Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Euro-Pro Shark Replacement Battery Pack, EU-36075
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 3, 2014
Charge does not hold for long... Usually just after 20-30 seconds of using our Shark on a carpet, the LED turns red. The charge holds maybe for another 15min max, than sharks stops operating completely with all LED's flashing. After 2 days of using this new battery replacement, I couldn't even start my Shark in "turbo" mode on a carpet at all. It choked instantly! Only when switched down to the medium sweep speed, our Shark operates for some 15min on a full charge or this "wonderful battery."

All this happens despite the fact that I opened, cleaned (e.g. from stubborn long hair) and lubricated all moving parts for a minimum friction.

The problem here is not only with the batteries. It is unfortunate that Shark forces users to get these prefabricated cell assemblies, instead of using one of the customary size rechargeables (e.g. "C" size), what would make Shark users very happy and very independent. Shark does not provide good quality replacement packs at it seems, we rely of these dubious sources of lowest quality batteries. The obvious result of this situation is that we look for a different brand replacement.
on March 23, 2014
Two separate times the wrong battery pack was shipped to us! There was a sticker on it with the correct number, but it was definitely not the right pack. They kept sending a pack with four batteries when even the picture here, which is a proper representation, contains the correct number of batteries. We finally gave up as it obviously wasn't going to be corrected as long as the shipper had the incorrect label on it.
on July 6, 2014
The battery doesn't hold a charge. I had the battery for one month and it dies so quickly. I'm not sure what may have happened as I did not over charge it upon receiving it. This battery was to replace the original. But now it just sits in the house waiting for proper disposal.
on September 4, 2011
The battery pack, purchased as a replacement for a Shark Euro Pro vacumn cleaner, is of the proper type and capacity. There was a problem though in that the plastic cover plate supplied with the battery did not fit my unit. Although it was close to right, it was just enough off to prevent the battery pack from snapping into place. This could be a result of production differences between Shark units or a dimension error by the battery pack maker. Fortunately, it was easy to separate the battery pack from the plastic cover and replace that cover with the original equipment's cover. Once this was done, the battery pack functions as intended.
on December 14, 2010
Over the past few months I have been going round and round with Shark trying to get a replacement battery for my vacuum. After they sent me two incorrect batteries I finally said forget it and got my money back. I searched the internet and found this item for sale on Amazon. I ordered the battery and immediately received the replacement battery. It was the exact battery I had been trying to order for months. I was amazed at how quickly I received the battery. Now I have a working vacuum once again. Next time I need a replacement battery I will be looking you up. Thank you for everything.
on December 31, 2013
TWICE I ordered the battery pictured here, Euro-Pro XB617, 8.4 volts. It is identical in looks and description and markings to the battery I need to replace. But TWICE I received the same wrong battery, which was about half the size and power of the one shown online. However the box the wrong battery came in was also marked with same stock # as the one you see: EU-36075. Amazon thought it was a fluke and suggested I order it again. I did and again got same wrong battery. Amazon was prompt to help and picked up the return costs but it cost me a lot of time and two trips to UPS, to say nothing of a dirty house. Clearly either the Amazon listing or the product supplied to Amazon is labelled wrong. How could "EU-36075" apply to two totally different products? Has anyone else had this problem?
on July 31, 2012
My Shark electric sweeper works like new now. Fits just like the factory battery, looks like a better quality battery than the factory. Great product, got it fast and in new condition. Charge 24h before 1st use.
on May 9, 2013
The first couple of charges it worked well. Now it won't hold the charge overnight. So you'll have to leave the charger on it all the time to use the vac.
on October 18, 2013
Not as pictured, didnt fit which made it unuseable, I decided better to just replace Shark Vacuum which was better choice.
on September 12, 2012
Our Shark Euro-Pro stopped working after several years of use. My wife thought that it was done and that we should go purchase another as she loves the weight, swivel head & ease of use of this particular product. After looking at some information online, she came to the conclusion that she probably just needed to replace the battery pack (which is much cheaper than replacing the whole unit). Found a great price on Amazon, ordered & received it in 7 days (FREE SHIPPING). When it arrived, it came with a new cover and the battery pack. The battery leads were configured differently which I had read in other reviews. After removing the old battery pack, I had to cut the plastic covering slightly on the old battery pack and peel off the metal-taped leads that connect to the battery. Next, I disconnected the wires from the battery and the sweeper (at the clear plastic clip). If you don't do this, it will spark during the connection of the new battery. I wrapped the "metal-tape" at the end of the wires from the old battery pack around the leads on the new battery pack and covered them all with electrical tape so that no wires or connections were exposed. Next, I reattached the wires from the battery pack to the wires from the sweeper (attached the two parts of the clear clip together). Finally, I put the battery back in the sweeper and covered it with the original battery cover (not the new one that was included). Turned it on and it worked fine during a test run. I charged it overnight and it has been working flawlessly since (one week now). Took about 10-15 minutes to get everything organized and figured out. I hope that these tips will help you to get it done in less than 5 minutes. Great purchase and I would not hesitate to purchase again.