Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Joe Bonamassa All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Halloween

on August 23, 2007
This the THE watch that put Invicta on the map. Styled after the Rolex Submariner, the 8926 has a very solid feel to it.

Mechanical watches can cost thousands of dollars and need to be serviced every 2-3 years. They have to be either worn daily, stored on a watch winder, or hand-wound lest they stop ticking and have to be re-set. Even with due diligence, premium timepieces have to be manually adjusted every month because they will run a couple of minutes fast or slow. Are you willing to put up with this just to own "a work of art?" That is the big question someone with a casual (or fleeting) interest must ask themselves. But at Invicta's price point, this is a perfect way to find out.

Ironically, mechanical watches are a joy to wear because of their complications. The back case is covered by a mineral crystal, so you can actually see the inner workings. The second hand sweeps around the dial, which I think is more elegant than a quartz movement. The aesthetic quality is the main selling point. We are really talking about men's jewelry here folks. With clocks, cell phones, tv and the like, it is not hard to find out the correct time. So to me, a mechanical watch is worth the idiosyncrasies. Buy the Invicta and wear it for a couple of years. This way, when your are ready to drop $2500 on an Omega, $5000 on the Rolex, or $100,000 on a Patek Philippe, at least you will have an idea of what you have gotten yourself into.
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 6, 2014
If you are looking for a solid automatic timepiece with an homage to the wonderful Rolex Submariner, and have less than $100 to spend, then look no further than the Invicta 8926ob. The version that Amazon is now selling is the version 2 which has the TMI NH35A 24 jewel automatic Seiko Japanese movement with hacking (the ability to stop the second hand), manual winding AND auto-winding, a screw-down crown, a date window with cyclops on the crystal and a nice if somewhat stubborn to move bezel. You also get a nicely sized window back so you can view the movement in action. All nice touches. The second hand sweeps reasonably smooth and mine has been accurate to +/- 5 to 8 seconds a day. Certainly a quartz watch (just about ANY quartz watch) will ultimately be more accurate than ANY automatic movement, but there truly is something wonderful about having a real self-driven, perpetual machine on your wrist. It is hard to describe, but it has been true in my case. For the dollar, this is one sweet watch. Oh... rated to 200 meters water resistance. Pretty respectable although I have not confirmed if this is accurate or not.

Ok... so what's not to like? Mind you, these are essentially just nit picks...

1. The bracelet, while nice looking, is nothing to write home about. It works just fine but you can tell this is where Invicta saved some beans. Some folks may never care, as it is a decent looking band that does the job, but to me it is a bit "lightweight" and does not quite live up to the quality of the actual watch. I would not hesitate to spend an additional $35 to $50 for a real oyster style band with solid end links and a bit more robust look. Either way, it is hardly a deal breaker because this watch sells for less than $100 which is amazing, considering the over-all quality.

2. Invicta couldn't help themselves and had to engrave their name into the non-crown side of the watch. Some people may like this. I personally hate it. Again, not a deal-breaker in any way, but I certainly would have preferred they had not. At least it doesn't call too much attention to itself on initial inspection.

3. The lume is just OK, nothing more. Yes, if you light it with a high-powered LED flashlight for a minute and then go stand in a dark room it will glow furiously, but give it 10-minutes and that glow will dwindle down significantly. At least is illuminates properly in that the hour markers, the second, minute and hour hands glow evenly, so that is a plus. Just wish it was better in this regard (ummm like a true Rolex or Omega, etc), but again, something had to give at this price point and in all honestly, we're talking about a really nice looking watch with a reliable Japanese automatic movement for less than $100.

4. Invicta has sadly earned a bad reputation for very poor customer service. I have not had to deal with this personally, but I have read horror stories. This makes purchasing from a dealer like Amazon extremely appealing as their return policy is golden. Having said that, the 8926 has been one of the great successes for Invicta. It is an iconic time piece for them and I'm pretty sure the one you'll receive will be spot-on.

So to sum things up:

Great watch. Looks and performs far more expensive than it is. It is very comfortable to wear. Keeps accurate time. Fools some people into thinking you're sporting a Rolex - don't kid yourself though, this is NOT a Rolex - but at the very least, it can make for some fun comparison if you run into someone sporting an actual Submariner. The watch looks great dressed up or casual. Probably the perfect daily beater. If you like the look, I say go for it.
review image review image review image review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 27, 2009
Purchased this item in February, 2009. Was enchanted with its appearance, price was good and thought an automatic watch might be fun instead of same old quartz. Not quite six months later, however, even after careful handling, could adjust neither the time nor the date. Attempts to contact The Invicta Watch Group to take advantage of my Platinum Warranty Plan for repair had been futile. They answered the phone after numerous rings but banished me to "no contact land," and considered my few emails as spam. Sure, the watch, band and even the packaging are beautiful (hence, two stars) but those attributes are apparently only skin deep. After contacting Amazon regarding this situation and requesting escalation of this issue, an especially helpful Amazon representative granted my return request for a full refund.

