Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Size: Ltr, 9-7/8x11-3/4|Change

on April 11, 2012
This product is an absolute investment! I love to be organized and this has helped me do just that! I always have multiple projects going on and I need to keep track of what's what. This folder allows me to stay organized without having to look for my important documents. In addition to being very useful, I am also suprised at how sturdy this folder is to be "paper". I use it daily and I can tell you that I have replaced mine just once in well over a full year of daily use and truth be told it didn't need replacing! I also prefer the paper to plastic because it is more eco-friendly.

The bottom line is this: if you have multiple projects or tasks going on and you want a way to keep it all organized, look no further! This is not a $1 folder and there is a reason it is a bit more pricey than traditional folders. You get what you pay for and I can tell you from daily experiance this folder is WELL worth the investment. I have purchased several of these for myself (my own little stash) as well as given several to my work colleagues and they all have enjoyed them! I am a firm believer in these folders and I hope this review helps you make an informed decision.

Good luck!
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Package Quantity: 1|Size: Ltr, 9-7/8x11-3/4|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
How does this improve on a manila folder, a binder, or a page organizer? The same dimensions as a folder, with a slight expansion for the numbered tabs on the right, it holds more papers efficiently. Unlike a manila or three-sides closed folder with room for expansion, it can separate papers into ten diagonally cut pocketed sections, so they can be easily retrieved or stored. Unlike a page organizer such as a thin loose-leaf binder, there is no punching of holes or placement into plastic covers necessary.

While the paper and not plastic material will not repel water, it's easier to write on the cardboard inserts notes about the project or documents within the ten sub-dividers. Holes are drilled through the entire folder. These enable you to hold it when carrying it with a couple of fingers, or to grasp it from behind when opening it close up or lifted, although the primary reason may allow the user to see through it to check if documents are ahead or behind the place to which the folder is opened.

I use the small folders to tuck in lots of documents in a three-sided closed or manila design, but I can now use this Project Organizer instead to carry around fewer documents in bulk but more in diversity, for smaller projects needing this combination of portability and compactness.
I have to admit that I was more than a little stymied when I first received this product. It promises to "Easily organize project paperwork," but for the first week, every time I looked at it, my mind went totally blank. What was it and what did one do with it? I might as well have been looking at the Large Hadron Collider. I just didn't have a clue. Then something happened that forced me to examine it. The organizer fell from my desk to the floor along with an avalanche of large and small papers. I was trapped! I had to pick it up along with all the papers before my dog got there and took care of things.

So, this is a letter sized accordion file constructed of stiff cardboard. There are 10 interior numbered and tabbed pages, each with a generous pocket. The inner cover is printed in black with ruled boxes that encourage the user to identify and describe a project. There are lines to enter dates, tasks, and contacts. The front of each of the interior pocket is printed with multiple lines for notes. But how to use it?

It suddenly hit me that I could take a few Post-its (or whatever) and write the names of various projects and tasks on them....like "SF Trip,"
"Car Repair," and "New Fridge" and place them over the numbered tabs. Then I started to pick up the papers scattered around my floor and stuff each one into the appropriate pocket. Amazing! It was extremely tough work but I was highly motivated.

The end result is that at least one part of my desk is clear and the Project Organizer is working hard, doing its job.

