Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Color: RedChange

VINE VOICEon August 31, 2010
This review is for the Skip-Hop Pronto and is from daddy's perspective. This was my bag of choice when taking my baby daughter to day trips to the museum, beach, friends, Grandma's, etc. I really liked the bag and used it for over a year as my daughter was still just wee. Below are the main points I can speak to from my experience:

Pros

* Size - This size was just perfect for day trips. It held a travel-size package of wipes, a few infant diapers (or a couple of bigger ones), and a couple of tubes of hand sanitizer, bottom balm, etc. I loved the fact that it all condensed down into a small sized satchel that could be tossed under the compact stroller or hung on the handle without taking up a lot of space or getting in the way. I always kept a larger, fully stocked diaper bag in the mother-ship (car) where room and space weren't as much an issue. I thought the size of this was perfect for on-the-go short adventures.

* Function - I really liked the fold out pad. Though my daughter didn't really care about its aesthetics, I liked the pattern on the changing pad. Its surface was smooth which made it really easy to clean. Most importantly, it had nice padding that kept my daughter comfy while I went about the diaper business. The padding wasn't very thick, but it seemed to be effective against hard surfaces. Also, I liked the size of the changing pad - I found that there was plenty of room for baby. The case had plenty of areas for storage for its size.

* Quality - Mine held up very well with frequent use over time. I saw other reviews that indicated quality problems and that's too bad. I bought mine in Fall of 2007, so perhaps the company changed manufacturers or materials that led to some shoddiness.

Cons

* Price - I chose this over other, similar on-the-go diaper bags because I thought it had better styling and I thought the set-up was a little more functional. That being said, it was pricier than most others - sometimes significantly. It could probably be cheaper.

* Size - I'm not sure this is a con, but some people would probably find that it's just too small. The opening for the wipes is a tight fit. I never had a problem with it and never considered it a problem. Some have noted that you can fit fewer larger diapers vs. infant-sized diapers. Well, yeah. Just like you get fewer #4 diapers vs. newborn diapers in a package of the same size. I don't see this as a negative, as by the time my daughter was wearing #4 size diapers she was also going less frequently and more predictably than when she was in the infant size. One of the things I liked about this changing bag was that it was small; if I wanted something that would carry the same number of large-size diapers, I would just have lugged around my backpack-style diaper bag. Which is the point: This is a very compact bag, suitable - in my experience - for outings that lasted hours, not days.

Final Thoughts

I should also mention that I found the small plastic wipes case that came with the bag to be useless and just tossed it; travel-sized wipes packages are the perfect size for this bag and are usually resealable. Also, getting rid of the hard plastic case saves space and adds flexibility to the bag, in my opinion. Others may feel differently, but I didn't think the plastic case added any value.

In the end, I used this bag more than any other and really liked it, and can recommend it based on that experience. It is specialized, though, and not something that you'd take on an extended trip. For this daddy it was perfect, but that may not be true of others. I would rate the product five stars based on style, functionality, and size, but feel compelled to knock off a star for price. Saving ten bucks here or there can buy a lot of wipes, you know?
0Comment134 of 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2008
I like the design and convenience of this diaper changing pad, but after 1 month, the seam on the front pocket began unraveling leaving a hole in the front pocket. I contacted Skip Hop for a replacement. Customer service did not reply for 1 month. They arranged for me to return the product before I could receive a replacement. It is now 3 months later and I still have not received a replacement after contacting them numerous times.

I also have a Skip Hop diaper bag which I've recently noticed has a defective buckle. It comes unlatched while I'm carrying it and the bag falls to the ground. Since their customer service is so poor, I've just switched to using another bag rather than to deal w/ another return.
99 comments113 of 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2010
I bought the Skip Hop Changing Wallet before my daughter was born, based on the excellent reviews. I am not the type to need a giant diaper bag and a clunky travel system stroller just to leave the house. I would prefer to have exactly what I need and not carry all of that extra weight. This changing wallet is perfect! My daughter is now 6 months old, and I use this several times a day. It has not shown any signs of wear and is made of high quality materials. We can fit 4 (size 3) diapers, a travel pack of wipes, and some hand sanitizer. If needed, there's an extra pocket on the outside you could stick a change of clothes in, but it does get sort of bulky. For longer trips, we keep this in our diaper bag instead of the wimpy changing pad that it came with.

