Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Air King 9312 Powder-Coated Steel Multi-Mount Wall Fan, Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Change

on October 23, 2014
Poor customer service. Good air moving ability but poorly constructed. I purchased this product for my restaurant however the the plastic back motor cover broke off after a few weeks. The motor cover broke off because it housed the on-off pull switch. Most fans have the pull switch mounted directly mounted onto something studier, such as the frame or motor. But this fan, had the pull switch mounted on the plastic back motor cover. So, through normal usage, the on/off motion of the pull switch caused the plastic to fatigue and broke off completely after normal usage. Wires everywhere.

What made things far worse was the customer service. I emailed this company with a photo of what happened. They wrote back and ask me to call their 1-800 number. I spend an hour on the phone trying to get through to someone to see if it was covered by warranty. I didn't speak to anyone after an hour, so I e-mailed them. They finally call a day later, and said that it wasn't covered because it wasn't a defect.

Really? After normal usage and entire of the back of the fan falls off and it's not covered by warranty?

Whatever, I paid for the replacement part.

Also, don't buy the wall mount either. Poorly designed, since it only has one bolt securing this fan. It's a safety hazard and doesn't come with very good instructions. Ironically the fan came with its own safety harness cable. Lol...
review image
on June 21, 2007
This fan is awesome. My husband mounted it on the ceiling of our workout area, and it does a great job! It's very powerful and really cools off the area. I also appreciate that Air & Water e-mailed me a tracking number, and that I received my fan so quickly. I will definitely order from Air & Water again, and I highly recommend this fan.
on December 16, 2011
As Advertized. A Quality made, all metal, heavy duty fan. Works great and pushes a large amount of air.. No noisier then any other fan of this size. For mounting one can use a large lag screw or bolt depending on where or how your are using. Also comes with a safety wire and clips incase the lag screw fails or the mounting frame? I used a large bolt to mount and drilled a couple extra holes for a couple smaller bolts for extra security. Excellent heavy duty chord, 3 speed fan..
on March 5, 2013
I was whole-heartedly in favor of this fan until about a year after I bought it, when the medium setting stopped working. Then I had to start pulling the chain an additional time each time I wanted to lower the setting (such as from off to high, high to medium, medium to low, etc) then it just stopped working all together! I enjoy the product, but for the price, you're investing too much in something that does not have the quality to make up for the price. I, unfortunately will be going back to my cheap wall fan that I bought for 20 bucks five years ago (it's piece of crap, but at least it's a piece of crap that still works!)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 10, 2016
Have used Air King fans in our horse barn and they are great looking, tough fans. Bought this 12 inch Air King fan to use in our greenhouse. We keep on the lowest setting and moves the air gently in the entire greenhouse. Not annoyingly loud and no vibration. I leave it running all the time right now but plan to put it on a timer so off at night during the summer. Mounted on two big eye bolts bent open enough to slip the mounting bracket on (Eye bolts not included and not manufacturer recommended, we had to modify mounting to fit in our greenhouse. Does come with it's own mounting hardware.) in the corner of the greenhouse. Will attach photos.
review image review image
on June 11, 2011
The first thing you notice is the workmanship of this fan. It's solid and well built. I attached it to a wood beam in my kitchen using the included mount, and then hard wired the cable into an existing recessed light socket so I could use a switch on the wall to turn it on and off. Was a pretty easy setup, although I never had really done this before. It works like a charm, and the cord (although quite thick and strong) was easily cut and wired in. Plugging this into the wall would be just as good, but do realize that it's quite a thick cord and will not be very easy to conceal.

The 3 speeds provide exactly what one would need to cool off a room. I am able to pivot the fan in 2 directions because I mounted only the center screw on the mount. It's nice to be able to movie it a bit if need be. The only thing I don't love it the giant logo, but I'm used to it by now.
on October 6, 2011
Everything I was wanting and expecting. Perfect for my use. Moves great amount of air and pretty quiet too. Use it at the lake cabin on the deck and its perfect.
on May 20, 2012
UPDATE June 30, 2015: Purchased this on July 9, 2012. And 4 more shortly there after. The fans are still working great after 3 years of consistent use. In the summer time, they are on consistently from 9:30am to 6:00pm, 6 days a week. One seems to have slowed down on the lowest setting, but it has three settings so it is no problem. Air condition technician told me to strategically place the fans where the cold air will escape the most (e.g., by the door) and it has worked great in keeping the cool air in. The fan is very loud on the highest setting, but it is also very strong. Also research how much energy it takes to run a fan all day. Go this website: http://energyusecalculator.com/electricity_ceilingfan.htm . It is not much, like less then 20 cents a day or something like that depending on what setting you use it. The wattage of this fan runs 85, 76 and 64 watts depending on the setting;

I have a 4,000 + square foot retail store. The building is old and with customers continuing to open and close the doors, the cold air escapes pretty easily so it is difficult to cool down the store. I bought one unit to try out. The fan feels solidly built and it comes with instructions on how to install. It has a handle to where you can hang it or bolt into certain things and it also comes with a cable wire. I just hung it from three slatwall hooks on a slatwall. The unit is solidly built to where it feels heavy, but not too heavy. It has three speed modes which is controlled by the pull of a chain. I put it right by the main duct way where the cold air blows out and instantly the area around there became colder faster. I ordered three more units and placed one by the door and the others strategically placed. The store is now significantly colder, faster. There is not that much more significant noise in my opinion and I hardly know it is on. Good fan over for commercial areas, workout areas, garages, and such.
on August 15, 2014
Bought 3-of these for my garage. Save your money and buy one larger fan. These are not worth $75/each! They barely move the air. So many reviews say they do, but I bought not one, not two, but THREE of them and they don't move much air at all. At least they're quiet. Good for a small room, but not a 2-car garage.
on July 29, 2014
Pushes surprising amount of air the entire distance of my garage. The most important piece of advise is to go to Lowes and purchase a 3 1/2 inch long lag bolt to affix this fan deep into a wall stud. Although this fan only vibrates lightly (impossible for any fan NOT to vibrate a little) you'll still need a serious lag bolt and solid stud to affix this to the wall. Pre-drill a hole for the lag bolt of course. Just bring the fan to Lowes and peruse through the lag bolts until you locate the correct diameter to fit the hole in the support arm of the fan. This 12 inch diameter fan easily pushes air 15-20 feet from the back of my garage (mounted 10 feet up on the back wall) through to the opening of my garage door. Cools off my dogs as they watch me work/clean/drink a beer.