Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 30, 2008
Great toy---almost magical---in ideal conditions. My daughter loved, I mean LOVED it inside on our ceramic tile floor. Our almost smooth driveway was also some fun. Our asphalt culdesac and quiet street were a disaster. She was VERY disappointed that the thing barely moved on the street. The closer you can get to glass to ride this thing on the better. But even our slightly "pebbly rough" street is way too much for it. You would easily have thought it would have been fine! If I knew this ahead of time, I probably wouldn't have bought it. We will have to drive somewhere just to use it outside other than our short steeper driveway. Consider where you have a VERY smooth surface, an area recently paved or recoated at least, before you buy. When it works (5+ stars)---it's great, when it doesn't it's just a big dissappointment (0- stars).
44 comments| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2012
I got this less than a year ago and the steering wheel has come off. I contacted the manufacturer, PlasmaCar and asked for a part. It turns out this is NOT their product. It is NOT AN AUTHENTIC PLASMACAR!!! Amazon said their return policy is 30 days of purchase. I can't believe Amazon tried to pass off a counterfeit product for the real one!!! I'm soooo upset.
on August 16, 2006
Ok - so I bought this for our toddler's birthday thinking he would benefit from a foot-tangle-free mode of transporation. he likes it well enough - BUT - lets just say that EVERY ADULT (and just about every older kid) who comes to visit cant help themselves and must TRY it out for themselves! This is a fun and fascinating toy! Everyone has so much fun on it that they can't help ourselves from hopping on and enjoying the uniqueness of it. Strange yet approachable - fun, durable and easy to operate for anyone up to like 220 pounds! I bought a second one so we can have PlasmaCar races! As for the toddler in our family - it sometimes frustrates him because he is used to other ride on toys which require use of one's feet to move around. He basically uses his feet on it - and does pretty well - and occasionally discovers the movement generated by the steering wheel action. All in all he can use it with his feet without tipping over - he just stalls every once in a while - however - everytime we take it out - he is right on it and taking it for a spin. I must say that to truly enjoy it is needs a good piece of space - and not meaning a living room with the coffee table set aside - you need a driveway or other open area. It is best on a smoother surface (black top, concrete, indoor flooring) to get the most out of it. All in all - a great toy - fun to learn to master and a delight to use after that! Kids like it too - though in our home it is more of a social toy rather than a mode of transportation. (ie it is not a tricycle but more like a pogo stick) FUN TO HAVE! So if you are looking for a special toy - this is it!
on February 26, 2007
I bought a pair of these for 2.5 year olds. They figured them out quickly and love to play with them. And if parents weigh less than 200 pounds, buy extras so you can ride too. They are addictive. One warning, they do not run well on rough or soft flooring. Even vinyl flooring has too much resistance. Hardwood flooring is good, but once they are outside, the grit from the outside can hurt your flooring so make sure you keep the wheels clean if you use it indoors. I plan to try on a tennis court. Really well made and nearly indestructable. Can be ridden in tight space. You can turn on a dime (better than a dime) go backwards and just spin around in a circle. Really fun toy.
on July 25, 2013
We love plasma cars, they are so fun to ride, and even tiny kids can ride them, I'd say 2 and up. We had two, and the front wheels on both broke within the year. We contacted the company, and they asked for various serial numbers and then never got back to us, even after I followed up several times. We have friends who had similar problems. I don't know if it's that they became popular very fast, and had to scale up their production and lost quality control, but the toys aren't very well made and don't last long. Our kids were tiny when we bought them, so it's not like they either exceeded the weight limits (well, honestly, neither do I, the weight limit is quite high), or that we rode them hard, like I've seen bigger kids do. We are very disappointed, as they are serious fun, but now broken. We don't want to buy new ones given our experience with their fragility and the problems with customer service.
on January 26, 2008
This is such a fun toy. Our 2 ½ year old received one for Christmas and really likes it. The motion for getting it to go seems even easier for her than pedaling a tricycle and the steering is great. It's so incredibly stable and it moves so well on hard floors. It totally dies on carpet, but that's what you'd expect. Haven't tried it on concrete yet. It's very well constructed and has no corners that damage moldings or cabinets - a nice bouns! If you're going fast and turn hard, the wheels can leave black marks on the floor, but they come right off. If it's as fun outside as inside, we'll get a second one. I gave two stars for educational because getting it to move fast is totally different than any other similar item and takes a little thought.
on February 10, 2014
Arrived with box broken. Wheels were already scuffed as if it had been used. Impossible to assemble steering wheel so it would steer. Frustration, Aaarrgh. Needs WAY WAY WAY better assembly procedure and instructions.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon October 2, 2013
I purchased the Plasmacar for my grandchildren ages 3 1/2 & 2 1/2. I expected them to figure this out quickly, but it took a while for them to get the hang of it. The idea is to rest your feet on the car and move the steering wheel back and forth quickly to get the car to move. It helps to push off with your feet first. It really wasn't as exciting for them as I thought it would be. I was also surprised to see how slow they moved. After a week or so, they did get faster on it, but honestly, they prefer to put their feet on the floor & ride this like a normal riding toy. I waited over a year to buy this for them - so they'd be old enough to use it - and I wasn't overly impressed with it. As a matter of fact, I remember getting my riding toys to move using this same motion. Next time I visit, I'll suggest they use this on their smooth garage floor & update my review with the results.

With a weight limit of 220 lbs., all of the adults tried it too. And that's when we discovered grooves in the hardwood floor. The little ones made grooves too; their grooves weren't as deep & we didn't notice them right away. I think the manual mentioned that this might happen, but I think this important information should be part of the product description.

There's a video on Amazon that proves how much fun this car can be, but none of my family members got the Plasmacar moving as quickly & smoothly as the young girl in the video. If you're interested in viewing the video, I'll post more information in the comment section of my review.

It was easy to put together & using a rubber mallet as suggested definitely helps.

The Plasmacar will work best on a hard, smooth surface. It won't work on carpet or grass.
on December 24, 2015
Came without retail box of any kind, just toy parts wrapped in plastic. Wheels and seat appear scuffed and/or refurbished. Specifically, the wheel (black surface) has what appear to be "melted patch spots" which contain bald spots where the wheel surfacing is missing so the underlying white material is visible.
on July 15, 2016
Seriously my kids love this plasma car! We originally purchased it for our one year old because I saw it on a list for great first birthday presents. It wasn't that great for her, she is a little too little still. But my older children love it...and I do too! It comes unassembled but the assembly requires minimal tools and was very simple. Just follow the directions and you'll figure it out no problem. It has a pretty high weight limit which is nice because mom and dad can join in on the fun too. Since our one year old was too small for it we would just put her on our lap and off we would go. She had a blast and so did we. Problem solved. We didn't purchase the different wheel kit that some reviews were talking about but it is on my wish list and I hope to purchase it in the future. The wheels that come with it work just fine but I'm sure the nicer wheels would just make it that much more fun.