Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mary Carpenter Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

on October 7, 2009
The Nathan 5-LED safety light has bright LEDs. It has good visibility on the road, and all the different modes enables use in different scenarios.
You can have all LEDs ON or all LEDs blinking or One-at-a-time blinking (energy saving mode). With only one LED,s its still bright and visible, and the small time interval between blinking means that it would not be a risk to leave on this mode.
Runs on 2-AAA's included with the product, which is not mentioned in the product description. So no hassle trying to find the correct button cell.
It has a strong clip, which can be tagged to clothing, belt, bag, etc. But no attachment for seat-post.
on May 25, 2010
I bought this strobe for night running and I've used it for a little over a year now. The light itself is good - very bright - but the design compromises its effectiveness. There is no clamp or spring release with which to faster it to your clothing. There's a rigid plastic finger (I guess that's what they mean by "clip-on") on the back with a tooth on it.

In theory (if it was better designed), you'd slip the light over a shirt sleeve, waist band, jacket bottom, etc, and be done. In reality, the design lets the light slide all over the place - significant when you're trying to keep it facing traffic - while at the same time making it hard to remove. I know, sounds contradictory, but trust me - that's the way it works.

In addition, all the bouncing around tends to knock the batteries out of contact and the light goes out at the worst possible times. I've learned to check it frequently while I'm running - a smack with your palm seems to reseat the batteries without having to stop and take it apart. A good spring clamp, with a strong spring, would go a long way to making this work the way it should, but I wouldn't buy it again the way it is now.
44 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2009
I got this light to use while running. I run about 30 miles a week in the morning when it is dark. I bought two of these lights and they both flew off my vest and broke within the first mile. The clip is way too loose. Nathan usually makes quality products, but this isn't one of them.
44 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2009
Has various strobe options from which to pick, and it seems quite bright. I would say this makes it very effective. Gave it to my brother as a gift, who runs at night, and he hasn't been killed yet, so it must be working.
99 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2011
I like all of the different flashing patterns and the lights are very bright.

I used this light to run a ragnar relay race. I clipped it onto my headband facing the rear of me. It worked well for that.

My main complaint is that the clip is not very good. I'd like to use this for other things but haven't found many surfaces that it will clip to and stay on. I couldn't even clip it to the top of the back of my shorts with out it falling off. I still haven't found a place on my back pack to clip it to and my backpack has all sorts of straps and spots where you think it'd clip to.
on July 12, 2008
Great light with many strobing variations. Not as bright as some but bright enough for visibility at a great distance. Small and sturdy. I clip it to my bike or backpack when riding at night. I also keep it with me when going camping. Will buy a few more for an emergency travel kit.
on February 20, 2011
I purchased this light, although not through Amazon. It NEVER worked properly. It turns off at the least amount of jarring. At first, I thought the batteries were not secure. That is not the problem. If you use this for running at night, it is useless. If I could rate it a "0" I would.
on March 3, 2010
Do not buy this! I bought 2 and both will go through a pair of brand name alkaline cells in 2-3 hours in flashing mode. Probably less on continuous. The cost of batteries will far outweigh the inexpensiveness of this light.
on November 5, 2009
It does the job. Very bright, many different flash patterns to choose. Seems well made, affordable, well designed, weather resistant. I've dropped it, and it still works.

The only small complaint I have is with the logic "programming." You have to press the on/off button to cycle through the flash patterns, and once you've got it to the pattern you want, you can't just press the button again after you're done your run or bike, to turn it off. You have to stand there and fiddle with it until you cycle back to 'off.' And if you hit it one too many times, forget about it, you have to cycle all the way back around. With it flashing, it's not always easy to know when you've gotten to the 'off' position. All while you're exhausted and ready to cool off. I have other lights that cycle like this, and they are smart enough to just skip directly to 'off' mode if you press the button after you've had it on for a while. Hopefully the next version of this light will fix that.
on December 29, 2010
Purchased this light for safety while running. Unfortunately the clip is not spring loaded and therefore does not hold. I run with a group and most all of them have a light of some type that is similar to this one. This one was clipped to my shirt collar in the same manner as the rest of the group does with their lights. This light fell off 2 times within the first 3/4 of a mile. The second time it fell off it busted the lens and housing. Good thing we were running on garbage pick up day as this light found its final resting place in someones trash can on the side of the road. Other brand lights that my friends are using stay on just fine. I have even borrowed other lights for a run and they stayed on just fine. Stay away from this one as it will not last.