Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 18, 2008
I bought two mini dehumidifier at once, this one and the Eva-dry EDV-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier. Hands down, the Eva-dry out performs this! They are about 7' apart, but yet the Eva dry can pull out about 8oz of water every 3 days, compared to the 2 tblsp or so this device does.

However, this device is much quieter than the Eva-dry.

As for the UV light, is it really necessary? Better yet...does it really even work? I wouldnt know....

Shipping was prompt from the company.
44 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2009
I brought this dehumidifier for my bathroom. It only collected about a table spoon full of water after two days of continuous running. The excessive amount of sweat on the plumbing and the toilet talk tells me that there is enough moisture in the air for it to collect. I regret my purchase and will not recomment it to anyone.

The only positive thing I found is the UV light, that seemed to have an effect on the air quality.
on February 2, 2010
This dehumidifier would not pull moister from a small bathroom after a shower. Wast of money.
on October 11, 2009
Tried to put this under the sink, but it is still noisy. Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier is much better.
on July 21, 2011
I was debating for a long time to buy and try this dehumidifier considering the different reviews this product received. The plan was to find a dehumidifier for my small bedroom to help with my allergies. I live in Southern California pretty close to the beach and the humidity outside has been between 75-95% lately. Which gave this product a great test: my thermostat told me I had 72% humidity in my room, so I started the dehumidifier. With less than 4 hrs the humidity went down to 62% and I had about 2 cups of water in the collection bin. As long as you are okay with humidity around 60%, I haven't been able to get it lower than 60%.

Also, somebody wrote it is hard to empty the water, which I really didn't see. You can remove the top of the collection bin and just pour it out.

The only draw back is, it is not too quiet. This is why I didn't give it a 5 Star. For me it works well due to sleeping during the daytime, so it actually cancelled out some of the outside noise.

Overall, I think this product is worthwhile the price and size.
on May 18, 2011
This machine simply doesn't work. I've had it plugged in my very humid bathroom for over a year and I have only emptied it ONCE and its a two liter dehumidifier.
It's not quiet, but it could make all the noise it wanted as long as it WORKED.
But it doesn't. I live in a studio basement apartment, no one lives in a smaller space than I do. I bought this one because I was broke, and couldn't afford to exchange it for a better one. So if you are broke, and considering this machine, DONT DO IT.
on October 30, 2012
The following information is what I was looking for before I invested my money in this unit. So for everyone else, here is the benefit of my extensive experience with it.

The reason I was interested in this unit was because of the low Wattage consumption, and the potential efficiency of moisture removal coupled with heat generated. I was surprised at the overall inefficacy of this unit (should I say the technology). I put this unit, Sunpentown SD-350T (85 Watts/hr) through a head-to-head test with another dehumidifier that consumed 765 Watts/hr (the `Challenger's - a 70 pint unit) in a timed test, at various humidity levels, and in various size rooms. Here is what happened:

At 54 percent humidity and 67 degrees in a 7X8 foot room with no moving air, Sunpentown removed 70 mls in 12 hours, and 110 mls in 14 hours, in two separate tests with identical room sizes. The temperature was increased (in both tests) by approximately 1.5 degrees irrespective of run time. For both runs, the humidity was reduced to 50 percent - so the extra 2 hours in the second run netted a little more water, but did not move the digital hygrometer. Total Watts consumed was about 1020 W, and 1200 W, respectively. Next the `Challenger' - within 30 minutes, in the same size room, under the same conditions, it reduced the humidity to 47 percent, increased the temperature 3 degrees, and pulled out 210 mls of water. Wattage usage was about 400W for the time.

The rate of moisture removal did not vary whether the units were placed in a 90 percent humidity environment or a 54 percent one. To me this says that the Sunpentown (PELTIER) technology is pretty inefficient.

When I saw only 85 Watts/hr usage I was gun-ho until I tested the unit and found out I have to burn more electricity to get the same results that a compressor unit could deliver in a fraction of the time for AND for a fraction of the electrical cost - it was a No Brainer.

On the Positive side for the Peltier unit --- it is very, very quiet. Only produced a `soft hum'. It would be the best choice for a room 6X6 or smaller (yes...I have seen bathrooms and other nook areas in a house that small) where even a 25 pint compressor unit would be too big. Anything larger than a 6X6 and you could easily fit the 25 pint unit into it.
On the Negative side for this unit, the adapter runs ALARMINGLY hot --- so hot in fact that I could not hold it in my hand after only 30 minutes.

In short, the unit was returned after the 5 day test. It was inefficient.
on July 13, 2009
This is a great dehumidifier! Has not stopped sucking moisture out of the air, for over a year! The UV light that kills floating bacteria is a nice touch and makes it ideal for the bathroom.
on December 10, 2012
I have no idea why this is called a dehumidifier. It really is just a fan with a tank attached. I ran this thing for two weeks in a very humid bathroom, and the only moisture it collected was on the outside. With the shower running. As a weird bonus(?), mine also came with some sort of desicated moth in the tank, which also failed to absorb any moisture.
on March 30, 2013
I bought this to use under my kitchen sink. It has always been very, very damp under there, giving the apartment a very musky smell
any time all the windows and doors are closed. About once every 3 weeks I'll set under the sink and leave it running for 3 to 4 hours.
It get's rid of all the excess moisture and the musky smell. I image this dehumidifier is only good for smaller areas (under sinks and
closets) given it's size, and it has worked VERY well for what I needed it for !