Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on September 18, 2013
First let me say that there are several of these Dora Backpacks on Amazon, sold by different sellers, and if you look closely you'll notice that they are not identical, so it's not the exact same product being sold by different vendors. THIS BACKPACK DOES NOT CONTAIN HARMFUL CHEMICALS, NOR HAVE A TAG STATING IT CONTAINS CHEMICALS KNOWN TO CAUSE CANCER!! THAT IS A DIFFERENT DORA'S BACKPACK, MADE BY A DIFFERENT COMPANY, BEING SOLD BY A DIFFERENT VENDOR!! I did TONS of research regarding this issue before I ordered this one! I received it today and I checked it over inside and out, extremely thoroughly, as I would NEVER take a chance on giving a toy that was potentially harmful to my two year old granddaughter!! That being said, I am sooooo in love with this backpack!! It looks exactly like the one Dora has on the television show, and so does Map! Map is tucked into one of the side pockets of the backpack, and while it's securely attached to the backpack so that it can't be lost, it comes out far enough to be opened and studied by your toddler, and on the reverse side it even has a little "task" (asking for your toddler to help Dora find her birthday party). I was very surprised to find that it can actually be worn as a backpack! I thought it was simply a plush toy that looked like Dora's backpack, but had little pockets. But it has adjustable straps, and can be worn as an actual backpack, and it's the perfect size for a toddler! It's very well made, extremely high quality, with two side pockets and the main large compartment, which has a Velcro closure. It's small enough for a two year old, yet large enough that the three Beanie Babies I ordered with it (Dora, Boots, and Swiper) fit inside just fine and there's even room for one or two more toys of similar size. My granddaughter is so in love with Dora and her buddies--I am so excited to give her her Dora Backpack that's filled with Dora and her pals when I see her in two days!! And I have absolutely no concerns that this backpack is dangerous to my granddaughters health, I would NEVER put her at risk that way!! She's the love of our lives!! So it is with a clear conscious that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this Dora Backpack for your little Dora lover! I would buy it again if I had another grandchild to give one to!
22 comments129 of 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2010
This item just arrived, a gift for my 2 year-old son. He was thrilled when he saw it. It was therefore terribly upsetting to discover the following warning (in tiny print) on one of the product labels: "WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm." This warning follows the requirements of California Proposition 65 (ample material about it on the web). This warning is, of course, unacceptably vague. However, no caring parent would risk exposing their child to a toxic substance. This morning, my son woke up asking for his backpack. I am saddened, angered, and frustrated that he and I have been put in this position by inadequate regulation of toy safety (the backpack is made in China) and inadequate disclosure (both on the toy tag and on the Amazon website) identifying the specific potential risk.
4343 comments479 of 600 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2013
Amazon has 2 backpacks from dora and numerous sellers if people made sure they were reviewing the correct item and included the seller they purchased from it would be much more helpful once I recieve this item I will include that in my review I did a lot of research and hope very much that the one im getting doesnt contain dangrrous materials or chemicals but if u want to write a good review including the seller and being 100% sure your reviwing the correct product would be helpful

Update
We recieved our backpack from hobby hunters and no cancer warning even my son was excited about this toy I will have to order the diego backpack now that I know it is a safe product my 18 month old daughter is so happy with this toy she is putting all her dora dolls in it and running around the toy came on time and it is the perfect size for my 3yr old son as well plus they can use this to carry toys but they have just as much fun playing with the bag how awesome love this bag
on February 22, 2015
Wonderful backpack for my three year old daughter, who loves watching Dora on TV. The backpack is fabric, which will make it machine washable. Meaning it will be so much easier to throw it in the washing machine, rather than having to spot scrub it yourself in the event of a mess. The backpack comes with adjustable straps, and the map. The map is attached with a string to a side pocket, which my daughter didn't like because she couldn't pull it out and look at it comfortably while wearing the backpack. I solved the problem by simply untying the attached knot. A velcro patch keeps the flap in place. It expands quite a bit for her to fit a lot of stuff into it. The vinyl, mess proof, plastic covered map comes with a really cool adventure that Dora and boots have to go on to get to her birthday party, where her family is waiting for her.
review image review image review image
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2007
I bought this bag for my 2-year-old son. Dora the Explorer is one of his favorite TV programs broadcasting in Taiwan. This bag is small but fit his little toys. I think it's a good bag for little kids.
0Comment23 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2013
We were worried after reading the negative reviews of dangerous chemicals... but this back pack is wonderful. I cannot find this warning others speak of inside her bag. There is no odor with the bag. It is lined with a thin nylon type material that should be great for cleaning up messes. It is big enough for my daughter to fit her light-weight blankie, small stuffed animal, snacks and a few small toys in. She also keeps unfolding the map, pretends to study it and puts it away again. So cute! We are very pleased.
0Comment26 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2011
I found the site clarifying the nature of the toxic material mentioned by other reviewers:
[...]

It does not violate toy safety law, but the chemical is toxic. This is a chemical present in countless consumer products.
22 comments26 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2012
I bought this for my 21 month old granddaughter, who loves to watch Dora the Explorer. She loves "backpack and map" and shows it to the tv screen when Dora is on. Very cute toy, well made also. Worth every penny =)
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2010
I was so excited to give this toy to my 3 year old who LOVES dora and backpack. It is an adorable looking backpack...everything we wanted. But after I opened it, I just happened to read the tag on it and in very small print it reads, "Warning! This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm." I cannot believe that this product is being sold with such a warning! I immediately put it back in its package and am sending it back. Global Design Concepts makes this product and I have tried to call them about it but I never can talk to a person. So, please beware if you choose to buy this!
77 comments190 of 256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2007
I bought this bag for my 3 year old daughter this Christmas. She loves Dora and has been asking for this backpack for the longest time. She was thrilled when she got it but when she wanted to put a book in it and a folder, they didn't fit. It's quite small and when you put something a little heavy in it, the magnetic closing comes open. So all in all, if your kid will use it for play, it's fine. But if you're thinking of using it as a real backpack for school let's say, then look at a bigger one than this.
0Comment56 of 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse