Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Optoma DW703 WXGA Multimedia DLP Projector
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 17, 2009
Most people want to see the down side so I'll start with those.
-I rarely notice a tiny bit of heat shimmer.
-Must by extra adaptors to use in home theater. It has a DVI and VGA port. So to use with HDMI, you need a hdmi-dvi adaptor, and to use component vid, you need a vga-component adaptor (both of which I'm using with success). Not a big deal once it's installed, but don't forget to calculate the cost of any adaptors you need.

Other than those two minor issues, I'm loving mine. The picture is beautiful, and the 16x10 ratio means that if you maintain the source aspect ratio, it nearly fills the screen with either 4x3 OR 16x9 content - which is great news if you have lots of both. I'm using it for gaming (ps3, wii, and pc) and video (bluray/dvd, tv, netflix, etc).
on September 12, 2009
I returned this projector when I found some shortcomings relative to how I wanted to use it.
I needed a projector to make classroom Powerpoint presentations. I found that the colors are severly distorted when used in this way and the built-in speaker is virtually nonexistent.
When used as a projection TV it is probably a 5 star.

See 1 answered question