Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$65.22+ Free shipping

on October 15, 2008
Fisher Price has two farms represented here. The first has a DVD, (pic # 4) made in 2006 and contains lead in the facial paint, and does not have the 'touch and feel' feature. Now, (see pic 5 from left) the 2008 model, no lead supposedly, and has soft fur glued on the animals. Amazon sends the one from 2006 which had lead in the paint and your child will most likely put the toy in his or her mouth. Beware as neither Fisher Price or Amazon were willing to remedy the sale of this product when notified.
1212 comments| 203 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2007
We bought this version with the touch & feel fur, we have not had the problems that other people mention. Maybe because I gave this to our daughter when she turned 2, so she doesn't put the animals in her mouth. She LOVES feeling the fur, she makes the horse's mane tickle her nose! She got so much for her birthday, and this is her favorite toy by far. She probably plays with this 90 minutes a day total. She even wants the farmer & pig to go in her crib during her nap. First thing in the morning when she wakes up she says "play farm!" I find it very durable and have not had any problems with this toy that other people mention. This is the best toy purchase I have made for her in all of her 2 years. I'm going to buy more Little People stuff for her in the future.
VINE VOICEon September 12, 2006
I was so excited to receive the new version (touch & feel farm) for my son's 1st birthday. We actually bought the older version, but took it back when we found out (a week later) that there was a newer version available. It was a huge disappointment. My son removes the silo faster than I can connect it back on. The animals have "fur," which I thought was a really great idea until my son started biting the hair off of the sheep. The rooster slides across the front of the barn to send the other animals down the slide, and is not removable. By opening three different barn doors you can hear a "moo", "oink", or "neigh" and place those animals inside the barn. There is a location for the sheep, and in order to hear the "baa," you push on its hay inside the stall. The only pro I can come up with is that the barn is much lighter in weight than the original. I am sorry I did not keep the original because now I cannot find it anywhere.
33 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2014
Fisher Price Little People are fantastic for ages 1 and up. I had bought my daughter various sets, and this one continues to be her fave. She is 2.5yo and loves playing with all the animals and hiding them in the silo. The sounds are typical sounds kids recognize from the barnyard and the quality is great also. We ordered the hassle free packaging which was great and no setup required, just open the brown box and start playing! The silo does sometime become unattached, but easily snaps back on. That's the only con I would have on this but absolutely not a big deal. I will continue to buy Little People sets for my kids and for others. The age span is great as well. I would say up to 5 years old.
on June 25, 2013
I received this item a week ago and found a few problems with it, like loose parts and missing fence post for future attachment. I just sent it back to Amazon for a replacement and it hasn't arrived yet.

My big question for all other owners out there is,"Do you have a goat with your farm?" The description and photos clearly shows a goat but ours didn't come with it and I was wondering if this is a mistake or did Fisher Price actually change the packaging. If you go to their website you will notice that they have a brand new Farm that comes with animals and sound for $40.00.
Perhaps this farm will be discontinue soon.

Ours animals didn't have fur and there were only 4 animals (horse, cow, pig and sheep) and a farmer in a bag labeled 2011. The animals don't make the sound. The sounds are trigger when you open the gates and when the chicken is slide side to side. The silo and barn were label 2006 and comes attached but can be detached. Silo door can be opened but doesn't stayed open and keeps on dropping down. Overall there really isn't much to do and it might be a better toy for older toddler engage in pretend play.

************************************************************************************************************
UPDATE: So my new farm doesn't have a goat either nor the fence post. It was in worst condition that the first one I received. All the parts have different manufactured dates, so if feels like the "Frustration-Free Packaging" from Amazon are mix-and-match refurbished items. So I returned it and went to our local Target store where they did have the goat and fence and went to customer service for a price match.
on January 7, 2009
Bought this for 17 month old. She is just starting to learn animals and sounds. On her own she will play with it for 10 minutes or so, then it becomes a repository for anything else she can stuff in it. With Mom or Dad she will play with it with a much longer period of time. It's quite durable and I haven't had too much problem with the silo coming loose as other reviewers have commented on, though when it did I found it hard to snap back on. We don't have the furry animal version, which is probably a good thing as she's still in the everything-in-the-mouth stage. It's nice bright colors, realistic sounds and good, chunky, easy-to-handle figures. I personally like the cute little details molded into the plastic (ropes, mice, cats, farm implements) though they really don't add anything to the play value, they're just eye candy for the grown ups I think.

