Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on March 30, 2008
Shiny & very handsome; what I always wanted as a kid but never got. However, swiveling doors & mirrors are very flimsy plastic, had to be reworked to open easily & are too delicate for 4 or 5 yr. old. Must yank on truck bed to open. Tires & body sturdy but more suitable for indoor play. Front wheels do not turn so truck has to be skidded around curves. Definitely not for child who likes to ride on or crash his trucks. A bit smaller than advertised: 20" L, 6.75" W, 9" Ht. Too bad it isn't made out of metal.Overall more luxurious than practical.
22 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon April 16, 2011
We have four Bruder construction toys so this review is going to show up in all four places. These are all very well made, lots of details. They are made of plastic and of course could be broken but they were thoughtfully designed and are reasonably durable. The mirrors on the Mack dump truck are probably the weakest item, but if they were to break off the truck would be otherwise functional. Toys break. We took this as an opportunity to try to help our three year old grandson understand that a little care was required if he wanted these to last and he's responded well. So far, nothing's broken on any of them, despite hours of use.

These all have so much intriguing detail that the kids are immediately drawn to them. We have about a hundred buckeye nuts for them to push around and load without making a difficult mess. They all have moving parts that allow them to perform their real world functions. There are detents built in to hold position, so for example with the bulldozer, backhoe and front loader, the blades can be fixed and held in several different positions.

As far as toys go, these are a little pricey but even a three year old understands from the detail that these are different that the coarser, simpler $5 - $10 equivalents. These clearly look like the "real" things. We've all had a lot of fun with these.

They don't tell you anywhere, but if you look in the catalog, the front of this truck has brackets for a snow plow, unfortunately the marginal cost seems high at $20 so we passed. This is a delightfully imposing toy.
55 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2010
Got this for my 4 1/2 yr old and he loves it. Fanastic detail, just like the real thing. Doors open, hood opens and of course it dumps. I was impressed when my son and his 6yr old cousin, ( who breaks everything he touches) started pushing it around the backyard at max speed and it stood the test but when I accidentally dropped a 5 foot 2x4 on it and there wasn't so much as a scratch I was really suprised. We've had it about 4 months and it's been in the sandbox, the dirt pile and up and the driveway a hundred times and still looks and plays great. Bruder makes great toys. Highly recomended
on October 8, 2013
This is our third Bruder truck and I'm still in love with Bruder. There is no question about how good Bruder toys look... just look at the pictures online (may be even youtube videos). There is no better looking toy vehicle brand out there - period. Bruder trucks look the best. One concern that I did have initially was that these trucks may not be very durable. But after watching my son bounce these trucks off the walls just for kicks for last 1 year (and try to ride them and fill them with orange juice and transport it across the living room), I can now safely say that Bruder trucks rock! These trucks are assembled such that every time they take a heavy impact, the individual parts (wheels, doors, loader etc) simply pop off without breaking. Then all you need to do is pop them back in! Voila... good as new. German engineering at its best. I have become a HUGE fan of Bruder and will recommend this for every child.
on August 17, 2013
Great truck. Detailing is superb. Doors open and hood also. There is also a removable sun roof hatch that does not appear in the pictures. Dumping mechanism and gate function well and allow for us (grandson and I) to play for hours. We both really like it.
on August 16, 2013
This is a huge truck. My grandson loves it. He hauls his tractors around inside the dump body. These toys are super and provide a lot of imagination for play time for my grandson. He loves all these Bruder Toys and they are durable and fun for him. This truck is not quite as large as the Mighty Tonka dump truck he also has, but it is plenty big. My floors are filled with these construction type toys from Bruder.
on February 13, 2008
My son got this toy for Christmas. He plays with it all the time. The neatest thing about it is that there are so many other construction toys in the line that share the same detail and scale. My son is 6 and never tires of these (nearly 2 months now).
on June 9, 2015
We try and buy most of our childrens' toys from western countries with fair wage and production laws. When I saw this cute truck from Germany, I thought it would be perfect for my son's fourth birthday. It lasted a week. Small parts began falling off almost immediately, and after a few days larger pieces were breaking in two. This is a beautiful toy, with lots of movable bits, but the quality is really poor. Thankfully the return policy is pretty simple.
on September 20, 2014
I purchased this for my 1.5 year old truck loving son. He's very detail orientated and I knew he'd appreciate all the detailed features of bruder trucks. I chose this one in particular because it doesn't have any particularly delicate details and because he enjoys putting toys inside and pushing them around. And as expected he loves it and plays with it daily. He's not a rough boy but he is very young so he is pretty hard on his toys. Occasionally, I have to intervene and explain to him that it's a special truck but in general he is much more careful with it than his other toys... even a 1.5 yo can appreciate how cool this truck is!
on April 28, 2016
Super sturdy and impeccably detailed. The hood raises, and my grandson likes to pretend he's tinkering with the engine. Made of high quality, heavy plastic - this thing is richly colored and just gorgeous. I prefer the high-gauge plastic as opposed to metal as the heavy, sturdy plastic will not rust in the outdoor sandbox. It can be washed without worries of rusting. My grandson likes to soap it up and play "car wash." I could not be more pleased!!! People who say they "wanted metal" seem to forget the rust issue. This is a beautiful example of classic "German engineering" because who is not sick of the cheap stuff from China? My grandson LOVE, LOVE, LOVES THIS. I will be buying more for him.