In case you're interested, my other favorite baby items are the Ergo baby carrier and the Hooter Hider nursing cover. I routinely leave the house to spend the whole day with my baby girl with nothing else.
11 comment48 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2012
I first purchased the Pronto Changer after the birth of my first child in 2009. Unfortunately the zipper broke on that after about 1.5 years, but I continued to use the changing pad since I like the thickness/cushioning of the pad and the wide flaps. With the recent arrival of my 2nd child, I decided to purchase another Pronto. As soon as the new one arrived, I immediately noticed a decline in the quality of the construction of the 2012 Pronto vs. the 2009 Pronto. I practically cut myself on the sharp and frayed edge of the plastic coating at the end of the zipper on the new one. The fabric was not sewn together well at all, and I was concerned my infant would get a nasty scratch if she happened to sweep her hand, leg or cheek across that part of the pad (kids tend to roll all over the place!). On my 2009 Pronto, there were no sharp or frayed edges on the seams or zippers; seams were sewn straight and plastic coating glued down well. The second thing I noticed about the 2012 Pronto was that it was lighter - this is due to the fact that they've used a thinner, less rugged plastic on the changing pad and less cushioning inside. Again my 2009 Pronto has a much more durable plastic lining that has held up well over the years and a thicker cushioned neck pillow. I am concerned that the new plastic liner is much cheaper quality and may not stand up to wear and tear. I suppose if you absolutely need this as a portable diapering solution, you'd keep this, but for me it wasn't worth the expensive price tag for an item of such low quality. I plan to return this new Pronto and just continue to use my old Pronto in 2 pieces (at least they still buckle/velcro together despite the broken zipper). Skip Hop should really reevaluate their quality control on this product.
0Comment46 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2012
This item looks great but is cheaply made and isnt even safe for your baby. The red wipes case transfers red color to all your wipes and when you report the issue to the company they do not care. They delete your posts on their facebook wall if it doesnt favor them. Do not buy this product or any skip hop product for that matter. Your baby deserves to use products made by a company that will stand behind their product and that actually cares about the welfare of your baby.
review image review image
0Comment57 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2008
I was disappointed that this bag fell apart after less than two weeks of use. Skip Hop refused to repair or replace it. Why pay a premium price for a product when the company does not stand behind it?
0Comment33 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2010
We got the black and white one, and I really wanted to like it-the color/design was great! Unfortunately, it did not hold up. After just a few weeks the zipper broke and fell off, so you couldn't connect the two parts together. The mesh bag is great for newborn diapers, but once the sizes get bigger they don't fit well into the compartment. The hanging cloth hook started to fray and you can't use it to hang from the diaper changing areas. I don't know if it was just a defect on mine, but the wipes case would only go into its compartment at an angle, which was hard when you are changing your baby. Altogether very disappointing.
0Comment26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2013
This is great! It has the wipes container that is shown, and an interior zipper pocket that you can squeeze maybe 4-5 diapers (max) in. An an exterior pocket that is pretty useless, but maybe a peice of paper? I don't know. The diaper mat is acutally integrated into it, so it unfolds with the changing pad attached to the diaper pocket and wipes pocket, but you can unzip the diaper mat and detach it as shown. If I'm just going grocery shopping or somewhere local, I just bring this instead of the whole diaper bag fiasco. It wipes down easily, too!
on April 11, 2011
As expensive as it is (for a changing kit) I was very hopeful for it to come up to every expectation.

Pros-
It is very useful, anytime you need it just pop it out of your diaper bag and you have changing it which had comfy mat for your baby, wipes' box which can hold decent number of wipes, 2-3 size 3 diapers, and also one disposable bag.
It looks chic, quality of outer material is very good.

Cons-
I had ordered the red one first, and I so wanted to love it. No doubt it was very useful but red squared mat which looked so stylish in first place, started running red color. First it did not make sense to me, but then all its show was coming down to to zero. (I have attached pictures as well)

So, finally I returned it. BUT I find this particular product very good, and hence I have ordered a different one (wave dot) for me. I hope that one is as good as I assume it is.

I will update once I have experience with the second one I ordered. Until then I can not give it more than 3 stars.
review image review image
on January 7, 2013
We bought this little insert after our daughter was about 3 months old. It fits everything you need for most baby related doings. We fit diapers, wipes, butt cream, bags to put stinky diapers in, a change of clothes and a pacifier. The changing mat makes it easy to change her anywhere and everything is accessible. This is the kind of product you can use one handed while poop is leaking through your baby's pants. We are big fans.