Perhaps I simply received a lemon, I don't know. But the last time I checked The Invicta Watch Group's Better Business Bureau rating, it was "F." So beware.

Felt I owed this to both prospective buyers and the Amazon staff.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 29, 2006
This is one of the best watches you can buy for $135. Distintive and solid stainless steel bracelet with an extension. Automatic Japanese Miyota Cal. 8215-2 movement. Mineral crystal with cyclop feature. Water resistance to 200 meters or 660 feet. The bezel (coin edge type) reminds me of the more expensive Rolex Submariner. It has a nice grip and it seats quiet tight. This model is available with the more traditional Invicta bezel at lower price. As a whole, this watch represents value all over. This is the watch that made aficionados world wide think about the real cost of Rolex watches. Are you paying for status symbol or quality? For a genuine Rolex watch, 85% of the value lies in the name. So why buy an Invicta Rolex look-alike? You get the best of both worlds. You get a quality product with an expensive look, but doesn't cost you much. And you also get the value associated with that particular brand name. Invicta has done a terrific job in that it is probably one of the best value deals you will find. It has the Rolex look but with a very small price tag. And the name Invicta also adds value to the watch. People have come to known Invicta as a quality brand with very affordable prices.

77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 30, 2007
Why should you buy this watch? Well, you could just like watches, or a diver.
However, you don't have to be a "pro-diver" to use one of these watches. I've worn these types of watches for more than 25 years and have done little more than dive on coral 15-20 feet down. These watches last.
Invicta's 8926OB (for Original Bezel) is almost a duplicate of a Rolex Sea Master. So much so, Rolex threatened legal action unless parts were changed. The Rolex timepiece will probably last longer, but at $3,000 it should. The Invicta is a working man's (woman's) watch. Mine keeps good time and I rarely adjust it. It's an automatic movement watch -- not a quartz watch.
That means it is a self-winding watch. And that's fine. I doubt anybody reading this needs a hyper-precise watch for everyday life. We all like to think of ourselves as underwater demo team members or 21st Century 007s, but that's not the case.
Probably one of the benefits of Invicta is its presentation. The watch comes in an attractive case, and it has a polishing cloth. It practically blinds you with its silver bracelet.
There are drawbacks though. Every Invicta watch I've got has a delicate crown and stem. The crown also winds the watch, like normal, but when you move it out to the other settings then you REALLY have to be careful opening it. Delicately pop it out to the A or B setting. The first, or A, setting is for changing the date. The second, or B, setting is to move the hands.
The crown screws down and is secure. So, you don't have to worry about it snagging anything.
Just a note on the Original Bezel versus the newer 8296 scalloped, or Omega type, bezel: It's sort of a coin edge, and, to me, it is easier to turn. The scalloped type requires too much pressure and over a few weeks of use it starts to feel like it is wearing out.
I use mine to measure elapsed time for exercise and other events. It's not 100-percent precise like a chronograph, but gives me what I need.
Just to recap, this would make a good, inexpensive, gift that definitely looks like it is more of an investment than it is.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 10, 2012
Update 1/4/2013 ... I asked my nephew at Christmas (four months after giving it as a birthday present) how it was working. "Perfectly" was his response. He's a real outdoors guy who loves to fish. I assume the watch has got wet a lot. No problems whatsoever.

I ordered two Invicta 8932's and was quite impressed with them - that is, until I ordered this watch the "8926OB". The 8926OB really looks like the Rolex Submariner without trying to be an outright copy. Personally, I dislike trying to fool people and so I don't mind if it says "Invicta" on the side. This watch is trying to look like a Rolex, but NOT be one.

Aesthetically, the $85 8926OB automatic is larger in the case width and the band width than the $50 younger borther 8932 quartz available on Amazon. The 8926OB looks more impressive and Rolex-like with coin edge. I also felt the automatic movement was more impressive than the quartz of the cheaper "8932". As an added benefit of the auto movement, it does not need batteries. I was giving these as gifts, so I felt great knowing that the battery was not going to run out in a month. Not so sure on the battery powered quartz ones.

The 8926OB is heavier than the smaller 8932. I actually preferred the lighter watch, but this was a gift and my nephew liked the heavy weight of the larger watch.

