1,625
Item Package Quantity: 1Change
Price:$63.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on October 11, 2011
Item Package Quantity: 1Verified Purchase
I was looking for a small, powerful and inexpensive vacuum cleaner, and this is EXACTLY what I got with Dirt Devil Dynamite. I was looking to replace my old stick-type vacuum cleaner which was okay for hardwood, but just too weak to pick up anything from carpet.

I already have a fairly large carpet steamer which I regularly use. I didn't want another clunky machine to take up very expensive square footage in my house. I also paid quite a bit for that steamer, so I didn't want to shell out for a vacuum as well. However, I did want a vacuum cleaner with some power to it.

1) SMALL: The first thing that caught be by surprise is how remarkably small this vacuum cleaner is. I think the lady in the picture is rather short because the canister part hardly even reaches my kneecaps! Size-wise it almost looks like a child's toy!

2) ASSEMBLY: There's virtually no assembly required. Just snap in the handle and it's good to go.

3) POWERFUL: It picked up incredible amounts of dust, dust bunnies, crumbs and hair on my carpets which were freshly steam-cleaned just days earlier!

4) SIMPLE: There's one on/off button, a snap button to detach canister to empty it. Sturdy paper filter. It has a stretch hose. To lock it straight up, just lean it forward. Lean backwards to unlock. Handle is retractable if you want to store it, or if you want your kids to exercise their vacuuming muscles!

5) STORAGE: This cleaner just slides under the bed for storage. And I mentioned how important my storage issue is!

6) PRICE: I would expect this performance from a $120 machine, but for $54 this is such a steal.

7) DOWNSIDE: This cleaner is not self-propelled. You have to apply some force to push it forward. Not a deterrent for me, but might be an issue for some customers. If you have mobility problems or more significant physical limitations, you might want to consider a self-propelled vacuum over this one. More expensive cleaners will have rotating wheels which makes the cleaner slide over carpet easily.

There. I hope this was useful. Happy cleaning!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Item Package Quantity: 1
I got this vacuum for thirty bucks so keep that in mind. There are units out there that cost ten times that. So how does the Dynamite Plus stack up? It sucks! Very, very well. I don't think I have ever used a vaccum that had such powerful suction. I bought a Dirt Devil cordless unit (the one that no one seems to like) about a year ago and it was garbage. I wondered if anyone really needed cordless while in the confines of their own home. Most likely not. Why not trade the dubious benefits of cordless for maximum sucking power? For the price there is proably no vacuum made that is more powerful. So why only 4 stars? Despite a vacuum that seems well built, convenient, light, bagless, portable, etc., there is one thing that is insanely ridiculous about the Dynamite Plus' design. All of that powerful suckiing power shoots right out a front grill of the vacuum. Like a tornado!!!! The first time I used it was in the kitchen it it literally blew all of the photos and notes off my refrigerator. The next time bordered on slapstick comedy if I could have considered it funny. I was vacuuming the hearth of my fireplace and the tornado-like exhaust fan blew ashes from the fireplace all over my living room!!! Who in their right mind would design a vacuum with a jet engine strong exhaust fan right in front pointing at the very dust and dirt you are going to vacuum? Final thought ... the plastic recepticle fills up very fast. I vacuumed what I thought was a clean tile floor in the kitchen and the dirt container was full. I emptied it and vacuumed my staircase and the dirt bag was full. Is this a bad thing? How can it be? The Dynamite Plus is sucking in dirt that I didn't even know existed. That's the whole reason I vacuum. So I would rate this as the best bargain of any vacuum I have ever seen except for that silly design flaw. It's not at all a reason to not purchase this vacuum. You just have to know how to avoid pointing it at things like fireplace ashes. Bottom line is I have never owned a vacuum with as much suction. This thing is dirt cheap for what it does.
3131 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 23, 2011
Item Package Quantity: 1Verified Purchase
Haven't had the unit long enough to be very critical.
The unit is only 7 amps but seems to pick up dirt like a 10 amp, lots of power to work the brush's and suck up the dirt. So far it seems to be a good value for the money.

