Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on October 31, 2008
I bought the mini after using one in a hotel. It is perfect for my classroom--the coffee is always hot and brews perfectly. The selection of K-cups is great and they are reasonably priced--about 50 cents a cup. Love, love, love this machine--def. worth the money!
on March 4, 2011
I purchased this brewing system for my mother about a year ago because she didn't always want to brew an entire pot of coffee; and her Keurig Platinum was just to big to keep in a convenient location (like next to the bed). This little brewer sacrifices some features that the Platinum and Gourmet models have but also comes in at cheaper price than the B60 or Platinum. This brewer has many positives but also has a few negatives I will outline based on my mother's continuous use for over a year

- The B30 is small, and brews a quiet cup of coffee(until the last few moments). Because of this it can pretty much fit anywhere she wants around the house so if she is sick of it in one spot, she can move it over to another w/o to much of a hassle.
- Very simple system. 1. Press top silver button to open the K-Cup slot. 2. Insert a K-cup or a custom cup with your coffee in it 3. Close the lid which opens the water compartment 4. pour in the amount of water you want it to brew with(This leads me to another positive) 5. Hit the BREW button and you are set
- You can vary the water. By having just a brew button if you want your K-Cup to produce 4oz of coffee instead of 6 all you do is just fill the back with 4oz of water. Simple as that. My mother loves a strong cup of coffee and having the ability to adjust the water helps her strengthen or weaken her coffee to taste.
- Very Durable. After over a year of constant use this little brewer keeps on ticking and brews a delicious cup of coffee as good as day one.
- Can brew multiple things. Coffee, Tea, Hot Cocoa etc. I've actually made hot cocoa just by putting the hot cocoa powder into a cup and having the B30 brew me hot water. It is faster than doing it on the stove

- Last few moments of a brew could get noisy (sounds like you are trying to get the last drops of liquid out of your soda cup with a straw)
- While the system is "simple" it lacks the ability to do some higher quality style coffees like Cappuccino, frothing milk etc
- Requires you fill it with water for each use. (while my mother enjoys this feature I could see it being a bit tedious)

** Overall this is a very good Single-Serve system that has lasted over a year now and continues to brew like a champ. For what this brew system does it deserves 4 stars for both quality and durability; as well as ease of use. Why not 5 stars you ask?
Well is this brew system for everyone? NO. ** This is meant to be a SIMPLE single cup brew system; for people who only want a nice simple cup of coffee, cocoa, tea, etc. Even so a lack of water storage is kind of a let down as even a $5 coffee pot has this **

If you are looking for a more advanced single cup brewer, the B40 or B60 is the one you will want. While they are more money, both have a few more features that make it a more flexible machine

B30 - for a nice simple cup of coffee/tea/hot coca w/ the ability to control the amount of water you brew with
B40 - B30 + water tank + 2 brew modes
B60 - B40 + 1 extra brew mode + digital display read-out (For the coffee lover who wants a truly serious cup of coffee)
[ my final score for this brewer is a 3.8, but since there is no 3.8 star option or 3 1/2 star option **** out of 5 is being fair and generous ]
on August 10, 2010
Don't buy this product. Well, you can't anyway since they don't make it anymore. I have had my coffee brewer less than a year. It doesn't work anymore because the cup detector on the machine went bad. If the brewer does not detect a cup in the tray, it will not function. When I went to the website, I noticed that they don't make the brewers with the cup detectors anymore. It is probably because they go bad in less than a year. This company was not willing to help with the situation. Guess I wasted my money on this. Now I am stuck with a bunch of coffee k-cups that I can no longer use. Don't buy anything from these people! The don't care!
on February 4, 2010
My daughter bought this for me last Christmas. I've always wanted a pod coffee brewer & I was so excited! but guess what? after roughly one month of use i saw the brewing would stop halfway & i had to restart the brewing again to get a full cup. This has only gotten worse over time - i just got up to reset the brewing for the fourth time! took sooo long to get a cup of coffee today! aside from that, my coffee is always lukewarm. I'm sad because i'll never get an diff model - this was considered a luxury gift for me!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2009
After reading all amazon reviews I decided to buy the Mini locally at Bed Bath and Beyond on Black Friday, at 20% off. I was withholding judgement; but after using it for 5 days my enthusiasm needs an outlet, so I'm writing this review.

The first included coffee sample I tried went down the drain. I thought the taste was awful. However when I tried some Newman's special decaf I'd bought it was very good. It's obviously important to find a coffee that suits one's taste.

