2,564
Color Name: CreamSize Name: QueenChange
Price:$64.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

VINE VOICEon January 2, 2007
Color Name: CreamSize Name: KingVerified Purchase
I confess that these were my first-ever flannel sheets. I was always afraid that they would pill and be uncomfortable. Boy, was I wrong! These are wonderful, soft, quality sheets that make me look forward to going to bed at night and it even harder to get out in the morning. They seemed a little expensive at $59.00 but I didn't think I'd get quality at any less expense. Now they are ten dollars less. I recommend you snap up this deal if you are looking for flannel sheets! You won't be disappointed! I'd give these 10 stars if I could!

Update: After the second winter season of using these, they are still as soft (if not softer) as they were when new. They haven't pilled or thinned anywhere and the seams and elastic are intact and like new. I can't say enough positive things about these sheets. I've purchased sets for gifts and a second set to use when these become worn, in case they were no longer available. If you're looking for flannel sheets, give these a try. I can't see how you'd find any better, at any price.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 17, 2007
Color Name: TaupeSize Name: KingVerified Purchase
I bought the taupe set and washed them first. I knew as soon as I checked the dryer that these were different than any others that I have had. With all of my past sets of flannel sheets, I had to continuously empty the lint filter during the drying process. With this set, this was not the case. There was some lint, but very little. Also, there has been no pilling.

When I first climbed into bed, it was like slipping into a comforting hug. I have never before had flannel this thick, this soft and this warm. Not even department store name brands can compare to these. And in response to the one complaint that the fitted sheet did not really fit their mattress, I completely disagree. My mattress is 17", then I have a 600 thread count extremely plush mattress pad on top that brings it up at least another inch. These sheets still went on easily and the corners still tucked under the way that they are supposed to. At this price, I am ordering a set of the butter ones today to tuck away as an extra set. Five stars is definitely not enough to describe these sheets.

UPDATE 11/6/11: These are still the best sheets I have ever owned, and they hold up better. It's been over 4 years. I have been using the same two sets of sheets since my original purchase. I change my bed every two weeks with the alternating set, so these have held up to one washing a month for over 4 years. Even with all of those washings, they are still in excellent condition... no worn places, no tears, still no pilling. The only real sign of wear is that the elastic on one corner of one set is just starting to stretch a little. I have two more sets that I purchased 4 years ago as well, still in the original packaging as they have not yet been needed. I hope that Amazon never stops carrying these sheets!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 27, 2015
Color Name: ChamoisSize Name: QueenVerified Purchase
Pinzon heavyweight chamois cotton flannel sheet set imported from Portugal is 100% cotton with a velvety feel. This queen set comes with 2 pillow cases that measure 20 by 31 inches. The flat sheet is 87 by 105 inches and the fitting sheet is 60 by 80 inches with 15 inches pockets for fitting on the mattress. The sheets are very warm, soft and comfortable. Everyone loves to be treated like gold and these sheets perform that task diligently. With flannel sheets there is always the concern of them pilling off the mattress rendering bedtime uncomfortable but then again, the Pinzon heavyweight chamois cotton flannel sheets render this myth obsolete.

These sheets have been sheered on both sides to prevent pilling and don’t forget the 15 inches pockets on all sides. They may seem expensive ($64.99) than normal sheets but the trade-off of having to sleep like a king or queen compensates for the price. These sheets are napped on both sides so as to increase the velvety feel. The weaving technique employed on these sheets helps keep the body temperature in the normal range. Even during winter time, the body will still feel warm.

The quality is retained even after numerous washing. They don’t pill or even thin in years. They are so easy to care for as they only require you to machine wash them and then tumble dry them or hang them on a clothes line. Avoid hot washing sheets because they will be over wrinkled and hard work to iron. If you have a thicker mattress, the sheets have elastics on all sides that secure them on the mattress. Pinzon claim that their sheets can fit mattresses of up to 18 inches. Chamois being a neutral color also coordinates well with any duvet color. The pinzon heavyweight chamois cotton flannel sheets are the spot on upgrade sheets.

They are warm and don’t pill- the two things that aren’t found in most flannel sheets. The sheets also make for fascinating wedding or Christmas gifts. Pinzon prides themselves in delivering just what their customers need and the coziness that one experiences from lying on these sheets is evident that they take customer feedback seriously.

This is every customer’s dream-A company that acts on feedback to better their products. Remember to avoid using chlorine bleach during washing period as the color of the sheets will come out and you may end up with not so impressive beige looking sheets.
on October 2, 2006
Color Name: CreamSize Name: Queen
It's getting cold and we needed new flannel sheets, so gave these a try. They are very soft, just right for warmth, and after several washings have not pilled or become rough. They are just great. I've told a few people about them and am thinking about giving a few sets as holiday gifts.
VINE VOICEon September 13, 2008
Verified Purchase
I love these flannel sheets by Pinzon sheets (an Amazon co.). I am a big fan of flannel sheets, and these are, in most ways, the very best flannel sheets which I have owned, however there were a couple of flaws which I fixed myself, since I liked them so much.