**** CAUTION:Amazon recommended purchasing replacement
belt and filter with the Dynamite vaccum except that they recommended the WRONG belt and filter. Having not purchased the Dynamite before I went with what Amazon recommended which turned out to be the F-12 belt and F-1 Hepa Filter which are incorrect. The Dynamite vaccum uses a F-15 belt and a F-2 Hepa Filter so be very careful to order the correct belt and filter if you decide to order this vaccum...do not rely on Amazon's recommendations or their customer service.
on July 27, 2010
Item Package Quantity: 1Verified Purchase
You really can't beat the price for the quality and ability of this little vacuum cleaner. But beware, it is little, best for smaller spaces or an apartment. The suction and hose attachment function well. It's very portable and easy to remove the canister. Although getting all the debris out of it takes a good amount of shaking. All in all a nice option if you don't have a lot of square footage and want a light, little cleaner.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 9, 2010
Item Package Quantity: 1
mine is a pinkish purple color, and i didn't read the directions before using it.
unwound the electric cord from their hooks, plugged it in, and right there is the easy on/off button.
all it takes to tilt it is just a little effort on the handle - there's no toe touch pedal to release it from the upright position.
it's light-weight, so with my bad bad, it was a breeze to use. not too noisy. my dogs didn't bark at it after 3 minutes.
i can vacuum a room and a half with the length of the cord.
i live in a 16 x 76 mobile home, and this was the first vacuuming after living in it for a couple months.
and it was very clean before. i had to empty the container over twice. like another poster said, it's unbelieveable how much dirt this thing sucks up!
it's easy to clean, too. no brains for that. i took out the hepa filter, and tapped that for about 5 minutes getting dust out of it, then dropped it on the floor and more fine dust came out.
very easy to put the canister back on. and no paper or canvas bags to have to change repeatedly.

my only regret is that it doesn't have a hose detachment to get small areas, and it doesn't do well up against the wall.

it was actually fun to vacuum!

mine didn't have any attachments to it.

i added some photos. the one with my foot shows after i emptied it, i redid a room, and that is what i got out of it the second time around!

great product! got mine at walmart.

UPDATED JUNE 2011: the fan belt broke. couldn't find one anywhere on-line, at wal-mart, or anywhere. either eveyone has sold them, or dirt devil is the only one that wants to sells them. but the darn vacuum belt should have lasted longer than five months! talked to dirt devil, and the belt was like 30 bucks waiting for more shipment, or they were out of stock. i'll never buy dirt devil again!

i got some other brand somewhat similar, but no vacuum has been as easy to use and clean out as this dirt devil was. this really was a well designed ergonomic machine, but poor mechanical issues.
review image review image
on October 19, 2011
Item Package Quantity: 1Verified Purchase
Let me say my floors didn't look dirty. All I saw was a few pieces of lint and paper.

I turned this little monster on, and was pleased to see that the previous reviews were right. This things SUCKS (well). I went through my little apartment quickly.

- The cord is plenty long so I didn't have unplug for every room.

- The base is small - about 1' by 1', so it got into the little spaces easy.

- It's not terribly loud.

- It's really light. Maybe that's just me. The last time I owned a vacuum was my mother's antique spaceship.

- The extensions were a little difficult to use. I had to really jam them into each other so they would hold... but when they did they cleaned my stairs really well.

- When I got to the kitchen, it smoothly moved from carpet to tile and picked up the bits on my floor without any need to adjust.

- When I was done, the handle slides into the unit, so that'll make it easy to store in my little college apartment.

- And the grand finale: I removed the bagless canister to discover a little ARMY of filth and hair. Who knew?

All in all, a steal for $50. Who isn't on a budget these days? I love it. 5 stars.
Item Package Quantity: 1Verified Purchase
First, I bought this vacuum cleaner based on the reviews of it that I read here! Please keep writing reviews so that we can all continue to make informed consumer decisions.

I stepped up to this full-size vacuum cleaner from a Dirt Devil Versa-Stick because I've developed allergies and need a HEPA filter now. That little vacuum was great! I got it to clean my studio-sized apartment and was not disappointed by its size or performance. In fact, I was so impressed that I decided that Dirt Devil was a brand I want to continue to purchase and support.

This machine is awesome! It's powerful and picks up EVERYTHING in its path. There are no longer ANY cat hairs on my floor, or dust, or powder in the carpets from the previous tenant - which the versa-stick was pulling up, just not quickly enough for my allergies. I also vacuum my couch and chairs with the main vacuum part, using the roller, and then again with the attached brush if I feel like I need to.

I love it. Now, I can lie on my floors without worrying about walking around with a hair shirt all day.

