Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Format: Toy|Change

on May 17, 2012
my 18 month old twins love this toy. I had bought a cheap version before from walmart and the fish and poles fell apart within days. The tolo funtime fishing still has no cracks after being dropped/thrown several time a day! The magnet is strong and the fish are big and colorful.
on May 30, 2011
Bought this for my one year old son's first birthday- he LOVES it! He can quite easily catch the fish and it's great for his eye-hand coordination. My 3 year old daughter loves to play w/ it too, so the toy is often fought over. My only complaint is that it's hard to actually reel up the fish without it falling off the hook- my 3 year old becomes quite frustrated with it, but my one year old can't use the reel yet anyway so isn't bothered. Would definitely recommend over the flat magnetic fishing sets. Price did seem just a tad high, but I would buy again from Amazon since I wasn't able to find the same product in any nearby stores.
on September 24, 2014
I got this as a gift for my nephew for his 1st birthday. He didn't really understand what to do with it at first, but after he got the hang of it he loved it!
PROS:
The magnets lasted a long time and it was great for developing his motor and coordination skills. The little fish were adorable and it was a great novelty item, as it was his first fishing pole.
CONS
The only thing I have bad to say about it is that it was rather more difficult to reel in than I thought an infant's toy would be. In fact, he most just yanks it back up instead of reeling it in. Also, the pole if VERY short, which was great for a 1 yr old, but would probably not be appropriate for a child much older than 2.

Overall I would recommend to others or purchase again!
on July 13, 2012
Fishes have bright colors and attach easily to the fishing rod. My 2yr old son plays with it in the bath tub and outside. Very well built, and fishes are scratch free after several drops on concrete. Easy to drain out water from the fishes after bath time.
on December 29, 2010
My son got this toy for his 1st birthday and has spent the last 3 months playing with it on a daily bases (to be exact, he plays with it several times a day). The toy is just the right size for 1-year old, features vivid colors, and enough features (such as the reel) that challenge him to learn new skill, but aren't frustrating. He uses it in bath and in his play area, and he figured out that the magnet will 'catch' anything metalic and so he keeps catching everything he can including his little pots and pans, tug boats, etc. I was very impressed to see how focused he got on 'catching the fish' -- he is VERY active boy who doesn't like to slow down for a moment, but this toy manages to do just that. All in all, it's a great toy and great value. I feel it also has educational value and i would definitelly buy it again.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 25, 2015
I saw this in a lighting deal and decided to buy it. My daughter is in the older age range for this toy, she is actually 4. She loves her baths though and loves to have toys. I thought it would be a great idea.

I will warn you, this toy is small! I have tiny hands and the reel does not work. Ours does not reel in or out at all. I read that the string is only five inches, ours is more like three. I understand it would be a choking hazard if long but why have a reel on the pole if it does not work? Perhaps I received a defective one but I have read over ten reviews that stated the same so it seems it might be a hit or miss. I was convinced it was a defect and was going to exchange the item out until I read the other reviews that stated the string just hangs there.

Had I had the chance to look at it before, I never would have purchased this. I went solely based on the average review. If you read the one and two stars, I found them very helpful as I am having the same issues.

Save your money and time and find a real bath toy. This sadly is not it.
on January 1, 2016
The magnet works great and our 1- and our 3-year-old kid both like the toy.

BUT:

- The fish are hollow and can be filled up with water, so every other night we get into a small argument with our 3-year-old who wants to take the toy out of the tub, which leaves water drops and small puddles everywhere... Also, after a while the water turned nasty and unfortunately our 1-year-old likes sucking it out of the fish, so we had to put the toy away for good.

- The black eyes of the fish leave black streaks in our tub that look like scratch-marks. The streaks aren't actually damage the tub, but they are really hard to clean off.

If you still want to buy them, make sure you dry them out after every use and don't let your kids drag them across the bath tub surfaces.
on November 26, 2012
My 3 year old son loves this toy! He has had it for about a year and it is still in great condition. There is an unintended consequence with the fishing pole. He likes to try and use it for a helicopter rather than a fishing pole. I have taken the pole away and he still uses the fish. Just wanted other buyers to be aware that if they have more than one sibling in the tub, someone could get hit in the head.
on December 1, 2011
This is a beatifully designed extremely well made toy. It took about a week for our 1 yr old twins to figure out how it works and now they are good little fishermen. They play by themselves or together and it's nice to see them concentrate and carefully do something. I'm very impressed with the quality - far better than the vast majority of plastic toys.
on March 22, 2013
My 1 1/2 yr old son absolutely loves this!!! It's great for bathtime or regular play time!! 5 stars all the way! So much fun for us :) we love it!!