Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on January 20, 2011
Price is right and it looks great from the outside- but there's a serious design and/or manufacturing flaw with this product. The pouring edge of the decanter is beveled to an ultra-thin and razor sharp edge, making it extremely brittle - not to mention dangerous to handle. The edge literally broke in my hand the first time I washed the decanter. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this product.
on July 21, 2011
I have a small winery and I have purchased 6 of these decanters. I love the punt, and the design in lovely! However, the lip on the spout is extremely delicate and chips far too easily. We use four decanters in the winery for our reds, and even a slight touch on Reidels will chip the decanters. Too bad as they are lovely...will have to try a new brand now.
on April 29, 2012
When I first opened the box of the decanter, I though "uh-oh, the top-most portion of the decanter's lip is going to chip/break... it's just a matter of time." Well after two uses, washing by hand between times, the lip of the decanter got chipped in the dish drying rack. While I did allow space around the decanter to dry safely, movement of the dishes when other family members got cups/dishes must have caused the decanter to hit something (or be hit).

Lesson learned: If you buy this item, buy decanter drying rack OR towel-dry the decanter and put it away right after use to avoid damage.
on October 13, 2010
Here's what I love about this decanter:

- it's beautiful
- it looks different than my other decanters
- it fits in my wine tote so I can easily carry it, a couple of stems, and a few bottles in a single bag
- it's inexpensive

Here's what I don't love:

- in order to keep the costs down, the manufacturing process may be cutting a few corners, so the glass is slightly imperfect (pure conjecture, really, but this is my review!)

I'd give it 4.5 stars, but I'm rounding up because I use it all the time.
on May 24, 2014
I saw this in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and just had to have it, and found it on Amazon.com. Mine arrived yesterday, and it is beautiful. I can't wait to use it. I read the other reviews, and I'll be careful about the rim, as it sounds like it can chip very easily. I am always so grateful to Amazon customers' reviews. They never steer me wrong.
VINE VOICEon February 27, 2015
This decanter is really beautiful, but unfortunately has a major design flaw. The sharply cut glass edge is VERY prone to chipping, cracking or breaking. I received the first one of these as a gift and the SAME NIGHT it was already chipped. I didn't see it happen, so I thought maybe it was a fluke. I purchased another to replace it, and in no time at all it was also chipped on the side of a wine bottle.

Two of these broken in as many months... sorry but it's time for another decanter.

If you are EXTREMELY gentle with this decanter, it will probably work for you. But be careful... one bump and it will be chipped and the glass could be dangerously jagged. I give it two stars because it's a beautiful decanter and maybe some of you will be less accident prone than I am.
on January 13, 2009
I bought this as a Christmas gift. I was worried that it would arrive broken after all the reviews but it arrived in good health. I also wasn't sure about the size but it holds a full bottle of wine and then some and looks lovely as the wine pours into it and out of it. I had a decanter already but wish I had bought this for myself (I was tempted to give them mine - it was hardly used!). Great gift and great price.
on January 19, 2015
So sleek! I'm very impressed with this decanter for the price and for buying it sight unseen. It's a great shape to let you air out the wine by spinning it around without spilling, and the thumb-hole at the bottom makes for a great one-handed pour.
on September 15, 2015
Got this decanter because it was pretty cheap, and a bit different from most other inexpensive decanters on the market. It doesn't really hold an entire bottle of wine (unless you are really filling it up) but for 1/2-3/4 a bottle at a time, it works great.
on May 22, 2014
This works great for pouring out a bottle of wine or aerating your wine and doing the whole bottle at one time instead of glass by glass. It looks neat and it has a spot for your thumb in the bottom to pour like a professional. I recommended for any wine enthusiast or even one who wants to have something neat for dinner parties