They come out of the dryer soft and comfortable and looking good. Not pilled or over-wrinkley. Thank-goodness--my last set of flannel sheet (which I purchased elsewhere) pilled horribly to the extent that are unusable. These sheets feel like they are high-quality--substantial and smooth. I should add that I do "baby" them a bit--I wash them on permanent press, warm; instead of hot wash like I used to do with sheets.

About the color-fastness issue: I didn't have any trouble with the sheets coming out of the washing machine with faded spots, but they basically lost all their coloring when I used the TINIEST amount of bleach(diluted in much water). The original color was "butter", which took me a while to warm up to. It reminded me of manilla envelopes, but a bit yellower. I soon grew to love the color. The sheets are now a sort-of beige-y color which works OK for my room, too.

Two bigger issues were the size of the pillowcases and the stitching of the corners of the fitted sheet. The pillowcases simply aren't long enough. I have encountered this problem with two other sets of sheets which I purchased in the past couple of years. Why are these companies being so stingy with fabric? In the case of these pillowcases, though, it was relatively easy for me to unpick the hems, turn a tiny hem on them, iron them and re-stitch. The other thing is that the stitching on the corners bottom sheet came undone, which, again wasn't too difficult to fix.

I did not contact Amazon about these issues, though I meant to. I would have returned them due to the stitching issues, which, actually is an unacceptable flaw, but I just fixed them myself because they are very good sheets. I hope that Amazon addresses this issue and continues to offer these sheets.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 28, 2013
Color Name: Italian RoastSize Name: KingVerified Purchase
I bought these sheets (king Italian Roast) a few weeks ago for a new king size mattress I had just purchased. The first couple nights were great. Sheets felt nice, the fitted sheet actually stayed in place despite the oversize cut for deep mattresses (mine is 11" deep), and the pillowcases felt very good. Kept me warm on some cold Wisconsin nights.

And then the pilling started, and it hasn't stopped since.

After a few nights I noticed some little balls of fabric coming off the sheets. I gave them a wash and a dry to try and knock off the loose stuff. A day later I have even more coming off on me. Then I noticed it is actually spilling off the bed at the foot and onto my light colored carpeting, and subsequently getting dragged all over my apartment.

I am now at a point where these little balls of fabric are EVERYWHERE. Covering my tan duvet cover and pillow shams. All over the floor and In between the sheets. Last night I took a deep breath through my nose and a little brown fabric ball went straight up. That was fun to try and spit back out at 2 in the morning. You know those little balls of "sand" that collect in the corner of your eyes? That will now be replaced with little balls of cheaply made fabric!

I've been vacuuming the bed every couple days now to keep it down, which seems to help, but trying to vacuum a king size bed is NOT a fun task. I burn about 15 minutes every couple days just to keep ahead of these things. I'm about one more snortfull of fabric before I send these things to the trash. I will think twice about purchasing anything with the Pinzon name, in fact I probably just won't even bother if I have to risk this again.

Admittedly, I am a roller in bed which could be aggravating the issue. 10 minutes without turning is a long time for me, which is why I chose what I thought would be sheets that could take the rolling without breaking down, like other sheet sets have done in the past. I have had cheaper sets which have lasted much, much longer.

