Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon January 29, 2009
I tore my rotator cuff after a fall on the ice and needed something that stayed in place better than a heating pad. I looked at products way more expensive than this but they didn't seem worth the price difference.

The product can be used either hot or cold. Personally, I use it hot. The gel packs hold their heat for 30-40 minutes. I suggest letting them cool for a few minutes because they are really hot at first.

This is a one size fits most model the can be used on either shoulder. I have a 48" chest at had a couple of inches to spare. If you're bigger than that it probably will be too small.

This is really a great product at a very reasonable price.
1111 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2011
To the active ladies who need a shoulder wrap that does the job hot and/or cold...
this wrap is a tiny bit oversized for my 5'4" frame, but to my surprise it keeps more area cool so I'm happy in that dept. Comfortability with my boob size (b36) was a concern of mine b/c I didn't know how this wrap was going to feel with a thick strap across R breast and the L breast being half smashed. It took me a few mins to get comfortable in the wrap. My R breast was nicely secure inside the thick strap, but the L breast was of course smashed. At this point the product feels so good cold that I don't mind a smashed boob for one hour of relief. When purchasing a wrap for my L torn rotator cuff I looked around everywhere for a more comfortable female wrap product and found nothing so I did second best and looked at the pictures to figure out which wrap would be best for both my needs and boobs. If u notice all pictures of any shoulder product go right across, on top of, very close to the breast area therefore, I knew I was in for conflict, but I needed relief. I bought this wrap b/c of the picture and positive reviews. I've had it 4 days now, use it twice a day and it's worked out ok not fabulous. It would be fabulous if McDavid made a wrap for the active lady.
Velcro straps: A
Material is neoprene: A
One size fits all: A
Stitching: B (you might need to re-sew here and there due to velcro agitating the seems)
Received in a timely manner: B

-LIAHNI :)
11 comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2009
The wrap comes with two hot/cold gel packs which slip into the shoulder wrap quite easily. Whether you are using hot or cold therapy, the wrap remains at a suitable temperature for a long enough period of time to be effective (up to about 30 minutes). The coverage is ideal as it encompasses the entire shoulder. The wrap is highly flexible for different body types/sizes and is quite easy to put on yourself.

All in all, the value is excellent for this highly effective hot/cold shoulder wrap. This item is a must buy for those with any type of shoulder issue.
11 comment|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2009
I'm 2-1/2 weeks out of shoulder surgery and wearing it as I'm writing this review. I've used this ever since I injured my shoulder last March. This has gone through probably a couple hundred icings and the quality is as good as the day I bought it. The gel used by McDavid gets very cold but yet remains more liquid then other gel packs. This makes it much more comfortable then the others and a real difference when ya have incisions on your shoulder. I recommend getting a couple of extra gel packs when ordering so you can rotate them during use. I highly recommend this product.
on January 3, 2009
I had been suffering with terrible pain in my rotator for 8 months. I was at the point of having real difficultly putting on a coat or opening a door. I Have no idea how I injured my shoulder, but it wasn't getting any better with three times a day Advil and gentle rotator cuff exercise. I used this product with hot gel packs every night and within a week I had significant relief--within a month, the pain was completely gone. I was astonished.
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2008
Bought this after surgery on rotator cuff. It works well, stays in place, and stays cold for the whole time I am supposed to use it (1/2 hour). After a couple of hours in the freezer, it's ready to go again. Glad I bought it.
22 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2011
I have tried 3 times to contact amazon & McDavid to replace a leaking gel pack but no one has returned my email. The gel pack came with a leak in it and when my husband tried to use his pack the pack leaked EVERYWHERE!! I spend almost $50 on a product that is faulty. I thought Amazon would rectify this problem but apparently good customers get zero help.
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2011
This seemed like a good product for Bursitus of my shoulder. I liked the way the heat would fit snug against my shoulder, unlike other products I've tried, and easily stay in place. The problem is that there were NO instructions. Nada. Didn't say whether I should heat it in a convection oven, microwave oven, boiling water, set it on my car engine and drive to Toledo, or what. Didn't say how long to heat it, either. So, I guessed microwave for one minute, like other products I've used. The gel bags burst and caused quite a mess. It would have been funny if it had happened to someone else.

Suppose I guessed wrong, huh? But why should customers have to guess?
1313 comments|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2008
I love this pack! It fits perfectly and I don't need to worry about it falling off my shoulder. I can put this on and still move around if I need to. I have only used it for cold, so not sure how it works for warm therapy.
on March 13, 2010
Having a frozen shoulder is no fun. Attempting to position cold/ice packs and keep them over the area that needs attention is no easy problem. Therefore, when my doctor recommended one of these type of shoulder wraps, I was skeptical. McDavid's Gel Pack shoulder wrap is THE BEST! Not only does it stay right where I need it - but it stays cold for the required 20 minutes. As a little hint, make sure these gel packs are in the main part of the freezer - and if possible laying flat. Additional gel packs to switch out is a good idea. I've been using mine for almost 3 weeks now and have only noticed that as they warm up, there's a residual dampness on my shoulder. GREAT product!