Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on November 5, 2011
I bought 8 of these chairs and was thrilled when they arrived. They looked good...but I have found they are not so good. Half of them had to be thrown away because they broke... and the other ones are well on their way. If you are looking for chairs that just sit and look pretty...these chairs are for you....I contacted the company through an email and they have yet to reply..it has been several weeks....so my warning is: Buyer beware....the price is cheap and so is the quality of the chairs!
Amazon is my "go to" website...I love their products..I have always been satisfied....this is a first...and hopefully the last purchase I make that will prompt me to make a negative review.
22 comments29 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 12, 2010
Solid wood, sturdy, balanced chairs that have a beautiful, smooth texture. The black finish is a different twist on a country style chair. The wood looks like ebony...very smooth. The previous reviewer used these for accent chairs. The color lends to a little drama. They look great. I purchased for my kitchen and I love them. The price is awesome for such good quality! I also love they were delivered assembled and they are put together very well. Thank you, Amazon.

Note the dimensions of the seat. They're sturdy enough, but not overly roomy. The way the back of the chair is designed reduces the seat room by about 2" For average sized people these are just fine, but for someone that is really heavy, these are sturdy enough, but I don't think they will be comfortable.

UPDATE: For everyday use, the paint does wear a little. It just a very small area on a couple of the rails, and no wear of paint in the seats. None. I still highly recommend. I'll just touch the paint every few of years. All components of the chair are firmly intact. The price is crazy good for the quality.
0Comment27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2010
Price is good..came in good shape, but not so sure great for every day use. Ordered two sets and they seem wobbly..and I have glued one back together already..and no one is big in my home really. Low use actually. Guess you get what you pay for.
on September 12, 2014
When I ordered these chairs I thought the price was a typo. I refuse to assemble a chair.. too dangerous. These were prefinished and fully assembled! And they are well built. I purchased these in May 2011, today Sept. 12, 2014 they still look new. Excellent purchase.
on September 11, 2013
Our kitchen chairs really needed to be replaced and these seemed like great options. They got delivered fully assembled which was GREAT but we didn't realize that the slanted legs meant that the pegs were NOT flush with the floor. we have wood floors so we ended up first using felt pads on them and then resorted to spending even more money on getting the swivel slider floor protector (and put the felt pads on those too). Well, the felt pads come off of those as well! We plan on getting rid of our kitchen set anyways, so we'll just have to ride it out until then...
on June 14, 2013
What a wonderful value.

These chairs are inexpensive, yet look very nice. Get lots of compliments on them from guests who think they are expensive chairs.

These chairs are fairly small, and when I first pulled them from the box I was afraid they wouldn't work for us. However, they work extremely well at our eat-in kitchen table, and I actually really appreciate that they don't take up too much room. If you are looking for a formal dining room a bulkier chair might fit better, but these look great at our small, round kitchen table.

Despite the smaller size, they are extremely comfortable!

Love that they came preassembled and have found them to be quite sturdy so far (have used them for 3 meals a day for the past few months with no issues).

My only complaint is that the feet of the chair hit the floor at a very slight angle--which results in me having trouble getting felt pads to stick to the bottom. My first round of pads fell off in a day or two. I then bought some smaller pads and they've held on for longer, but they too will slowly edge their way off the feet. Overall, not a big deal, but a bit of a nuisance when trying to protect wood floors.

Overall, would definitely buy again!
on July 14, 2012
I've only had these chairs for about a week, but so far I'm impressed. They are well-built and look great. Nice high-gloss black finish and the structure between the legs lends strength to the chair. Definitely worth the price.
on December 28, 2012
These chairs are sturdy and I didn't have to put them together! They look great. I will probably get two more.
on April 17, 2014
We had a set which fit nicely into our kitchen space. The table is great, however the chairs that came with the set were junk and fell apart. Saw the reviews on Amazon, and couldn't beat the price PLUS the fact that they were already assembled. So far so good, they came sooner than expected and we couldn't be happier. Once again, thanks Amazon
on February 5, 2015
Incredible quality. Beautiful. Every chair exactly the same and not cheaply made. Paint job seems good too, so they won't scratch or chip easily. Very pleased.