Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Size: 4 oz|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 4, 2012
NOW Foods makes terrific natural oil products, and I have two that I particularly count on: the peppermint oil, which is great for repelling mice and spiders in winter, and this sweet orange oil, which is super for repelling all manner of summer bugs including mosquitoes, bees, ants etc. My method of application is to pour some of the orange oil onto a cotton ball or paper towel, and then rub liberally on the entrance door bottom baffle, up the sides of the entrance door, and and on bottom of window frames, and if you have any in-house bugs, to rub it around the bottom wall borders where you have seen the bugs. A second method of application is to pour the bottle's contents into a small spray bottle (the type you find in a store's dollar aisle) and spray it on instead of rubbing, using a paper towel to wipe any drip lines. This oil acts as a barrier to discourage bugs from entering your home, as they absolutely hate the smell of orange oil. There is a faint orange smell that dissipates after an hour or so, and just remember to reapply after a rain for the outdoor applications. A pleasant all natural bug repellent.
88 comments|238 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2012
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. I'm very satisfied with the purchase. The dropper was never an issue. I used a straw, dipped one end in the oil, seal the other end with my finger and VOILA! an instant dropper.
33 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2014
I added this to my avocado carrier oil 12 ounces about 12 drops per ounce and the avocado oil smells so good like fresh oranges.I'm also gonna add about 24 drops to my 2 ounce bottle of organic jojoba oil for my face since Ive heard it can brighten the skin and clean the pores.Just make sure if you do add it to a carrier oil you only do it at night since oranges and other citrus fruits are photo toxic and will damage skin in sunlight.Orange oil also is a anti depressant,anti-inflammatory, eliminates toxins and stimulates the lymphatic system, while supporting collagen formation in the skin. I already had a glass dropper but it would be nice if it also came with one.Overall very happy with the oil and with the Now foods company.Will buy more.
review image review image
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2010
I use this oil in my diffuser as an air freshner. It has a very good scent that smells like natural orange (not like a chemical or a synthetic). It lasts a long time.
on October 3, 2011
I was recommended the following recipe to get rid of annoying ants: 1 part of orange oil, 20 parts of water, and then spray generously into every crevice and corner that you see the ants crawl into or out of. It worked for me, no more ant problems since I did just that.
0Comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2010
This stuff is great! It smells delightful and the mice do not like the smell.
22 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2009
I use this in my homemade body oil. The aroma is lasting and the 4 oz goes a long way because you only need a touch.
on February 28, 2012
I bought this for my scentsy plug in unit. Goodness it smells great.
I put a drop in the warmer with a little water and it smells exactly like I just peeled a fragrant orange.
Awesome!
on September 24, 2011
I've purchased orange oils before, and this one is one of the best. I think when orange essential oil has been sitting on the shelf too long, the smell changes to an almost artificial scent, and some of the other oils I have purchased have the "old scent." This essential orange oil smells just like an orange peel - sweet and fresh!
on February 21, 2014
Don't get it. I buy alot of oils. I buy real essential oils, as well as the cheaper fragrances. This oil is cut real bad with some kind of waxy substance, and who knows what. If you warm this oil to use as aromatherapy and make the house smell nice, it will do that for a short while, then after the initial scent breaks down, you end up with a rotten orange smell. The worse part is the mess it leaves behind in the warming dish.
The oil has alot of wax or some other type of substance that gets left behind. Whatever they use to cut this with is very nasty and not what I want to be breathing. Now, I can't explain all these positive reviews on this, but there is a reason this big bottle sells for so little. It's not real, and not even close. If you want real orange oil, uncut, look elsewhere. If people are not warming this, then they have no idea what other unknown substances are added to this. For those that have left a good review on this product, I would say, you either work for this company, or you have not put this in a warming dish. Try heating this and then let us know what you think. You will find a heavy waxy buildup in the dish, and that is not what we need in our lungs.

This company used to sell decent oils, but has now taken the fast path to making their money, and they are now not worth dealing with. This is about the 5th time they have sold me an oil that either smelled nothing like it should or an oil that just smelled rotten. If you want great fragrances, get them from Eternal Essence oils. Their Orange/Cream oil is great! And it's only $3.00 for 10mm. And, if you want real essential oils, try Ananda Apothocary or the Perfumers Apprentice. Now is adding nasty stuff to their oils and I will not buy any of their stuff again. I do not work for any oil company and all my suggestions are my own based on my own experience.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Last night I added just 3 drops of this oil to my 7 year old granddaughters bath water. She instantly had a very bad skin reaction and jumped out of the water crying. Her legs were red and itching and burning from this oil. I had to run cold water and wash this off her and apply skin cream to cool it down. It was terrible, and I caught he-- from her mom. I have used many fragrance oils in my bathes, and never had this happen. Do not use this in any soap or creams for your skin and/or any bath water and do not apply this to the skin directly. It's possible I got a bad batch, but why chance it, and especially with the kids? I give up on this company NOW completely! Whatever they are cutting this oil with is now more then just nasty, but dangerous!
77 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse