Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: O2COOL 10-Inch Portable Smart Power Fan with AC Adapter & USB Charging Port
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 14, 2015
This fan is incredible, and worth every penny. I was very hesitant since about 20% of the reviews said it didn't work, but if you look closely at those reviews you'll see that most of them are about the same problem: USER ERROR. Those people who said things like, "I only used it three times in the six months I owned it, it should have worked longer than that," don't know how to care for rechargeable devices like these. You MUST use and charge it regularly in order to maintain the battery life!

I bought this for a day at an amusement park. My mother is handicapped and just wanted to sit at the park and be with us all day. We set her up under and umbrella with her iPad loaded full of books. I bought this fan literally two days before our trip, hoping and praying it would arrive in time and that it would NOT be one of the duds people complained about. I took it inside, charged it fully overnight, and tested it out. It worked great.

At the park, this fan ran ALL DAY LONG on its single charge! Everyone commented on how shocked they were it was still running, including park employees who'd seen her throughout the day. It was a real life saver since we're in the South.

Now for the fun part...again, it will not work long if you do not take care of the battery! Charge it and use it several times a week. Surely there's a place you can run it just to keep it in shape. I place it in front of my treadmill every morning while I work out, I place it in front of the dog's bed while the sun is hitting the house, I take it outside while I'm working in the garden, etc. Even if you just have to put it next to your bed and run it while you're not lying down, you have to run it and charge it several times a week!

Some other people complained about the switch, and again, if you don't know how this technology works you're going to be very confused by the arrangement. It goes OFF>>LOW>>STOP>>HIGH. Weird, huh? Here's the deal. The fan must be either in the LOW, STOP, or HIGH positions to charge! OFF means you're cutting the connection altogether, and that's GENIUS! Why? Because you can leave it plugged in with the switch in the OFF position, and your fan isn't getting any power! That means it's not destroying the battery. Even better, LOW and HIGH mean your fan is charging while you use it, and STOP is for charging if you don't want the blades to turn. All those reviewers who said it wouldn't charge probably had it in the OFF position because they didn't read the booklet. There's an indicator light that tells you if the device is charging or not, as well as tells you if it's running off AC power or battery power.

It would be nice to know how much battery is left, but it certainly wouldn't be worth increasing the price just to know if the fan is about to die.

I have NOT used the USB charger on the side yet, so I can't say how that affects the battery life or how long it takes to charge a phone. YET AGAIN...reviewers who complained that the USB on the side didn't charge the fan DIDN'T READ THE BOOKLET! The USB charger is to CHARGE your devices...NOT to charge the fan!

All in all, this is an amazing product. I couldn't be happier with it, even at the nearly $50 price tag. Don't hesitate to get one of these IF you know what you're doing!
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2013
I loved this fan when I got it; it was just what I wanted. I plugged it into the adapter in the van and the breeze was great! It also worked fine on the rechargable batteries. But then those rechargable batteries died after about maybe 12 hours of use and now won't recharge! I paid 30 extra dollars for that feature and now it won't work? I will write to the company and let you know what happens. I have other O2 cool fans that I love...

UPDATE:They are sending me a BRAND NEW FAN! Way to go.I love this company. Their customer service was terriffic, too!
on June 1, 2007
I'm always looking for useful new devices to help me stay cool in the summer, and this fan from O2 Cool tops my list this year. This is a strong and powerful little battery-powered fan that can run up to three hours on a charge, longer if you install eight D alkalines. The fan tilts up and down in its housing, allowing you to place the fan on the floor, say, and have it blowing air up at you. This makes it very useful for musicians performing onstage, and as a semipro drummer, I intend to use the fan for that express purpose. The fan also has a folding handle and a folding hook so you can hang it up. It's very slim and lightweight without alkaline batteries. Please note: as I write this review, the picture on the Amazon site shows the wrong fan. Fortunately, a customer has provided the correct photo as well; the 1032 has black trim on the round fan assembly only, not the housing surrounding it. Incidentally, I have seen the 1032 available elsewhere (Walmart*cough*) for as little as $28...
33 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Package Quantity: 1|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Update - after a few months where I used this fan perhaps 6 times, the battery no longer holds a charge. Major bummer. Four stars before that happened, now down to 1......Taking it apart there is a 8-pack of A NIMH rechargeables, only rated for 1500 mah. Will see if I can install my own battery pack.

The port to charge USB devices was a real bonus! Other than that, it's simply a rechargable fan that also runs off of cord and "D" batteries. The auditorium at our kids's school isn't air conditioned, so it's a real luxury to have your own fan you can bring in. When we eat on the deck, this also helps keep mosquitoes and flys away.

On battery power / high setting it is very quiet. on battery/low, it's darn near silent.

On the rechargable battery and low setting it lasted well over 4 hours. I will update when I figure out how long it really lasts.

