Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Style Name: Spelling|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 18, 2011
My 2 year old son has a lot of fun with this product. It is a bunch of 3 or 4 piece puzzles of simple words with the pictures. He just uses it for the puzzle/picture part, but I think it can be used to improve letter recognition/ reading skills for pre-schoolers. I put 3 of these mini puzzles in a sandwich baggy and throw it in the diaper bag, for a light, quick, convenient, clean, educational game on the go (in waiting rooms, restaurants, airplane, etc).
on March 31, 2009
I bought it when my son was about 3 to 4 y/old. Now that he is 6 ( 1st grade ), it became very easy for him, he can complete everything very fast. Overall it's a great toy for kid up to 6 y/old. I highly recommend.
on September 27, 2013
We enjoy these. Because my son is only 2 years old, it is too much for him to do them all at once. Instead, I broke them up into small bags, with puzzles that are not too similar to each other. Having only 9 pieces to sort and put together makes it much easier for him. I stash them in various places like the car and diaper bag. These are great for the doctor waiting room. As he gets older we'll be able to condense them into larger groups. For now, keeping the frustration level lower helps him to enjoy the puzzles.
on May 17, 2012
My son received this as a Christmas present and he is in love with all of The Learning Journeys products. He is only two and already can put this puzzle together by himself. I highly recommend any of The Learning Journeys products.
on December 13, 2010
I have bought this game more than 4 times. I gave it away in my son's birthday party as little puzzles in goodie bags. The parents were so happy that this was replaced by candy. It is just so fun, putting a puzzle together with your child & introducing letters & sounds trying to pronounce each word. It is just so simple 7 yet so great.
on March 27, 2011
I got the math and the word versions for my 30-month-old daughter. She knows her numbers up to 20 and all of her letters. These puzzles built on that knowledge by helping her understand the concepts of addition, subtraction, and putting letters together to make words. The puzzles won't go together if the pieces don't match, so she gets instant feedback that she needs to try another number (or letter, in the case of the word version). Great scaffolding toys.
on March 25, 2014
I bought this Spelling puzzle for my very smart 3 year old nephew who loves puzzles, and already has been working on his reading/spelling. I was actually afraid when I bought it that it might be a bit juvenile for him, but luckily it seems it'll take awhile before he reaches that point.

The only thing I didn't care for, but it's no big deal, is that when you open the box, it's just one huge mass of jumbled puzzle pieces. Wayyy too overwhelming for this purpose. So I helped him by doing most of the work, then giving him partially-finished words for him to work on. By the time we were done, they were all complete, so I tied them in a stack. Now his parents can break up one puzzle at a time and give him the pieces, rather than making him hunt through an entire box for the right cards, which would definitely not hold his interest. When one puzzle becomes too easy, they can break up 2 puzzles, and give them to him, and so on. I definitely suggest this method to keep the kids from becoming "bored" by actually just being overwhelmed. He definitely was disinterested and "bored" when I first opened the box. It was only when he saw the pictures coming together that it sparked his interest. So don't give up too early.

From what I could tell, the pieces were well-made. But as another reviewer stated, they ARE cardboard (albeit hard cardboard), so I wouldn't recommend this for under 3, due to the possibility of them putting them in their mouths. These pieces won't withstand much of that.

All in all, I think it's a very cute idea, well-made, and the price is right.
on January 29, 2011
I am an early childhood teacher that currently stays at home with my children. I am teaching my youngest daughter her letters and bought this set to help. It is a great toy, very durable. The best part about it is that you can use the lowercase letters, upper case letters, or both. (It is better to teach lowercase letters first.) I use them for lessons, like which letter makes the "u" sound like this umbrella? When the child is able to do more independent work, the self-correcting matching pieces make it a good learning tool for working by themselves. I highly recommend this toy.
on November 9, 2011
My 2 year old got it as a gift. She loves doing it and plays with it almost everyday and in a few days had learnt the words 'plus', 'subtract' and 'equal to' - she was curious when she saw those signs: )

**There 30 puzzles of which 10 puzzles are to count and match to right number (1 through 10), it is not difficult so she is not frustrated, where the images are not lined up is where it gets tricky so she is learning to keep track of where she begins to count.
**a great toy that we can also use to teach her simple addition and subtraction later. It also has a few that teach the concept of zero, nice!
**The images are bright, colorful and has images of things that all kids will find interesting eg butterfly, paintbrushes, birds, fishes, watches, flags.
**The puzzles are made of carboard that is sturdy.
**We store it in the box, makes for easy clean up that she can do herself.
on July 12, 2011
We got this and The Learning Journey's Sequence set. My 3 year old son LOVES them. He is now close to 4 and they still provide lots of fun. Now this is an activity he can do by himself and he loves making up new rhymes. When our neighbor's son turned 3 we knew we had to get this for him too.

This is a keeper toy that we plan on using when our daughter gets old enough. Big hit!