Aha! Now I get it!
33 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 23, 2013
This project folder easily organizes paperwork for quick access. It has ten folder pockets made of heavy card stock, each labeled with a number tab and room for a more descriptive label. The pockets also have a "notes" section and two quarter-size holes for easy removal of supporting documentation. The inside front cover is printed with easily readable information: Project Name/Description, Project Contact Information, and "task/action/follow-up" columns. The folder made of recycled content is also a product of the sustainable forestry initiative. My only suggestion would be to have created twelve pockets so that it could be used as a monthly organizer. I am retired now, but in my working days I would have liked using such a folder. Now, I will use this Project Organizer to facilitate my upcoming house move.
on June 8, 2011
I ordered one of these organizers and found it so helpful that I have ordered more! No more piles of papers on desks and tables. It's sturdy enough for my purposes. If the expansion joints eventually wear thin from use, there's always Gorilla tape! I don't expect to have to use tape anytime soon though. I'm very pleased with this purcahse.
on January 30, 2013
If you are looking for an organizer for projects, job applications, research papers, homework, remodeling contracts, decorating ideas, etc., etc., this item is worthy of consideration. What is especially appealing about this organizer is that it's expandable. Unfortunately, the sleeve pockets themselves are not expandable. As a result, although the entire organizer can expand, the number of papers that will comfortably fit in each sleeve is going to be limited to 30-50 pages (depending on the pound of paper used).

Great idea with endless possible uses. For me, my options are limited because the sleeve pockets don't expand. Hence the 3* rating rather than a higher one.

HINT: Use a sharp, hard pencil to write in the organizer, not a pen. Compared to a soft pencil, a hard pencil is resistant to smudging. Moreover, if you want to reuse the organizer, just erase the notes inside.
on August 16, 2009
This is a handy dandy little item. I use it everyday at the office and it has totally reduced my stress. Only thing is- I wish the whole thing were made of plastic. It should be for the price!
VINE VOICEon March 26, 2013
I'm not working, but I use this organizer to organize my home life. While I like to use technology (the internet, smartphone apps, etc.), there are some times when pen and paper just work better for me.

Each of the 10 tabs is a separate organization area (obviously) and you can write on the front of the pages. I like that it's paper (like a thick cardboard) instead of a plastic-y material, although I do realize that paper won't last as long. My only wish, considering that it IS paper, is that the writing areas were somehow reusable - in case you were switching projects or was able to cross something off one of your lists.

The binder is think enough that I carry it daily in my to-go bag which leaves the house whenever I do, and it still shows no signs of wear except where I accidentally got it wet, and it only shows a minor discoloration.

The bottom line is that this Smead project organizer is not limited to a work environment. If you need to organize any sort of paperwork and have more than 2 or 3 categories, it should work for you.
on May 15, 2013
I was initially planning on giving this to my very disorganized teenager. However, when I saw it, I realized it was perfect for me to carry to my project meetings, allowing me to leave heavy project binders behind. There are 10 different sections that can room for notes and clearly divided tabs. The folders allow me a place to on the fly place notes or other papers for review later. It is fairly expandable (great for me, a liability for my disorganized son who is not motivated to organize things). It is sturdy enough for my purposes and has worked well for a couple months now without showing too much wear. It is cardboard, so I do not think it would have stood up to the abuse bestowed on it by my backpack stuffing offspring. I will however purchase a couple more for him for next school year. I also got an additional one for home. It works really well as a pre-filing spot for things I need to review, bills I need to file, papers I need to fill out, and school documents. It actually is PERFECT for this purpose.

Bottom line: You will get one. You will get another one because you will find another use for it. Great for home use, college use, work use, and probably high school use as well. My only concern is I do not think it will withstand really heavy use (like my son's backpack) or situations where it could get wet.
on March 12, 2013
I am definitely addicted to organizing products, and I think this is a cut above other options, such as binders or accordian folders. I used this project folder to organize a photography class I'm teaching -- a pocket for each lesson, plus one pocket for class roster, etc... The thing that makes this so useful is how lightweight and portable it is, and how easily accessible your papers are. The vertical pocket folder, which slants inward, is pretty brilliant, as papers slide in and out so easily and yet are really safe if you accidentally drop the organizer.

I know it would raise the cost, but I would love if the pockets were laminated so that you could use a dry-erase marker to label them and reuse them.

Anyway, very useful pocket folder.

ETA: omg, when you overstuff a pocket, the back of the folder EXPANDS like an accordian. That is an awesome feature. My folder is still going strong and I love it.