Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fiskars 5 Inch Titanium Micro-Tip Easy Action Scissors
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: 5 Inch|Change

on March 3, 2010
I had a set of 8" Fiskars for years and that pair grew legs and walked. This is what I replaced them with and I am happier with these than I was with the old ones. The shaped handle is a great improvement over flat style handle spring loaded scissors. The safety clasp has been redesigned so that it won't warp and not work anymore which is great, no more scissors springing open and falling off the table. The blades are quite sharp and if this pair is anything like my old set, they won't need sharpening for at least a decade.
on March 10, 2014
I have come to hate these scissors, which I bought because I had two older pair just like them and the lock holding the blades closed wore out. I always loved these scissors for quick jobs of snipping and using at the sewing machine. But I find this new, revised design is frustrating in that the lock holding the blades closed gets in the way while I am snipping or cutting, and then the cutting action is impaired because the lock slips or slides back into place and the scissors don't cut--I'm always having to stop and slide the lock back. I have also continually been pinched between my thumb and forefinger because of the part of the design that holds the lock, which seems to be right where I hold the scissor handles. Thank goodness I did not throw away my old pairs just because the lock wore out--the blades work fine and I prefer them to these new ones. I would never buy another pair of this model.
on December 18, 2010
These scissors are awesome. I do a lot of sewing and have used a lot of scissors and these have a really smooth motion if you are plagued with hand and arm pain. I have 3 different sizes. I have made a few rag quilts and the ones with the shorter blades are great for that. These allow for extended period of cutting out without tiring my hands. Great product.
on December 1, 2012
I was hesitant to buy these at first. I was concerned because they honestly look a little strange. However, my mom is a big-time sewer and she loves to sew. She's got arthritis throughout most of her body and, although sewing hasn't stopped, I can tell it's been a little rougher at times than others. These scissors are amazing - they make cutting through fabric look like putting a finger through whipped cream. They work extraordinarily well and they're perfect for anyone with hand problems. She plans on using them for a long time.
on April 18, 2011
If you have a lot of cutting out to do, these are for you. I own the small ones as well as the large shears. I once cut out 250 figures from poster board with them and did not get a blister on my hand! They are easy to control and retain their sharpness with no problems. I lost all of my teaching materials in Hurricane Katrina - these scissors were the first thing I replaced!
55 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2012
As I have ligament damage to my thumb I am finding it ver difficult to use normal dressmaking scissors. Since purchasing these I am now able to get back into patchwork and dressmaking as they don't put any pressure on my thumb.
on June 14, 2011
I got this to use for my herb garden and love it!! Much better than using the regular scissors that could hurt your hands after using it so often. It's very sharp and quite sufficient for cutting most any herb. This probably won't cut more of the woody thicker stems but I haven't had to use it for that. It's size is nice and compact and the the handle is soft and comfortable. The spring back action is what I love the most! I'm sure this would be great for pruning little plants around the house as well. I would definitely recommend this item!
on October 24, 2012
These are the perfect scissors for people with arthritis. My hands don't hurt when I use these scissors. They are so much easier to use than regular scissors, mostly because of the spring action that opens them up again. They are really sharp, too. I am so glad I bought them.
on April 15, 2012
I love having the perfect scissors for a project. I have three pair of Fiskar scissors shaped like this. They are all wonderfully sharp and easy to manipulate. These Titanium Nitride Scissors are the sharpest of all three and cut through the wool that I use for applique like cutting through butter. They cut wool better than any other scissors I own. They also cut into corners and V's right down to the tip of the scissors. They work great on paper, too, although I save the Titanium scissors for fabric.
on November 14, 2011
I was sold when I read the description on the back of the package, and Fiskars has done it again! I tried these scissors using fabric and chipboard - they did a great job! I love the lightweight feeling of these scissors in my hand, and they are great with the soft-grip and nice squeeze feel to the mechanism. I really liked how you can get into tight spaces to get a clean, crisp cut....really think about getting this pair of scissors if you are in the market for nice clean cuts.