Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 27, 2006
Cute game for age 5-6 but the problem is there is ALOT of reading, which means you sit with your child and do all the reading. We played for about 2 hours on it, and it's cute blowing bubbles, finding treasures and singing.. I really don't like the singing it's hard to get the notes and you have to, to move on. You put the face to the mic and stare at the screen to see if you got the correct note and after 3 or 4 times your getting a headache from being cross eyed looking to see if you got the right note. If your child just LOVES ariel, it's cute, but find it used so you don't spend alot of money on it, you'll be sitting with her for awhile until she memorizes the different things you do.
on January 9, 2007
There is just too much reading for a 5 year old to play this game. And the tasks are quite difficult to understand and complete. My daughter who loves anything Disney put this game down and hasn't picked it up since Christmas day. Disappointed. The reading level is appropriate for a 2nd or 3rd grader.
on March 23, 2016
This game is a good game for a older child the game has lots of fun activities to do the pictures are amazing the singing is fun to hear and it gives good instructions on how to do what on this game..
review image
on January 27, 2013
I gave it three stars because when I got the game it is in spanish. When I went back and read the description and the back of my game it said it was in English. My daughter can still play it and I opted to keep it to avoid the hassle of sending it back. Be careful buying this product.
on December 10, 2015
I got this for my 8 year old , she was really excited when she got it , but lost interest after only a few hours . I think it's a little boring for older kids but would probably be too difficult for younger ones .
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2008
Not worth the $. It's cute, my daughter love princesses, but the reading - it's just too much - no matter how old you are. Even tried to shorten it for my daughter, but I got tired of reading it myself. So it's turned to just a treasure hunt.

The other aspect I do not like at all is that you have to "sing" to open the chests - so can't play it quietly. It's not as easy to get the right notes either. There is no way to bypass that, or any other option to open the chests. So stuck trying to 'sing' their notes, very annoying.

The plus side, My daughter really enjoys cleaning and polishing the treasures that are dug up. Also, when you go into her little cave, and put the treasures in the big 'magic' ball it shows fast mini clips of the movie. Each item gives you a different piece of the movie, and it's a few minutes of enjoyment there.
Too bad they are very short, and more reading is envolved in that.
It's not a game that will last very long, and am disappointed with it.
on March 1, 2014
I purchased this as a birthday gift for my daughter. This is rated as "E," yet it's not. Although my daughter (6 years old) can read, she still struggles with some of the words. It's hard for her to get through the quests/games without adult help.
on August 27, 2008
I would not recommend this game. My daughter has trouble reading the small print even though she is 7.5 yrs old and my 3 yr old can't read it at all. The screen is constantly popping up with more stuff to read. Sometimes you have to click four or five times just to get past all of the reading. All of my three girls hate this game. There are just much better options out there for children's games--some even in the price range of this game.
on October 18, 2006
I was so excited when i got this game that i played it for an hour after i got it. It seemed cool but there wasnt enough things to do. All u do is find treasure (there isn't many)and from seeing the movie u would think she found lots of "human treasures". But really u only find like 10. I thought it was the whole story line of the movie but all u do is help your friends by doing things for them. You need to get 5 stones to open the reef door and when u open it u would think that it leads u to another part of the story. There is no ursula except at the end when u see her tentacles, no eric, no nothing. When u open the door the game just ends and shows the credits. I beat the game in 2 hours! I played it the day i got it when i got home and the next day after work and it just ENDED! I was so disappointed because I spent $30 on a game that had no story line or anything. It had nothing to do with the movie at all! I got sims 2 for $20 and that lasted a couple weeks or more than that. I was playing it all day everyday and it took me 2 weeks to beat it. But u can still continue to play it even after u beat it. On this game there is NOTHING you can do afterwards and it ends really suddle. I was PISSED. I definately advise you to not get this game if you like games to last a while and if your expecting it to be like the movie.
DEFINATELY NOT WORTH THE PRICE AT ALL
on March 5, 2012
my daughter is 5. She loves playing her DS. She likes the game but it is a little hard for her. She plays for about 20min or so and gets frustrated and tried again another day or later on. I'd say if she was a year or two older it would be a breeze for her!