Lastly, I sized these watches myself and it was easy to do - provided you have the proper tools. You really only need a sharp nail and a hammer if you're careful. But sizing these for my gift recipients saved them $10 - $20 if they had to take it to a watch store.

In summary, this is a great watch for the $85 I paid. I told the person I gave this to to avoid water and to wear it as jewelry but not depend on its claims of water proofing - if they wanted it to last.
review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 17, 2009
2 months ago I purchased the Invicta gold 8930 and really liked it. I got hooked on Invictas. Then a man I do business with showed me his Rolex Submariner, proud of it, for only $5000. Well, I love the look but not the price. I looked at the Invictas on Amazon and found almost an exact duplicate, the 8926-C (coin bezel) for under $90. I have been wearing it constantly for a month now and really like it. It runs about 4 min. fast a month but that's not a big deal to adjust it. I understand that will settle down to a smaller amount over time. The watch looks great, and almost exactly like the R@lex Submariner, and occasionally someone with a Real Rolex will compliment me and ask what year my Rolex is. The construction, materials and workmanship seem excellent, but then it's only been a month. I will update if any problems. Oh yes, buy the $39 watch winder listed on Amazon to keep your watch wound when not wearing it for a day or longer.

Update April 19, 2009 I have now had this watch about 7 months and wear it almost daily. I continue to be very pleased with it. The longer I wear it, the more accurate it gets. It perhaps gains 2 minutes a month, not a problem. I would buy it again.

Update December 16, 2011 I have now had this watch for 25 months and love it. I wear it 6 days a week and it runs and looks great. There are some small scuff marks on the clasp from my wrist hitting my desk much of the day, but that can be buffed out. It is nice to have to worry about batteries. I also have the Invicta Gold 8930 and it still works well also. Very pleased.

Update November 2013 I have now owned this Invicta watch for Four years and wear it at least 6 days a week. It operates very well, gaining perhaps 2-3 minutes a month, no big deal and actually helps me be on time for meetings. It is nice not having to replace batteries. I may need to polish the band a bit, especially the clasp, but the crystal looks fine. The $39 Winder I purchased only lasted about a year and died. My Gold Invicta 8930 still works well also and looks very nice.

Update November 25, 2014, I have now owned this watch 5 years and love it. I wear it 6 days a week. It runs very well and still looks great. The bracelet clasp could use some buffing but otherwise it is excellent and I receive many compliments, including from Rolex owners when they ask "hey, what year is your Rolex?" Sometimes I tell them, sometimes I just say, "Oh, it's just a few years old". Great watch. If in doubt, buy it. It is wonderful to not have to buy batteries. I'm a fan!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 30, 2012
After 21 months of ownership and really loving the Invicta Men's 8926C Pro Diver watch, here is what I can report on it:
- Crown no longer stays closed
- Bezel timer ring fell off
- Watch was about 1 minute fast daily
- Date bubble is cracked, crystal needs cleaning on inside.

To send the watch in for warranty, you must send it insured, and enclose a $28.00 check for shipping and handling. So I did that.
After 20 days, I emailed them to see if they got it. They sent me a reply stating the repair will cost $52.65! I see now the warranty excludes `regular wear and tear', which is what they saw my problems as. OK...the repair will cost $28 plus $52.65 is $80.65, which is more than I paid for the watch! On Amazon, I can still buy the watch for about the same cost as the repair. So Let's just have them keep the watch and not cash my check.
July 30, 2012 - Called Invicta. No dice. They will only cash my $28 check, and mail me the watch back, even if I do not want the repair done! So, I was stuck having to spend $28 (Plus the $5.15 it cost me to ship it insured to them). By their tactic, the only thing that made sense was to spend the extra $52.65 to get the watch repaired. Now to add insult to injury, it takes up to 90 days to get the repaired watch back!!! For less money, I could buy another watch and have it right away. Sorry I sent it to Invicta.
Now I have to wait up to 90 days to get my old watch back, and it is costing me more than buying a new one right away! This ends up doubling my cost of the watch in less than two years.
Too bad the warranty is such a poor deal, because it really is a nice watch. In fact, while traveling abroad, a customs agent asked to see the clasp (With the invicta brand on it), because he suspected I had bought a Rolex on my trip!

Update on this watch...From first sending Invicta the watch to getting it back was over 5 months! Watch received 11/13/2012 in like-new condition, and arrived keeping excellent time, much better than the 1 min/day fast it was before. Total repair cost $85.80 and 155 days without a watch. My total 2-yr watch cost is now $163.60 (new cost of $77.50 plus the repair). Again, be warned...You may be better off to just buy a new watch than send it to Invicta on warranty. They must make more money in their repair area than by selling the watch new.