The temperature to me seems perfect, and I like things hot if they are meant to be consumed hot. The manual says to make sure it's the only appliance on a socket and ideally on circuit or it might not function well; this may possibly be behind variance in reported temps.

The manual also says the unit is for commercial as well as household use, which impresses me. It has a very sturdy presence. I gently stop the compartments before they pop all the way open to minimize strain on the latches. The speed and simplicity of use is a great pleasure. The coffee is far above average, and prep and cleanup are painless.

I tried an included tea sample yesterday (Bigelow Earl Grey). I didn't expect that I'd be using this machine to make tea. I love tea; I was taught to make a proper cup at my mother's knee, so to speak, and I didn't think the Keurig's method would work. I was really surprised to get a superior cup of tea. It also just presented unusually good peppermint tea from a teabag used in the My K-cup unit, which I bought through amazon for $8.99. This is much quicker than traditional tea brewing, and the finished tea is nice and hot.

It's enjoyable to take a break that really is a break with a cup of coffee or tea. The simple ceremony involved in brewing with the the Keurig is quite enough for me, and the short brewing delay is just right. It's lovely to have no more niggling chores associated with making that cup to relax with. I wipe the two chambers lightly with a paper towel after use and leave them open to air, and give the K-cup holder a quick wash now and then. Under these circumstances it's actually a pleasure to wash my cup when I'm finished.

Glad to have this wonderful machine. I bought locally from a store with a good return policy just in case it proves defective, but I don't expect any problems from it. I have great confidence in it and think it is well worth its cost.

Update 6/26/10: On quality of coffee: I live 30 miles from the outskirts of a good sized city with lots of competitive minimarts and coffee/espresso stands. I used to buy a cup of coffee at the end of every supply run to enjoy on my long drive home. I'd found some pretty good sources for that. After getting used to the coffee my Keurig makes, however, I find the coffees I was getting in town are now really not even drinkable. I much prefer to wait until I get home where I can get a truly good cup of coffee.
on November 16, 2008
I keep this on my desk at work. It is a little noisy towards the end of the brew, but definitely much quieter than the full size Keurig machine I have at home.

Very easy to use and I have a freshly brewed hot drink of my choice whenever I'm in the mood. I love my little mini Keurig!
on November 8, 2010
This is GREAT for the desk. I just set it up this morning and had a three cups already. It came with some Earl Grey tea, so I decided to have some fun with a co-worker. I timed it to the stat of the brew cycle then loaded it up on the sly. about ten seconds before the brew started I drew attention to myself and said, in my best Jean-luc Piccard, "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot!" It started to squirt out the tea on "queue".

I'm a geek, not a nerd. There is a difference. Not one that will get you a date... but a difference nonetheless.

I am kind of a coffee snob and so far I have tried Timothy's Italian Blend(weak, stale), Green Mountain Nantucket (good, rich), and Green Mountain Dark Magic (Strong, VERY rich). This machine makes great coffee! I know it's just "pour over", but it has the body and clarity of press. Nice.

Also, the Tea has no residual coffee flavor eventhough I didn't clean anything between brewing coffee and tea.

Happy camper
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2010
If this product worked as well as expected then it would get 5 stars. I like that it's easy to use especially since I am the only coffee drinker in my house. The flavors are good, although I think they are somewhat expensive, still cheaper than starbucks. It has a lot of positive aspects except it never works correctly. More often than not it will go through the brew cycle only to leave me with no coffee. I've had to take it apart a few times. I've never found a problem but after taking it apart it will work again. The pods sometimes explode leaving grinds in the cup which means a wasted pod. This happened to me yet again this morning and is what compelled me to write this review. After I started another cup it only brewed 1/2 a cup. I wish this machine worked great. Unfortunately I have had it less than a year, so I do not plan to replace.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I love the Keurig K-cup coffees. I had an "elite" brewer in my old apartment. I got a mini for my new apartment because I didn't want to pay the price for the more advanced "elite" brewer. I'm finding the mini OK, but it's not nearly as good as the "elite" one. This machine can only handle one cup at a time. You have to refill it with water every time you want a new cup. There are no settings to automatically set the brewer to make a certain sized cup. Also, it takes a while to heat the water. It's certainly not a bad machine, but it's probably not worth saving $20-30 bucks by getting this one if you drink a lot of coffee.
on December 14, 2008
I received this as a gift . I had been leaning towards a "one-cup" system for a while now . When I opened the box I was immediately ecstatic as to the machines looks and quality workmanship . I popped in a "Newman's Own" Special Blend/Extra Bold , and (after making my own coffee for 30+ years)had the best cup of coffee I EVER made .
If I could rate this product 6 stars , I would .