I checked about the cost of replacing the filter (every 6 mos. is recommended in the vac and filter documentation) and it'll only be about $7-8 and is available at Walmart and online from many different dealers, as well as from DD itself.

Cleaning out the vacuumed contents couldn't be easier! It is completely contained in the front tube-shaped compartment, which releases with a push of a button. NO DUST flies out when you do this, either! Big plus! I bring it outside to dump in the trash can. Then, per instructions, I turn the filter to release it and tap the filter against a wood post until all the dust flies away. Because of my allergies, I wear a bandana around my nose when I do this, but as long as I'm cautious I can position myself so that the dust doesn't fly back on me. I have also tossed the filter gently on the grass a few times to release the dust in it. The filter is made well and tough enough to do this without any worry of damaging it.

What else... the attachments are great. The extension hose could be longer, as others have mentioned, but it's been OK for me. Besides, I appreciate DD's well-made design. Everything is compact and neat, with no extra bulk or hanging stuff to get caught up on something when putting it away. The one extension tubes and the crevice tool are designed to fit into each other, which is also a well-made design that I appreciate. The brush attachment fits into its own slot on the opposite side of the back of the vac. The attachments do NOT fall off, either, while you're using the machine. I really love the design, so I can't say enough about that.

One more thing is that the handle for the vac is also retractable, so that you can push it into the body of the machine and carry the vac around with it's built-in handle. I do this when I'm going to put it away in the stairwell. It's completely compact and self-contained. And, I love it.

The weight is light. I think the manual says that it's around 7 pounds. So, I have been able to hold up the machine by its handle while I vacuum the ceiling fan and above picture frames with the crevice tool.

The machine is loud and terrifies one of my cats. But, I don't find this to be a reason not to buy the vac. It also blows out a high amount of wind from the front exhaust. I consider this part of the well-crafted design that makes sure the suction is powerful and the dust is trapped inside the machine where it belongs.

I LOVE to watch the dirt and hair be picked up and start to swirl around in the dust container! I really feel like its working when I see that. Well, it's no longer a feeling, actually, because it's immediate proof that it's working!

Another thing to mention is that the vacuum cleaner picks up from every type of surface. It vacuums up my kitchen linoleum, and hard wood floors, as well as the carpet. I don't have to sweep separately. This is what I expected from DD, due to my previous vac experience with their machines.

Anyway, I am glad that I bought the machine. It has been helpful for my allergies, I believe. I no longer have hair all over my apartment like I used to complain about - for years, I've complained about this. Because I have vacuumed it all up from every surface and crook in the place. It feels nice and clean in here, almost sterile actually. I wish I'd have gotten it sooner.
on February 12, 2008
Item Package Quantity: 1
I have owned this superb vacuum for at least3-5 days and it is a powerful little vac that acts like a big 12amp vacuum.And I have found that it not olny picks up the big clumps of nasty horrfying dirt and grit but also the little specs of dirt that ruin carpets.And the hose never clogs up and, Ifound out that if you take the hose off an actual 12amp vacuum and use that to clean off the heapa filter in the DirtDevil`s dirt compartment it basically makes it look like it`s brand new.P.S.It has really awsome excellent scution through the floor nozzle and hose and the beater brush beats the living heck out of our carpet, so that`s why it`s so powerful ect...
on July 18, 2011
Item Package Quantity: 1Verified Purchase
Great little vaccuum for the money - enough said. I took away a star as a caution because of Amazon.com. My caution is to avoid the "Frequently Bought Together" option for a HEPA filter and two replacement belts. They are the wrong ones. The filter they send it an F1 and it should be an F2. They send two style 12 belts and they should be style 15. Come on, Amazon get your act together.
on July 12, 2011
Item Package Quantity: 1Verified Purchase
I was looking for a new vacuum in the $50 - $100 range and came across this with great reviews. It was about $20 cheaper than the Bissell I was going to purchase, so I decided to give it a try. It does have pros: it is small, great if you have to carry it up or down stairs and it actually does suck up a lot of dirt. But the things I hate about it outweigh those for me. It's really loud, mine emits this high pitched piercing sound the entire time it's on. It drives me crazy. Also, the attachments are short. I need to use the attachment tools to vacuum in window sills that are up higher in several rooms. It just doesn't reach. Third, it's very messy to clean the filter. I wish it had a ring around it like some vacuums that I could just rinse under water. I definitely have to take this outside to clean the dirt out or the dust just flies everywhere. Wishing I would have purchased another Bissell.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations