cellar and, in an average week, we'll have wine three or four times with dinner. So we wanted stemware that was good enough to compliment the wine, but didn't break the bank, AND was sturdy enough to be washed in the dishwasher. (Because I HATE hand washing.)

After trying a myriad of options, from Pier One, to the lower-end Riedel, to even more pricy than that, we haven't found any we like better than the Luigi Bormioli Atelier. They are lightweight and look delicate, but hold up surprisingly well. In more than a year of near-daily use, and dishwasher washings, we've only lost one, and that was to a total floor drop, something no glass would have survived.

They are the perfect size and shape for a generous glass of red, leaving plenty of room, and surface area, for aeration.

They look good, hold up well and are priced right, plus we've never had a stemware complaint, even from those who are far more particular about their glassware than we are.
on June 16, 2013
Update: We've had these glasses for about 8 months. One had the "foot" break in half and another has chip on the rim. Disappointed in the workmanship. I have cheapos that have held up better than this.

Stick your nose in and have a sip... I am not a "wine snob" by any stretch (I was drinking Walmart wine a year ago), but decided that the old adage is true that "life's too short to drink bad wine." So a few months ago, my wife and I started spending a bit more for quality wine and found we really noticed the difference. We then bought an aerator (a must have item) and found that made a difference. I just purchased these glasses, and, yes, they also make a noticable difference. We enjoyed a few of our favorites using these and am very glad we bought them.
on February 8, 2010
The Luigi Bormioli stemware is exceptional for the price. Beautifully shaped with the sparkle and clarity of higher priced crystal, it provides a pleasurable experience to wine drinking without the concern of breaking very costly crystal stemware (which I have done with much regret). These are our primary everyday wine glasses allowing us to enjoy their delicate beauty, clarity and sparkle without agonizing over the possibility of watching a $40.00 piece of stemware shatter into a hundred pieces.
on March 2, 2016
Esthetically very pleasing glasses, thin as soap bubbles, but have so far held up well.

Be aware: they are QUITE large (19 oz.). I find myself using both hands to hold comfortably, and fill only the bottom if I want to get up from the taible and be able to walk....

Fitting into cupboards is a problem. Too delicate for a dishwasher, but well worth the extra effort.