Criticisms: The switches or pressure pads which activate the sounds must be very close together because sometimes the wrong sound will play with the wrong trigger, or just knocking or pressing the casing will set one of them off. The sheep's stall is very close fitting and I see can be frustrating for a child who hasn't completely mastered fine motor skills to get the figure in and out. Neither issue is a big deal IMO. The most annoying thing is that the placement of the on/off switch on the bottom of the toy means that if it is pushed or dragged across the floor in the right direction it switches off and a small child will not be able to turn it back on themselves.
on January 6, 2012
I paid 35.00 dollars for this thing and I regret it! Sure, the kids play with it here and there, but the quality is not good at all. Very cheap, poor quality, weak plastic. If you are looking for a Fisher Price animal farm, spend a few more bucks and get a used older version and I am sure you will be happier.
This farm is not as big as I was expecting, and there is nothing to "do" with it. There are no images on the walls like the older versions.
Fisher Price used to be guaranteed quality, but obviously they are stepping down from that. To think that I got a "good deal" on when it was on sale for 35.00!
The kids do play with it though, but not the one that it was intended for! My 1 year old barely bothers with it, while my 2 and 4 year old play with it a lot. For that, I give it a bit higher rating.
My only advice is buy and older version or a vintage Fisher Price farm and you will not be disappointed. I found a larger, few years older farm and Goodwill with a lot more animals, fencing and sturdier plastic for 8.00! Add that to this farm and the kids do love it.
on May 28, 2013
My daughter loves this toy so this was the second one we ordered. The picture clearly shows a goat it included but when I opened the box, there was no goat. Some may not think this is a big deal, but it is very misleading.
on June 7, 2012
I had one of these Fisher-Price sets a couple of decades ago. Then I watched my cousins have fun with one. So when I made out a Christmas list last December for my two year old son, I just had to purchase the Animal Sounds Farm for him. In the beginning, he didn't seem to care much for it, but now at two and a half years, he can't seem to stop playing with it.

The set came with a variety of figures to play with, including a horse, pig, sheep, goat, and farmer. They are chunky, easy-to-grasp plastic--perfect for a toddler's grip. Mine do not have fur which is a huge perk in my book as I feel my completely plastic figures are a little easier to sanitize. My son really enjoys stuffing all the animals in the silo for storage when it is time to put the farm away.

The farm makes a variety of farm animal noises when doors are opened and closed or the appropriate pieces pushed. The farm is also crafted in a solid way and has survived all manner of reckless treatment from my child. It has been a versatile and well-loved fixture in our home this spring, and my child also enjoys mixing in random animal figures from other playsets in the barn. He cares more for the animals than for the sound options so I feel that the farm is actually encouraging some imaginative play.

I have never seen a great price on this particular set through Amazon or any store. It has always seemed a bit too pricy for my lean wallet, but given the durability, I think this set will outlast my daughter's toddler years and will probably become a bit of a bargain in the end.
on January 7, 2009
I ordered the Fisher Price Animal Farm for my grandson (age 18 months) because he loves animal sounds and I remembered how much my own children loved this toy. I expected some differences but it seems that everything is different about this toy. Why mess with a great toy? The old toy used to "moo" loudly every time you opened the barn. This toy makes different noises for each animal but not clearly enough (in my opinion, that is). Sometimes it is hard to distinguish between the horse noise and the sheep noise. If I have a hard time hearing the differences -- how is the baby supposed to hear the difference? With that said, my grandson still seems to like this toy. It doesn't hold his interest as long as other toys (like I thought it would) -- but that could change as he gets a little older and begins using his imagination to play with the toy animals and farmer(instead of just working the "action" and sounds part of the toy like he is doing now).