One thing to note - there are two speeds on the fan, but these are very different if you are running on battery or running on the AC adapter (Much more power when on AC)

The switch is a little goofy - off, high, stop, low, off. I'd prefer a larger recessed switch that is easier to use. Also would be helpful to know how much charge is in the battery if camping
Package Quantity: 1|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I own two O2Cool only battery powered fans, and after I bought those I regretted not getting this one from the start. The small ones did a great job keeping us cool during a seven-day power outage that followed a bad summer storm, and again, I wish the O2Cool 10 Rechargeable Fan would have been my first choice. But usually one doesn't truly know what will be needed until the situation happens. So, this is a great addition to any storm emergency kit.

The O2Cool 10 Rechargeable Fan works great while connected to the AC Adapter and almost the same on its fully recharged battery. The handle is designed in a way that not only is good for moving the unit from a location to another, but also to hang it if necessary, and it neatly folds behind it. The fan also swivels, which helps to redirect the air according to our needs.

I love the USB port on the side that allows the recharging of other gadgets while the O2Cool 10 Rechargeable Fan is being recharged, or it is in use. Even if the fan is off, the USB port still works, which is great if one decides to use only the charger during the cold months, because this would help to extend the life of the built-in rechargeable battery. More about this later in this review.

The USB recharging feature alone would cost extra if one were to buy a portable battery charger with a USB port.
For example, this is the product I was using to charge my gadgets on the go: Goal Zero 11406 Guide 10 Plus Silver Battery Pack, a great product, but when one gets the O2Cool 10 Rechargeable Fan, the feature of recharging from batteries comes as a bonus. I tested it as such, operating it only with the built-in rechargeable battery, I recharged my MP3 player, and the fan continued to cool the room too.

One thing we all should remember is that being this a rechargeable battery, before being only battery used for the first time, it should be fully charged and afterward, it must be discharge and recharge from time to time to keep it alive. The best way to do this is to use the USB charger when the battery is full, and after one recharge a gadget, let the fan recharge alone. I highly recommend this fan.
VINE VOICEon September 1, 2013
Package Quantity: 1|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really enjoy this fan.

It's portable and small enough to carry around.

Out of the box, the legs easily snap on.

Then you decide how you want to power it.
-Battery (Not included)
-AC Power
-Charging the unit itself

**One thing that's very important is to have the unit in the STOP position when you charge it. The green light should be flashing when it's properly charging. My unit had a piece of clear tape over the power switch. For the fan to properly charge, it's very important to move the switch to the STOP position. You can read this in the unit directions. **

There's also USB charging.

The fan is small enough to put just about anywhere. Keep in mind it's not a large fan. If it were large it would not be as portable as it is now.

For it's size it gives a nice breeze. Add in the portability it provides, and you have a good fan.

This is also a fan you can use if you have no AC power. A sure plus for those who have had no fan during power outages.
on April 13, 2015
I read lots of reviews where some people had long run-times and others seemed to have crap batteries. I was hoping the latter group didn't know how to plug in the charger and ordered the fan anyway. My fan batteries had some charge right out of the box. But an overnight charging resulted in barely 60 minutes of run time on low. Not worth screwing around with replacing batteries with higher quality rechargeables. Besides, it could be the charger. Returning it immediately.
on October 15, 2013
I used the fan in the back of my SUV for my dog. It worked OK for about 1 1/2 weeks and then I would come out to the car and it would be off. I followed the instructions and gave it a full charge when I first opened it and also used it in the AC plug in my SUV. Once I discovered it was cutting off after a minute or two I took it out of the vehicle and tested it inside. Gave it a full charge and tried to use it again...still cuts off after about 5 seconds of blowing. Too unreliable for use for dogs or anything else that you would like to keep cool for that matter. I haven't called them yet but plan to do it today.
VINE VOICEon August 21, 2013
Package Quantity: 1|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
i ordered this 02 Cool fan with the expectation that it will perform well, and did not pay much attention to the product description. Upon receipt I attached the legs and opened the DC battery compartmens and found them empty. I then read the product manual and found that the fan is supposed to even work without my batteries or AC power. Really?

Now I turned the fan on HI and there it was, blowing like a propeller aircraft- unbelievable! The beautiful fan has internal, rechargeable batteries which if fully charged will keep it going for some time. Obviously it will work longest on AC power but the fact that it will work at all without batteries or AC power makes it a useful product. Next I used it with the AC adapter and it performed flawlessly. I expect it to run on alkaline batteries when installed.

The 02 Cool fan will also operate off a car battery when used with the adapter in a car's cigarette lighter. The USB port allows the fan to become a recharger of devices like a cell phone or a laptop. This is a feature that many new small electrical/electronic gadgets today have and it makes a good selling point. The light weight fan also tilts forward and backward.

I'm sold on the 02 Cool fan and will recommend it for purchase.
on August 18, 2014
Had big hopes for this fan since it had a built-in rechargeable battery. The battery started out lasting 6 hours on low, which was great. Less that 4 weeks later, the battery has given out and runs barely 30 minutes on low and is very slow even then. You can still run it on A/C or disposable D cells, but if you want it for the rechargeable battery, I cannot recommend it.