Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: RoomMates RMK1153BCS Marvel Heroes Peel & Stick Border
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on June 12, 2011
My 4 year old son is in the super hero phase as you all know very well. In decorating his room around the Marvel Super Hero theme, this was a perfect accesory. It holds fairly well to the wall and can also be removed easily without stripping the paint off, since he will outgrow this phase at some point. I have to say the artwork is good and the fact it's temporary and can be removed is a great option to have. The only issue I have is the artwork of Spiderman shows his webbing which also looks like there is a physical seperation in the wall border, like a tear. Since Spiderman's depiction is repeated throughout the borderk it looks like there are tears throughout the border. But it's just the way the artwork looks from afar.
on November 3, 2011
Ordered this for our son's room. He is a big superhero fan. He is 5 and I think a little too young for this. I wanted Mickey Mouse or Toy Story but I was outvoted. One of the issues is that these characters really don't appear on movies or tv shows (appropriate for little guys).

Anyway...we painted the bottom half of the room purple and the top half blue. Both colors match the purple and blue in the border. You can get paint that matches exactly at Home Depot in their Disney collection. Perfect match..no custom color needed. They have the swatches so you can compare before buying the paint.

Applying the border was easy. Two people made it easier. Peel off the backing and apply. Of course you want to make a line or marks to guide you so it is level. We ended in the inside corners rather than try and turn the inside corner in one piece. That almost always throws you off coming out of the corner. This is not necessary for outside corners. The adhesive is not like contact paper..you can reposition it and it will still stick..or conversely if you stick it once it does not remain forever in the wrong place you put it.

All in all not bad. The colors we painted the rooms really brought out the border. We put the individual character stick ons we also bought when we bought the border on the upper blue pain only and we tried to theme them...Fantastic Four...Batman, etc. Looks cool. I would have prefered the sports balls but....2 to 1..outvoted.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2012
With the Peel-n-Stick feature I was able to easily apply the wall border to my grandsons wall that was freshly painted just a two weeks earlier. However...it fell off the wall less than a week later. I was pleased with the product appearance: bright colors, accurate printing detail, sturdiness of the paper. Rather than throwing my money in the trash along with this border, I will try gluing, taping, and/or tacking the border back on the wall. I would advice not buying this item unless you have an alternate plan for attaching it to the wall. Very disappointing.
on April 9, 2013
If you order more than one roll, beware that the ink colors can vary. One roll of my 3 had a quite purple bottom half and the other 2 rolls had more reddish-purple bottoms. Luckily I was able to separate the 2 variations with different walls so it's not so noticeable but I ordered 3 batman border rolls and all 3 looked so different I wasn't able to use any of them. Request some quality control if you order more than 1.
on March 27, 2012
I ordered this product as a gift for a friends child, she is redoing his room in comic book characters and I thought this would make the perfect addition. It arrived timely and well packaged from the seller.

When I opened it, the colors were vibrant, not in the least bit dark or faded but with perfect colors for a five year old boy.

There are clear instructions for prep and for application which I appreciate as we have never applied a border before. The measurements were accurate, whcih believe it or not is something you do have to worry about. This had plenty to spare, which was our goal.

I would recommend this product to anyone looknig to brighten up a little boys room, it is the perfect touch!
on August 14, 2014
THESE DO NOT STICK ON THE WALL! I tried everything to get the border to stay up, nothing worked. I called customer service for Roommates and talked to Liz, who was so rude. (On 8/13/14 at about 10:20am) Horrible customer service. Well I found out you can not have a textured wall. We have the sand texture on our walls. I bought this product 2 years ago, there were no warnings stated about the product only working for smooth walls. This should be a glaring warning! Since MANY people have textured walls, why even make a product that only works for a limited number of people. I can not return them because like I said I ordered them 2 years ago. We built a second story addition with new bedrooms but the economy hit us hard and only now are able to complete it, hence being 2 years later that I had a chance to use the product. My main issue is that no where was it clear that this border would not work for textured walls and the horrible customer service I received for any solutions to make this work. Since I can not return these and I spent $75 in borders and stickers from Roommates, I did not want to waste my money but looks like I have no choice.
on December 17, 2012
I bought this for my 5 year old sons room, and he now has batman, green lantern, and a bunch of Marvel characters, he now says that he has the coolest room ever, and I think it is pretty darn cool myself, I recommend this for anyone!!!
on July 31, 2011
I have my son's room all decked out in a superhero theme and this border brings my blue and yellow walls together. I was pleasantly surprised that even with my textured walls, I have had no trouble with the adhesive whatsoever peeling as I have had with my daughter's Tinkerbell themed room. The other thing I liked was the ease of use in how I simply free handed the border all the way around my son's room and smoothed it down with my hand, doesn't get much easier then that!
review image review image
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2013
I bought these when I transformed my son's bedroom into a Marvel Super Heros bedroom in 2010. We recently moved so I ordered these for our new place. I combined these with three sets of wall decals and my kids room is way cool.
on August 22, 2011
I bought this border for my boys' room. The walls there are slightly textured, with smooth bumps, and painted flat. The border was easy to install, and looked great while it was up (about 3 weeks).
Then there was a power failure for 2 hours. I live in Houston, TX, which gets extremely hot and humid in the summer, and this was in August. The border came down, starting at a room corner with an outside wall, which would get the hottest. After power (and AC!) were restored, I put the border back up, but it came off after a few hours this time, presumably due to deterioration of the glue - when the border comes down it sticks to itself and it is hard to get apart again. I ended up tossing it, a $30 loss due to the size of the room.
Don't know whether it is the heat or humidity or the combination of both with the slightly textured walls, but it did not work for me. I do have the Marvel superhero decals made by the same company, and have not had any problems with them. Of course they are much smaller and do not have to carry the same weight.