Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Item Package Quantity: 1Change
Price:$0.25 - $29.99

on November 18, 2009
Was looking for a chalkboard eraser to use on our chalkboard-painted wall. Was surprised to find it was so hard to find chalkboard-specific erasers (not a dry-marker eraser). Apparently this eraser can be used for chalk and dry-erase markers, but I find that it does a pretty good job erasing chalk. I started with a Rose Art eraser, which pretty much smeared the chalk, while the Melissa & Doug eraser seems to "pick-up" the chalk a bit more. I was hoping for a more grooved eraser-this one is a flush felt marker that has rows of felt glued to the wood handle (it's not like a traditional dry-marker eraser with one "carpet" layer of felt), which must account for its ability to "lift" the chalk off the board rather than just smearing it around. Anyway, if you have painted a wall in your house with chalkboard paint (specifically a drywall wall), this will work a lot better than the Rose Art eraser, but you'll still need to wet-wipe your board at the end of the day.
0Comment36 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2009
It erases chalk perfectly on a real chalk board, but not so well on the chalk board paint. It's a nice eraser.
22 comments24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2008
It was impossible to find a chalk board eraser at local stores. This one is well made, appears to be durable (we've had it for a few months), and works great!
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2011
It's a nice eraser, but I found that 1 eraser was not enough for 2 kids. While out, I found erasers in the dry erase board section along with markers, etc. for only 89 cents and it works just as well on chalkboards. I have had both for 5 years and I can't say that we favor one over the other, so, if you really can't find an eraser out, this one is fine, but otherwise, save your money.
0Comment28 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2010
Just what I was expecting and needing for my whiteboard. I didn't realize that it was the same as the chalkboard eraser. It works for either surface.
on November 4, 2008
It's an eraser... actually a seemingly well made one. I have only had it for a few weeks but it appears to have the potential to hold up well.
on January 20, 2012
Does the job and erases like you would expect it to. My little one loves to use his chalkboard and promptly erase his work. This is just like the ones you remember from elementary school.
on June 22, 2009
I have purchased many of Melissa and Doug's products since my daughter was born in 2006. This chalk brush I am not very impressed with. It doesn't take the chalk off the board all that well. It leaves behind an image of what you have written/drawn on the board and the chalk seems to fall more on the ground than it does stick in the brush. Maybe these issues are because it is new but I don't ever remember having to 'break in' a chalk brush. At this point I can't say I would recommend this product.
33 comments6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2009
My daughter had been looking for a "real" chalkboard eraser for our grandson and kept finding same of not-good quality. Finally, I came across this on Amazon and she's so pleased to have a good-quality eraser that will last.
on December 29, 2012
This product looks nice, appears to be well crafted, but it does not erase. Ok, it ever-so-slightly fades the chalk marks, but nothing gets erased without some SERIOUS rubbing, and even then, the marks are not completely gone. A sock does a better job. I'd like to see a teacher use this eraser and then say it works fine. Perhaps it would work better with a dry erase board.

I am a huge fan of melissa and doug, but I will be searching for a new eraser.