Invicta warranty pricing (First you must ship it to them insured and pay $28 for their shipping): New Condition-0.00, New Crystal-$18.90, Crown Only-18.00, Complete Bezel-15.75

8/21/2014 Update on this watch - The Bezel timer ring fell off again! (It was merely glued on by Invicta), Watch is about 30 seconds slow daily. After 3 1/2 years of ownership, it still works, and is still a nice watch. I will not send it in to Invicta. I called Invicta, and for $16.00 they mailed me a complete Bezel timer ring, scallop-type (even though this watch is coin-edge), and the two spring wires to hold it in place. Now, to figure out how to install the new part...
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 15, 2014
After having heard so many negative things about Invicta, the need to research the product , the 8926OB Pro Diver in this case, was very positive indeed. So, as the Amazon video rotates the watch, I notice what looks like a Seiko rotor and quick research informs me that it is an NH35a, the generic version of a Seiko 4R35 which is a movement I've wanted to own for a while now. At that point, I'm on this thing like a fat kid on a Snickers. For $80.00, I'll take my chances.

We'll start with the packaging. The item was received very well padded and safe, no damage. The Invicta display box is substantial and the color yellow which needs a volume knob, but hey, it's well padded, has a place for the watch, warranty card, manual, and less a few glue spatters is quite nice. It seems as though many watch makers, high and low end, over do the box. Embrace it. The bright side is that you'll never lose it. That's for sure.

The bracelet, at this price point, is what would be expected. The unit I received had no flaws, was well protected, and adjusted easily. The end links are stamped, not solid. The adjustment is made by driven pin, not screws. The fit between the links is close as to not allow sag and rattle. The polished and brushed finish is crisp and clean. All in all, it is a decent commercial grade bracelet. Like it, hate it, it is what it is. I went leather in 30 minutes.

The watch head under the loop: The dial and hands are completely free of dust and clean, as is the rehaut (inner bezel). The date window is aligned properly with adequate magnification. Flip it over and the movement exhibits a very clean assembly and a quasi Geneva striped rotor. With the exception of the top of the lugs, the case, even between the lugs, is polished quite well yet slight striations are visible that are to be expected with a commercial polish at this price point. The tops of the lugs are very nicely brushed and uniform. The painted bezel is crisp and clean and presents well. The bezel seats positively as it is rotated and lines up well with 12:00. The signed screw down crown's threads have a smooth feel, engage the gasket early enough to (probably) insure a tight seal. The watch is 6X signed: case, case back, movement, crown, dial, and bracelet. Maybe seven if you count the logo on the sweep. Over kill, but cool.

Let's get to the movement. The NH35a is apparently the "generic" version of the Seiko 4r35. The date only version of the 4R series. The movement is automatic and hand winds, hacks (stop feature) , has 24 jewels, hours, minutes, seconds, and date. If you are a reasonably active individual, the automatic winding system is more than adequate to keep the mainspring wound enough to insure proper operation. If your a video head or couch potato, go quartz. The magic wheel system is very efficient, but you still have to move. The power reserve on my unit came in at 41 hours and 37 minutes. I was going to list the tech data I came up with from the rate timer, it's too dry so I'll just give the readers digest version for the watch folks out there. These values are taken at one hour from full wind. The beat error is 0.6 - 1.4 ms through six positions. The positional rate varied from +/- 0 to -6 s/d. At 14 hours off of full wind, the beat error was 1.2 - 1.6 ms through six positions and the positional rate varied +2 s/d to - 5s/d. The watch has a stable loss average of -2.9 s/d crown up on night stand. This movement can easily be regulated to much tighter specs, but I'm going to run it in for another two to four weeks and see how it settles.

At $80.00, I have no complaints. The tech who did the final assembly on this unit had a very good day. Unless there is a catastrophic failure due to me being an idiot or an internal failure of the movement, this thing should last for years. As with anything, reasonable care needs to be taken, things slip through QC, accidents happen, blah, blah, blah. As for this watch, I got a good one.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 28, 2014
I purchased this watch because I travel to places where it is not a good idea to wear my Rolex and I really like the way it looks.

As you can see in the pics, I replaced the stainless steel bracelet and looks even better.

It is too soon to say anything about reliability and I know some people say it will lose or gain a couple of minutes a month; however, if that is the case, it will not be a problem for me as that comes with every automatic watch, including the expensive brand names.
review image review image review image
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...