Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 64-Ounce|Change

on November 23, 2010
After a decade of faithful service, my Vita-Mix (wet) 64-oz. container developed hairline cracks around the base, causing it to leak. Slowly, almost imperceptibly, but undeniably. Not wanting to face facts, I continued to use it, despite the awful truth: the container had met it's Waterloo.

I purchased this replacement container thinking it would be like the original. The inclusion of the wrench was a plus, as I had no idea how I would remove the blades from the old container. This sturdy plastic tool makes blade removal effortless, and I was able to attach them to the new container with no trouble at all. Fantastic!

The new container is exactly like my old container, except it is crystal-clear (mine is cloudy from heavy use). But the lid - ah, the lid is something new. Instead of struggling to force the old lid into the old container - arguably the hardest part of food prep - this lid has "ears" that gently grip the sides of the container FROM THE OUTSIDE! It is simple to attach, and even simpler to remove. Fantastic!

The plastic plug in the lid has changed, too. Where it was held in place by friction, it now has tabs that prevent its removal when it is twisted into place. And it remains in place until you twist and remove it. Now, when I take off the lid and turn it upside-down, the plastic plug does not fall out. Fantastic!

I highly recommend buying this container. The wrench alone is worth the price, but the newly-designed lid and plug make this a fantastic bargain.
55 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2011
My Vitamix 5000 came with the older type container that was not BPA-free, and it had the older type lid that has a rim on the outside that must be pushed below the rim on the inside of the container. Sometimes the lid went on easily, and other times it was annoyingly difficult. When the newer type BPA-free container came out, I really liked it. I especially liked the way the lid fit on the container; it looked like it was so much easier to use than my older style lid, and it had those two rubber "ears" that fit over the outside rim of the container to secure it... it just looked like a much better design.

Well, I didn't order a replacement container because I thought it would be too expensive to order one with a blade and too hard to change the blade over if I ordered a container without the blade. Honestly, I worried I might break something.

My eventual undoing came after I ordered a 32 oz. wet blade container, with blade, from Vitamix. I really wanted the convenience of being able to select either the 32 oz. or the 64 oz. container, depending on the job at hand, and I do love having both size containers available. Suffice it to say that the new style lid on my new 32 oz. container spoiled me. The more I used it, the more I yearned for a new 64 oz. container, but I was still concerned about switching the blade over from my old container. Then I saw the price of this 64 oz. container on Amazon, and I finally "caved." I'm so glad I did.

When my new 64 oz. container arrived, it didn't take me more than 5 minutes to switch the blade over, using the wrench that was included with the container. I immediately added a drop or two of dish detergent to the new container, put in some warm water, and ran it for about two minutes just to make sure it was clean and that it didn't leak. It was fine!

Now, my only regret is that I waited so darned long before finally buying this really great new container!
on February 4, 2015
I am so thrilled with this. I bought my Vitamix Super 5000 back in the nineties. I've been using it every day since and it's still going strong, except for the blender container, which has gotten cloudy and cracked over time. I bought this replacement and easily moved the blade from the old pitcher to the new one. The top of the new pitcher is actually an improved design which makes removal of the lid much easier, my only issue with the old design. Yay!
review image review image review image
I am reviewing the 32 oz. container, it keeps coming up for the 64. Anyway...
I have a 5000, and I love it but the old container got a hole in it, how? I have not clue, the blades are fine but it was also very cloudy which does not make it all that appetizing.
This arrived in no time at all. I could not wait to try it. I took it out of the box and rinsed it is hot soapy water as suggested and started to disengage the blade with the enclosed (free) wrench. Remember this does NOT come with the blades you must used your old ones. It was very easy to unscrew, I changed the container, screwing it onto the new one was just as easy. I filled it part way with water to make sure it was not leaking and it was fine.

I filled it with my green smoothie ingredients and turned it on, it was so cool, it's a mini Vita Mix container and it was so shiny and new. I do not know what I was waiting for.
For this price you cannot go wrong, I may just get the larger one just in case. Although for me, this one (32oz) is just fine I never make anything over two quarts anyway.
If you are thinking of changing this and have issues don't worry this will be fine it fits snuggly and is very easy to use, the lid is different from my other one this ne actually grips the tops so it does not come off.
The only thing you have to watch for is the tamper, the tamper that works for the 64 oz. will not work completely in the 32 oz. one. You will have to be very careful not to let the tamper go all the way done, it will hit the blades.
So if you do not need to replace the blades this is a very economical ways to get a new container. I love it.
on July 13, 2009
I ordered this 32 oz. replacement container for a Vitamix 5000 unit that we purchased in the mid 1990's. Since I live in Japan and the shipping costs were prohibitive, I had a friend who was coming to Japan bring it with when she came. It was a bit of a surprise when I tried to move the blade to the new container because the heavy weight blade nut that holds the blade in place is too big for this container. I called Vitamix customer service and a very nice customer service representative offered to send me a new smaller blade nut. She said she wished they would write something upfront about this problem in the product description. Couldn't agree more, but I was thankful for the excellent customer service.
on March 3, 2012
This worked exactly as described. Good fit and finish, the blade assembly fit well and the tool worked great. I have had not problems with the container since it's installation. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a replacement container for their vitamix.
on July 7, 2012
I was skeptical at first having read reviews by others claiming problems using this as a replacement container. I have a mid 1990's Vitamix 5000 that was cracked. After shopping around on the net and ebay I found that Amazon had the best price and free shipping via Prime. I took a chance and it payed off. This container works great. I got it within 48hours, and it took maybe 5 minutes to change out the blade using the included wrench. Very easy job. Put a few drops of soap and some water in the new container to clean it and test for leaks and it worked perfectly. Thanks Amazon for a great price on a great product!
on January 19, 2009
love this container, it is easier to clean and the top much easier to remove than the older style (I have the 5000). It also takes up less counter space, since it came with the wrench I also have the option of using the 64 oz. container that I am storing.
on May 2, 2012
I have a Vitamix from QVC a couple of years ago and I like it but didn't use it as much as I thought that I would because it would not fit under my cabinets . For $39 that problem has been solved. I took the blades of the 64 ounce container and put them on the 32 ounce. I have stowed the 64 ounce so that I can use it as needed.
on November 18, 2013
After my original Vitamix container shattered after a freak accident, I quickly went online to find a replacement. I felt terrible when the container shattered because I make healthy smoothies daily and feel they are vital to my health! So I was so happy and relieved to find this affordable replacement.

Arrived quickly and looks nice after my other was pretty dull and discolored with my heavy use.

Now be aware there are no blades on the bottom, so you have to rescue the blades from your old pitcher or buy it separately.