Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on January 16, 2011
I bought this kettle less than a year ago and was so pleased with the price and with its appearance. Now, though, I wish I had spent the extra money and bought a better quality kettle, like I have to today. The inside of the kettle is already rusted. If I were a better housekeeper, I would wash and dry this kettle after each use. However, I do not and will not ever do that, so I am now going to buy a kettle I don't have to baby.
33 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2011
this is a good teakettle but you would think they would make a whistle for it.
The seller i would not use again tho. they would not give me a tracking number for this item or update this order.I had no idea if it would come for christmas or not.

UPDATE April 1 2012...

Love the tea kettle.still workes great,no rust,no cracks,no nothing
great for the price!
on March 18, 2014
I really loved this kettle, until the enamel started chipping off after a month. I read a previous review that said the same thing, I guess I should have listened to them.
on April 19, 2013
I liked the looks of the kettle (shape) - I had been looking for a more old-fashioned looking kettle like this and they seem to be hard to find. It did have small areas of imperfect enamel application along the rims and spout, but not enough to complain about, just enough to seem of lesser quality. My problem was that it left a white, shiny oval on my ceramic cooktop the very first time I used it, which I can't get off. I followed all the directions (wash it first, don't use the highest heat, don't leave it on the stove after you've boiled water, etc) and it has still marred my cooktop. I'm very upset about it, as I have always used a porcelain enamel kettle in the past, and never had a problem. I'm sure this kettle would be fine for a gas stove or coil electric burners.
on January 17, 2012
This pot is so so cute, AND... don't know if it's a manufacturing thing or not BUT it has deposits and a loose ring on the pot, right under the lid. I'm not sure whether it's dangerous or not that the little silver ring actually moves and spins but I'm sure it's not right that it does. I'm fairly confident that the seller will not replace this pot since I've had it about 45 days or so. For the money, it gets a score of 2 / 10
on May 25, 2014
My daughter bought this for me for Christmas. I love the style and color. Unfortunately, it has already burned a hole right through it from daily use. Kettles like this one should last for years. I won't purchase another from this company.
on December 6, 2013
Originally, I would have rated this 5 stars for its classy look in my red kitchen...and the only reason it's not a "1-star" is again, the look. I wish this kettle came with a whistle, and the bottom was not painted - which are the two biggest flaws in this product.

I bought this item less than 6 months ago. In that time, I once let it boil nearly dry, and some of the red enamel on the bottom 'melted' onto the electric element - permanently. Because it was only a slight melt, and the rest of the kettle seemed fine, I continued to use it. But tonight...distracted again, I let it really boil dry (NO WHISTLE) - and it ruined not only the kettle, but also the burner element!! I'm re-ordering both tonight - but I'm going with another kettle. Not only would the whistle have been a saver...but also because the bottom of this kettle is NOT in stainless steel, but in the red color, the red melts off onto any burning element when overheated. Also, the handle itself was literally 'boiling' on the stove-top at the seam - crazy! I managed to pry the kettle free of the element with a stainless steel spatula, but the mess...and the smell - yikes!

In the future, i'll be going with a stainless steel (non-painted) bottom, and a whistle...
on November 10, 2013
This is a fairly nice kettle, I've had it for months. It boils water at reasonable speed, doesn't dribble or drizzle while pouring and generally seems to be a serviceable kettle. I only wish it had a whistle because it's easy to forget about it on the stove.
on December 30, 2012
It's a very nice kettle, deep red color and quite sturdy. I didn't notice when I bought it that is doesn't whistle so if you're not watching for the steam it could easily boil dry.
on March 15, 2013
This is the first tea pot I have purchased, but not the first I have used. The fact that the handle is rigid (does not fold down) seemed strange, but then I realized it is quite funciton in that you can easily pull the (otherwise very tight fitting) lid off with your fingers as you rest your palm on the handle - kind of a trigger-pull motion. This is just a heavy, solid tea kettle in a world of cheap, light kitchen goods.