Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 6 x 3 Inch|Change

on September 4, 2009
I'm sold on this Parrish's Magic line cake pan. Compared to a Wilton Performance pan this one is much heavier and has a sturdier lip. In fact, a 6 inch by 3 inch deep Parrish's Magic pan weighs about 3 ounces more than the larger 8 inch by 3 inch deep Wilton Performance pan! The Parrish pans are less expensive than comparable Wilton brand pans and the Parrish's Magic pans are made in the USA. (Wilton Performance pans are made in China.)
on July 23, 2012
i love these pans for their size. I've made a couple of cakes using standard recipes, and filled the 6x3 pans about two-thirds. The one adjustment that had to be made was the baking time -- at 350 degrees, the cakes need to bake about 60 to 65 minutes.
on July 2, 2009
I picked this pan up with a pair of 8" pans at the same time. This size pan is very tricky to get the cooking time so that cakes don't burn or dry out. I'm still figuring out the timing. Not a failure of the pan, probably just a quirk of the 6" size.

The pan itself is solid and heavy in a way that says your grandmother would have had this pan and would have handed it down through the generations. Using a flour spray allows for any items to release easily and makes cleanup super easy.
on August 30, 2011
Very nice pan. Heavy gauge. I use parchment on the bottom and have had no problems with sticking. I also use a Wilton flower nail, sticking up through the parchment, to help the middle cook a little faster and keep up with the outer edges. And I slow down the outer edges by wrapping them with bake-even strips or even aluminum foil rolled around a wet cloth. A bit of extra work, but worth it for a perfect little cake.
44 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2012
I was looking for a pan to bake my son's smash cake in for his first birthday and this is the perfect size! Great little pan.
on June 12, 2011
wasn't sure if the pan was big enought. I purchase 2 pans and was very surprised when I used them, they were the perfect size, and very good quality. I wanted a pan that wouldn't rust and that's what I got. I am very satisfied and would recommend anyone with small households to try these pans.
on January 26, 2013
I'm a novice baker and would probably have chosen non stick had my mom not told me that her cake pan is aluminum because they bake the best. After doing some research, I decided to go for this Parrish Magic Line pan, choosing the 6x3 size to make small cakes for my husband and myself.

I love how sturdy this pan is. It did have a few scratches when it came, but that didn't bother me. I had read some reviews saying that these pans leave a grey residue on people's hands. I washed the pan as soon as I got it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge - there was a little grey residue then, but none thereafter.

I have baked two cakes in it so far - both have cooked evenly and come out very well. As long as I lightly grease and flour the pan, the cake just falls out. It is slightly expensive, but worth it, since I'm sure these will be long lasting!

I'm definitely getting another one of these to try my hands at layer and I highly recommend it!
on March 2, 2011
This pan is great! I bought it as for use for top tier of cakes, and I absolutely love it b/c:

- It requires no stacking - just bake, then frost your 3" tier!
- Cake slips right out of the pan (using just a oil/flour coating before inserting batter)
- Bakes evenly and doesn't burn!

It does require extra cooking time of course, (anything that thick would), but overall I love it! I need to get the 8" next!
on March 4, 2013
This pan makes the cutest little cake ever. I used it for my daughter's first birthday, and it turned out perfect. I used a cake mix in it, but baked it for about an hour. It came out nicely (I used waxed paper) and I even cut it in half to create a layered cake. Can't wait to use it again.
on July 26, 2015
Perfect little pans. You can use three of these with a recipe for 2 nine inch layers and make a tall cake. Or you can use a recipe for a nine inch cake, make two six inch layers and six cupcakes to freeze. It makes a very pretty presentation, if you don't want a huge cake. Good quality pans for proper baking.