Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pacific Play Tents Cottage House Tent #60600
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 58 Inch|Change

on March 18, 2014
This is by far the best Playhouse that is also portable and made/designed for outdoor use. Assembly is a piece of cake with clear detailed instructions...even my wife has no problems assembling it and the kids love to help out, seriously, it's almost like a (easy)Erector Set, one day we took it apart and put it back together FIVE times just because the kids liked to help out doing it - assembling it is almost a toy/game of itself! When assembled it's very, very sturdy as you can run into it, jump onto it from the couch, cats trying to escape from the inside of it, nothing will bring it down and if it does, won't break it. Fabric is super-high quality, think Nylon material used in higher quality outdoor camping tents (yes, it's that good) It's very resistant to marker or crayon and easily cleanable with a wash rag. The graphics are professional looking and very detailed so we don't mind looking at it smack in the middle of our living room. Speaking of smack in the middle of our living room, this thing is BIG (which is what we and our girls love about it) at 58"x58"x48" please make sure to measure to get an idea of the size as it may be overwhelming for certain rooms. We got lucky as it fits in our 3 year olds bedroom as well because sometimes we have sleep-overs myself, my wife, and our two girls fit comfortably in it, we've also had a few "Camping Nights" in our living room where we lite a fire in the fireplace, have smores', and watch a movie (very cool). We are also able to easily fit a child's size table with chairs for tea parties and pillows off to the side to read books. For outdoor use the fabric is water resistant to protect against showers, the two non-sloped roof sides have large openings coved with mesh and the windows all have roll down fabric shades. When broken down it's ultra portable (about the size if a bagged fold-out chair except a little shorter) so we are able to bring it down to our shore house and are even able to set it up on the beach on a calm, non-windy day (be absolutely sure to spike it in the sand or it will blow away!). This is by far one of the best investments we have made when it comes to toys or whatever you want to call it. Absolutely invaluable! Enjoy having new adventures with your children:)
review image
11 comment|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2007
This is so adorable -- I got the play tent as an alternative to a hard plastic outdoor playhouse, and I'm really glad I did. Not only is it SO much cheaper, you can play with it inside (it's quite large, so you need lots of room) or outside. It's really easy to set up and assembles in less than five minutes. My 2-1/2 year old daughter loves it -- we eat, play, read books in it -- she even brought her potty inside!

p.s. Order it from Target -- it arrived in just a few days. I had originally ordered it from a smaller company and after two weeks without even receiving a tracking number (they had told me it shipped!) I learned that it was on "backorder." I cancelled my order with them and purchased it from Target.
on December 31, 2008
When it arrived, I was surprised to see how light the package is. Only a
small bag of poles and one sheet. I was a bit skeptical. But turns out I
was wrong. Setting up couldn't be easier. Even kids can do it. All poles
are painted with different colors, making it so easy to identify which
one goes where. Then you just throw the sheet on and you are done. Took
me 2 minutes.

The size is huge for a kid. There was one time My daughter, her mom and
I all get into the house without any difficulties.

The quality of the house seems to be ok. A friend of mine brought her
naughty boys over one day, they climbed out of the house
**through widnow" rather than the door, but the tent holds ok.

Now my daughter sleeps inside it every night.

Only wishes the house is a bit longer, so even an adult can sleep inside
for an entire night.
on September 19, 2012
My daughter just turned 6 and this was her bday present. She absolutely loves it. She is so happy with it and I am happy with it. It came in a timely manner it was packed nicely, and the material is very durable. We opened it expecting for it not to be as big as it was though. I do suggest that you have enough space for this tent if you are putting it in your house (we got it for her playroom). If it is going outside even better!! But I must say I am very happy with the money we spent on this item!! It is worth it. She used it the same night she got it for her bday slumber party and all 4 girls fit in it laying down comfortably.
review image
on January 10, 2008
2008 purchase. This is the perfect playhouse for a Play Room or Basement. It goes together in about 5-10 minutes with those elestic poles like outdoor tents use, and is easy to take down or relocate when needed. She opens and closes the windows and the door. We put her Little Tikes Kitchen and Vanity inside for her and her picnic table next to her car "parked" outside. She has a ball getting dressed up or cooking in there. It's great.

2012 Update: This playhouse is still going strong and she still plays with it. I have been very pleased that nothing on it has worn out. All the velcro closures for the windows are still in great shape and the door zipper too. I keep it wrapped up in a plastic trash bag when not in use. I wrote which colored poles are for walls, roof, etc. so I know how to put it together again next time.
on February 3, 2014
I wanted it to for my younger niece's birthday who was turning four and at the same time I wanted it to be big enough to accommodate her older sister who is 8. The tent fit the criteria well. The quality is excellent and it was very easy to assemble. Kids simply love it and take it in the garage, backyard and do picnics. I would highly recommend.
on December 25, 2009
I bought another play tent but it was so small. When I set this tent up Christmas Eve, I was not disappointed. Set up was easy, taking about 10 minutes. This play tent is huge and allows for room to play. My daughter loves it. I can see that its light weight may tip over outside on a windy day. But easy fix, use real tent pegs to hold it in place. I would absolutely recommend this tent because of its size, play space, easy of set up, low price, the fact it can be moved or taken apart easily, and colorful graphics on tent material.
on January 14, 2014
I purchased the Play tent so my 2 granddaughters would have a unsupervised indoor play area. When they saw it next to the christmas tree, they were in awe. They love it. Just want to say that if you put in outside, make sure you stake it in the ground because it moves when the kids get in and out of it. We put two inflatable kids chairs and a kid's table in it. It is very large.
on January 13, 2014
She was excited while we assembled it, and loved it from the minute it was up. She's two and not yet into playing house, but she runs in there with her pillow to pretend nap, takes toys in to store them, runs in and out playing hide and seek, and letting sisters in only with her permission. It was easy to set up, and easy to move in and out of the way (it does take up a lot of space). We are going to cut a mat to use for a floor so she can play outside when the weather warms up.
on May 18, 2011
We bought this play tent for our 3 year old for her birthday in May. We decided to get the tent play house as opposed to a plastic house. The only problem we have encountered which I don't recall reading about in reviews, is the front door zipper. Every child who has gone into or exited the house so far has got her hair caught in the zipper, to the point that an adult needs to come over and try to get them free. Hair seems to be able to get looped through the zipper.This wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me by any means, I just have to keep reminding the kids to bend low as they enter or exit the house to avoid hair being caught (and then tears). I'm not sure what could be done to fix this problem.

Otherwise this is a great product and I think a much better alternative to the plastic play houses. Another great feature is it is easy to assemble and we may bring it in during the winter months and set it up in our play room.