I bought this 7 months ago, and it was great. 2 days ago I got a disappointing lesson that you cannot let a 40 lb bag drop into the container. You have to completely lower it in, or the bottom of the container will break off, unable to take a direct drop.

It had performed so well otherwise, that it hadn't crossed my mind that could occur. I had been working very long hours and was too exhausted to use my physical strength to gently lower in the new bag and I just let it drop and was surprised to hear a big crack as the bottom broke.

Next time I am that tired, I will wait until I am rested enough to gently lower the bag, because after all it is only plastic. For the price, it can't be beat.

I went ahead and ordered a replacement because it works great otherwise, keeping the food fresh and making it very easy to cart around a 40lb bag. It has held up great all that time until I thoughtlessly just dropped a 40lb bag into it. I wish it came with a hardier bottom, but then again, it wouldn't cost as cheaply if it did. So be warned: the bottom breaks off if you let a heavy bag of kibble fall into it, and so you must take care lowering the bag in.
1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 26, 2013
I've posted pictures here comparing the 69 to the 67 quart version. Both purchased on Amazon. The specs between the two are not that different.

14.7 x 17.9 x 23.8 inch; 69 quart container

14.8 x 19.3 x 20.7 inches; 67-quart capacity

The 67 is a little more "rigid" due to the way the forming was done. The wheels on both units are the weakest point. I've broken them off by letting them drop to the floor a few inches. I was able to duct tape the wheel back on, but it's not a pretty sight. As others have noted: Be careful when rolling or dropping these when loaded. On several of the units we don't use the wheels, so it's obviously not an issue.

At this point in time, the 69 quart unit is several dollars less than the 67, on Amazon.
review image review image review image
on March 27, 2008
This product was exactly what i needed! It easily holds a 30 lb bag of food and keeps it air tight and fresh. I have two of these containers because my two dogs eat different food - both are small so those 30 lb bags last a long time and I really needed something to keep their food fresh!!! It's lid flips straight up so you have plenty of room to scoop.

**EDIT**

In response to comments - I think it depends on the size of the kibble. When I first purchased this, a 30lb bag did fit. After we switched to a larger kibble it took 1 1/2 bins to hold my 30lb bag. We have recently switched to another food and a 30lb fits with room to spare. So keep in mind how much air space your kibble will leave when ordering.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 10, 2010
This did not keep ants out. I had to throw out thirty pounds of expensive dog food.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I spent months searching for a food container to store my dog's food in. I could not find a container that fit all of my criteria. I decided to order this product from Amazon and see if it worked for me. So far, so good! I am very pleased with the item that arrived and here's why:

- You can see the food through the container. At a glance I know how much food my dog has and when it's time to refill.
- It holds a little over 30 lbs. of kibble. (I believe the last bag I bought was 33 lbs. and it fit perfectly).
- Despite holding over 30 lbs. of kibble it takes up little space, which is important to me as I have a tiny kitchen.
- The wheels on the bottom of the container make moving the container (even when full) around my house a breeze. Now I can scoot the container out of the way to clean.
- The wide opening at the top of the container made mixing kibbles while switching brands of kibble easier.
- Reasonably priced. In my experience, it is often cheaper than the food containers you can find in pet stores.
- This container has done a fantastic job of keeping insects like ants out of the kibble. After losing $60 worth of kibble to an ant invasion, I REALLY appreciate this!
- In addition to holding 33 lbs. of kibble, this container has no problem holding a 9 lb. snoozing cat atop the lid.

The one downside I've found is that larger bags of kibble may not fit in the container **while still in the bag** due to the shape of the container. The big bags of kibble will get stuck a few inches from the bottom. If the bag is new and full the container may not close. So if you're planning on buying a 30+ lb. bag of kibble and you don't want to toss the bag, you might want to go a size up in containers. Otherwise, dump the kibble into the container and ditch the bag. (If you're worried about keeping track of when the food expires, try copying the expiration date from the bag onto a sticker. Put the sticker on the outside of the container.)
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 21, 2010
I bought the 21-23qt for cat food and 45-47qt for dog food. The 21-23qt holds a 16lb bag of friskies just fine, and the 45-47qt almost holds a 44lb of dog chow with a little left over (especially since I tend to add a new one before the old is completely gone). But I have 3 dogs so the left over is usually gone within a day or two.

It holds the smell in as well, as I haven't had any problems with any of the pets trying to eat their way through, and let me tell you my pets act like they haven't had a meal in years and WILL get into food.

I love that the large 45-47qt has rollers so I can easily bring it to the dogs' bowls and fill them without breaking my back. Careful filling it with a 40+lb bag by yourself, as it tends to try to roll away!

Perfect for my needs!
on January 11, 2007
This is a great storage container. The wheels is what makes the diffrence on this product. You are able to move up to 55 pounds with the littlest effort. Highly recommended!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 20, 2011
Within 2 weeks of purchasing the wheels snapped off in the back. There is no way to fix or replace them as the plastic socket for the castors broke. I will not purchase another one like this.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a great product. I now own 3. One holds 50 lbs of black oil sun flower seed and one holds 50 lbs of dry dog food and the last 50 lbs of millet. Even loaded it move easily on my cement floor.
on August 4, 2012
I was looking for a good, airtight dogfood container for my pet. This was the perfect solution. I bought the Airtight Food Container keeps Dry Pet Food Fresh 45-47 QT (Holds up to 35 # Dog / Cat food) - this is according to the Product Description.

I buy Life's Abundance Premium Health Food for Puppies & Adult Dogs in a 40 lb. bag. The entire bag just barely fit into the bin, but it did fit. Also, when I put together the bin, I didn't put the wheels on it. Some reviewers said the wheels would occasionally break. Since I don't need to move the bin, I just didn't install them.

The container has a nice seal, my dog can't knock it over and open it. (I have a pug that LOVES food.) My bag of food fits perfectly. I couldn't be more happy.
review image