Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 8, 2008
Our daughter received this for her fifth birthday and LOVES IT! I have to say that the concept is so simple that I'm amazed they didn't come up with it sooner. We hung it up in her room and it was very easy for her to play with. She kept asking me for an eraser and I had to explain that the designs would fade. [Take note: The toy comes with a dry erase marker. DO NOT LET YOUR CHILD USE IT TO MARK THE SCREEN! You're supposed to use it to mark a plain sheet of clear plastic. the marked up plastic then creates an image/pattern on the screen. We're not going to risk it. The dry erase marker is put away.] I liked how it had built-in storage for all of stencils, plastic sheets, and pieces. Very nice! Definately a keeper
22 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2008
The box shows a drawing of a planet and a rocket ship along with some stars. This drawing was impossible for me to make. I'd draw the planet but before I finished the rocket ship (going as fast as I could) the planet had completely dissappeared, never mind adding the special tip and putting on stars.

My 5 year old daughter saw the commercials for this and it was the only thing she asked Santa to bring her. She was dissappointed with it and we took it back. She liked the Color Explosion Glow Board better.
44 comments|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2009
Product is made pretty well, BUT....the big disapointment is that when you use the glow stick....it fades out way too fast. There is no way to get an entire page filled up without 60% of it fading out
on April 20, 2009
Kinda' cool, BUT the picture fades way to fast for this to be any fun.
Ok above is my initial review, in all fairness I had to come back and say we've discovered that in a really dark room the picture doesn't fade quite as fast. But it's still not as much fun as I envisioned.
on January 5, 2009
Yet another toy that looks WAY better than it is. Drawings fade immediately so there's no way it will ever look like the pics on the box. Can't get sheet to unroll flat, despite bending it backwards. Children very disappointed. Crayola should be ashamed of this piece of junk - the cost of the inputs must be about [...].
on December 2, 2008
I saw the Crayola Glow Station at my Godchilds house last week and was amazed.This 5 year old girl was having the time of her life creating figures,and was nevered bored.
I would have LOVED this gift when I was young.
This is a wonderfull toy for a child to create the artist inside of them, without the mess of Crayons.
on February 4, 2009
If you are trying to break your school-ager from nightlight dependency, then this is the one. My 2nd grade son who wouldn't let me turn the lights off at bed time or close the door to his room, now insists that I do both so that he can see his good night message from Mom. He doesn't really spend a lot of time with it but its great as a "night light" comfort item. The glow lasts a while after the lights are turn off, okay I don't know exactly how long but its long enough for him to get to sleep. There is enough room for a short message from Mom for him to look at as he falls asleep. He does enjoy drawing pictures of space scenes when he does think to play with it, but even he sees this as a night light substitute.
on November 9, 2009
My now 5 year old received this as a gift last fall. We hung it by a nail in our guest bathroom that has no windows. It works very well and I am glad the images don't last as long, despite other's reviews. It lasts long enough to hold a 5 and 2 year old's attention until they are ready to draw the next image. We ditched the stencils and the kids just play with the light pen on the board. The pen has withheld being dropped, kicked, stepped on, and thrown in the toilet and still works. When we have kids over, they all lock themselves in the bathroom and play with it for hours. Maybe a 7-9 year old would get frustrated with the images fading as quickly as they do, but my younger guys have not once complained. Haven't had any quality problems with the "board" either. I WOULD recommend this, and I am giving it as gifts to some of my children's friends this Christmas.
"Crayola" has been around since 1885 (then known as `Binney & Smith'), so you know they understand kid's toys. The `GlowStation' says it for ages 6 to 15, but I can easily see younger kids enjoying this cool gift. Like a glowing `canvas' kids can use the battery powered `wand' of light to create their own shapes, designs and drawings. The kit also contains stencils, tracer shapes and stencil sheets. Its fun in the dark, and as kids create glowing drawings, they can watch them as they slowly fade away over time - magically. Creativity is only limited by your child's imagination. This is a great start for kids who are artistically inclined. Not for everyone, but if your child likes to draw on the walls, this is a much better option.
44 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2008
Although this product is recommended for 6 yrs old and older, I bought for my 3 year old. She loves playing with the light/glow mat (actually, we both do!). I hung the glow station in her bedroom and am certainly setting myself up to her not going to sleep when it is her bedtime... There is only 1 negative that I can say about the product. It comes with a black dry-erase marker that the instructions clearly state not to draw on the draw mat. The black marker is to be used for making your own stencils. However, it is too much of a temptation to even have the marker with the glow station and risk ruining the glow mat. I took the dry-erase marker away. My daughter won't even know it is missing.... Overall, this is a fun product for the young (i.e. 3 year old) and the nearly old (me) - worth hours of play time.