Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GYMNIC 7001 Rody Horse Ride on, Orange
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: Orange|Change

on January 31, 2008
Our son has been playing with his Rody since he got it when he was almost 2. He's always been particularly active and he took to it immediately. It's now more than a year and a half later and, while other toys and playthings have gone in and out of fashion, Rody is still his favorite with no sign of waning.

I can't believe how durable this thing is! Our son rides it HARD indoors and out, but Rody can certainly take a licking. It's so great to see a toy last these days.

It's also terrific for stimulating creative play--our son the cowboy has ridden his trusty horse Rody on many an exciting adventure. There was also the barn he built for Rody out of an old box, where Rody slept for a few weeks after we put him to bed each night. And during Christmastime, Rody was a reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh.

And it's incredible exercise too! He just looks like he's having so much fun on it. Our younger son is 16 months and has already started eyeballing Rody and trying to get on it. We'd better get a second one soon to avoid World War III in our house. I really can't recommend this toy enough. It's safe and fun and good for your kid. In these days when it seems that every toy is battery operated and obnoxious, nothing beats Rody for some good, old-fashioned fun. As a parent of 2 young children, and a VERY discriminating toy shopper, I'm delighted to recommend Rody whole-heartedly.
0Comment|160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2009
I was actually given a Rody by a therapist, but I'm buying one for Nana's house too! My daughter (9 mo.) has Down Syndrome and this is a great toy to motivate her balance and work her legs. The ears are great for chewing on. All the kids who come over want to try Rody out, and he holds up to my 4-year-old quite well. I highly suggest it for kids of all abilities.

Hint: Light colors get dirty and don't come clean! I saw a yellow one that looked icky after very little use. I recommend the purple and red.
0Comment|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2006
The great thing about this product is it can expand to fit your child. I didn't blow it up all the way for my younger daughter who is 15 months and it is blown up to the recommended maximum for my three-year-old.

The downside is you have to use an air compressor to blow it up to a good size. If you use a foot pump it doesn't work well.

They really enjoy bouncing up and down and also bouncing them so that they go around the room on them.

I think it teaches them balance and coordination. I know that it is used for special needs children to teach them how to balance.

I think it's a good product. I tend to put them away for a while and when I bring them out they are like a new toy and the kids get all excited again.

See my picture in the images!
review image
11 comment|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2010
I got this toy to take on a winter vacation. With 2 kids (4 & 17 months) who love to bounce (usually on me) I needed something I could put in my luggage, was quiet, and got pent up energy out. When I arrive at our destination Rody was easy to inflate and within minutes the kids were able to bounce away. We were also able to adjust the size of Rody to fit our youngest size by letting air in or out. It was also quiet, aside from tons of laughter, and didn't bother the people in the hotel around us. When our vacation was over, we just unplugged and repacked in seconds. If you have kids that love to bounce, and you are tired of being bounced on, this is the PERFECT toy for you.
review image review image
on October 2, 2011
I bought this Rody for my grandson's 2nd birthday. It took him a little bit to get the hang of it, but his 3yr old sister LOVED it instantly!! Definately worth the $40. Very fun toy.
review image review image review image
on November 6, 2015
Made out of pvc plastic! Very bad! Do not buy this product. I returned it for a full refund when I received it and saw the warnings all over the box. This should be in the description. Please do not let your children play with this harmful toy!
on December 26, 2009
I first saw Rody at my friends house. She'd moved from Germany and brought Rody with her. I was really excited to find Rody in a local shop and discover that Rody is made in Italy, and that while the material used is the rather scary PVC, Lederplastic, the parent company, does not use any of the European 'banned phthalates' which surely means it has to be a notch better than traditional vinyl.

So, we received Rody as a Christmas present for my almost-two-year-old, and it was love at first sight. And why not? This horse is ridiculously adorable. My daughter has taken to feeding Rody the felt lettuce leaves from her play kitchen. She rides him, drags him, cuddles him, and puts him in time out when he's been naughty. My 4-year old has to fight for a turn on Rody, but she seems to appreciate him a great deal as well, even if she is a little big for him and more frequently topples backwards. It may be that if we put more air in him, he'd be more appropriate for the older of our children, but since he's just right for our youngest we figured we'd leave him like he is.

One of my fears in having Rody around was that with our hardwood floors and multiple fireplaces that it would be a head-injury risk, especially for my youngest. I thought he might have to be relegated to the outdoors where the soft ground would cushion their falls. However, they both seem to have a bit more control with him than I would have expected. They seem to anticipate the fall, and go with it, and it's kind of a slow-motion type affair where the impact wouldn't be bad even if they were careless. Of course, they've been a little more low-key than I would have anticipated too, so that adds to my feeling that the toy is generally safer for indoor use than I had initially estimated.

This horse is quite durable. Rody is made of really, really thick heavy duty PVC. He seems more than adequately equipped to handle rough play indoors and out. He's easy to inflate too, we did so in a couple of minutes with a foot-operated pump. He comes with specific attachments that will work with any standard pump.

I would have easily given Rody 5 stars, but I have to say despite the 'safer' vinyl he's made of he really, really stinks. Sometimes I smell him before I see him (my daughter hides him sometimes, though not effectively because the smell gives him away). I guess I expected that safer vinyl wouldn't have that sick-sweet plasticy smell that I so loathe. I'm really hoping that the smell dissipates after a while. In the meantime I give him 'fresh air breaks' on the porch when he's not being played with, hoping this will speed up the process.

I do hope that the plastic he's made of is indeed safe(ish). I wouldn't get rid of him unless I was given a strong reason to suspect otherwise. He really is a loved toy, well-designed and a great source of indoor athletic play.
66 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2011
This product is great fun! All the kids seem to be drawn to it. They love to bounce all around on it, but every kid that has sat on it has tipped backwards and hit their head on the floor.... So beware! It seems like the children three and over learn how to not fall after a few tips. But I would advise you put to put a younger child on this, as they will likely get hurt.

I also purchased the rocking base and it works great. To turn the bouncy horse in to a rocking horse you have to partially deflate it (which is quick because as soon as you pull the plug out the air escapes VERY quickly, no valve...) Then when it is partially deflated you just tuck the feet into the hole on the base. Then you inflate again and you have a rocking horse. I would say a small hand pump would be the most convenient way to do this- something you can store near the horse. I use my vacuum and it is just a pain.

Overall I would rate this toy a five,perhaps even a six, except for the fact that it is kind of dangerous to have around some kids. Even if your kid is not the kind to fall off of this, almost certainly a friend or cousin eventually will.
on August 2, 2014
I was skeptical about this toy being worth the price but it absolutely is. Both my 2 year old and 1 year old love it. It took a little while for the 2 year old to warm up to it but as soon as his little sister wanted to play with it he was happy and willing to try it out. It's great for getting out some energy if you're stuck indoors.

Super durable, our poor Rody has been put through his paces in the 6 months we've had him. Great little toy. I'd say ideal for 18 months and up (depending on the child). Our 1 year old can bounce on it but requires some assistance and quickly grows bored and moves on. The two year old goes nuts. I think it says it's for ages 3 and up which is crazy. Our son has practically outgrown it already, but he's a big boy. We'll see if he can still really use it by the time he's 3, he may be too big.
on October 24, 2014
We bought the red Rody 2 years ago for my first child.The color starting to come off a while back and the surface become sticky. We tried to wipe it down and let it dry but it doesn't work. We have to put it away because my 8 months old toddler puts its ears and tail in her mouth. Not a good product.