I am astounded that this is not a more common complaint in the reviews. Perhaps they changed the formula for their fabric recently. Maybe I got a factory reject. Who knows, but the sheets that I received are of awful quality. You could not pay me to recommend these sheets solely due to the mess they cause.
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 24, 2008
I love these sheets overall, BUT cannot give them 5 stars for the following reasons. 1. The bottom sheet is a bit too big for my 15" tall queen mattress. It's too deep in the pockets, but would be good for a taller one. It's not bad, but does bunch up slightly. 2. The top sheet is just a tad small for my mattress. It could be a little wider and longer. There's not much to tuck in or fold over and not quite enough overhang on the sides. 3. The pillowcases are just plain too short. I have queen-sized pillows on my queen-sized bed and the pillowcases do not cover the pillow. Frankly, they would not even be long enough to correctly overhang a standard-sized pillow. I have washed and dried them according to instructions four times now. We do love the soft, thick, warm feel of the fabric and so far, no signs of pilling. These sheets are equivalent to 6.7+ ounce flannel and sewn very well. I would have much preferred an ivory-type color, but had to settle for chamois; which is a golden/camel color and doesn't match the rest of my bedding. Amazon, PLEASE, get more of the size and color that is most popular! Otherwise, very cozy winter sheets for us Northerners! UPDATE: Have washed and dried over three dozen times now, still in great shape! No signs of wear, fading, shrinking or pilling; still soft and cozy! Just wish they fit a little better, otherwise, a pleasure to sleep in! ALSO: Have purchased both 200 gram and 190 gram versions. While they are VERY, VERY similar---200 gram version is more generously cut, very slightly thicker and noticeably softer. RN #'s and other info on tags is the same, except for the word Supima on 200 gram version, but there are some differences in the product. Slightly prefer 200 gram version, but 190 gram version is very, very close. UPDATE: Recently able to order these in cream, which is a very pleasing warm ivory color. Very nice! Like this much better than chamois! UPDATE: Purchased 4 sets of these in all, biggest complaint is INCONSISTENT SIZING! Last year's version was way too small. This year's, slightly better, but still too small! UPDATE OCTOBER 2013: HAVE OWNED THESE SHEETS FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS NOW, I am pleased to say they are still comfy, warm, not showing much wear, no significant fading and I love them so much I've ordered 2 more sets (6 total) for us and several sets for my family. It's so nice to know some things are still made well and last. Well worth the money we spent on these. Sizing seems to have improved some on the newer ones we've purchased. Love them!
on May 5, 2013
Color Name: CreamSize Name: QueenVerified Purchase
OK, I waited until I used and washed this set of sheets at least 6-7 times and here is my opinion:

PROS: Thick, warm and reasonably soft. Not super soft but comfortable enough. Too warm for summer sheets but that goes without saying. Pillowcases and the flat sheet fit perfectly. Unlike others, I have not experienced very much pilling. Maybe just a few small pieces here and there but nothing alarming. I followed a reviewer's suggestion to wash the bottom sheet separately with a cup of white vinegar on delicate setting (for the very first wash). No other articles of clothing or sheets, just the bottom sheet. Repeat this again and then dry on delicate. Then wash the flat sheet and pillowcases the same way with no other items. Subsequent washings do not require the vinegar but I still wash them separate from other items. This reduces or eliminates the balls of lint. A blood spot was easily removed by soaking the area in cold water mixed with dissolved salt.

Sheets are made in Portugal and not in China - a big plus.

CONS: I didn't realize it until a few washings but the fitted sheet does not fit on one side. It looks like it was improperly cut (see the photo I uploaded). Until I figured this out, I kept trying to pull it down to tuck in but it refused. My mattress is 12 inches and my topper is 2-1/2 inches which is a total of 14-1/2 inches and there is NO WAY the fitted sheet (at least the one I received) will fit an 18 inch mattress which is in the description. The dimensions are conflicting because it states a 15 inch pocket but then states it will fit an 18 inch mattress. So which is it? Nonetheless, the thickness of my mattress with topper is safely within the 15 inches but the sheet does not tuck in on one side. So I took off one star for the fitted sheet.

Since there are many variables in manufacturing nowadays, it's possible that I received a mis-cut sheet but it's too late to exchange.

So I will recommend the sheet set with one caveat: Make sure the fitted sheet fits properly and return the sheets if it doesn't.

UPDATE 06/02/2013: I found my memory foam topper to be uncomfortable so I removed it. The fitted sheet fits the 12-inch mattress perfectly but if the mattress was even 1/2 to 1 inch thicker, this sheet would not fit properly.
review image
on November 14, 2013
Color Name: Italian RoastSize Name: KingVerified Purchase
I was so excited to get these sheets. When they came I washed them and put them on the bed. The first few nights were WONDERFUL. Soft and oh so warm. But then the pilling started. My husband and I both noticed that we were trailing little fiber balls from our bed throughout the rest of the house. I washed the sheets again and the pilling started right away. I now have to vacuum our bedroom every other day to keep from trailing the fibers around the house. I am so disappointed. These are expensive sheets and to have them pill like this is NOT OK.
on July 14, 2009
Color Name: ChamoisSize Name: QueenVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Living in Minnesota I have become a flannel sheet connoisseur and have always purchased high end flannel because the lighter weight inexpensive sheets are a waste of money; they loose their softness and nap right away. These are quality sheets that are so soft and luxurious, just great to snuggle into. I appreciate that they are napped on both sides and have an extra deep 4" hem on the top sheet and pillow cases. The nap is tighter woven than most flannel, very felt like. The sheets have a good weight to them but are still very comfortable for summer use. They wash beautifully and have not pilled at all. The large pocket is designed for deeper mattresses but still do not slip on my more standard depth mattress. I think they are a great value and will definitely purchase more of these sets.
I have been used to seeing flannel weights in ounces per square yard so the 190 grams per square meter mystified me until my husband who is much better at math converted it to 5.6 oz per square yard. I don't think the picture on the product page accurately represents the color of the sheets. The picture looks tan but the sheets are a typical chamois gold
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations