Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on November 24, 2010
I bought a pair of Insulator Stabilyx running pants for my training during the winter. Up here in Ontario, temperatures easily go down to -5 Celsius in October/November. So far, the Insulator windshield that is woven into the upper part of the running pants has proven to be a godsend for running in these temperatures. However, I feel that they might not be sufficient to keep your legs warm when temperatures drop even further in January/February.

The CW-X Stabilyx pants are very comfortable, even though the fit could be a bit better. As a 82kg, 186cm male I fall into a "grey zone" between the M and L sizes. I went with an "L", but they are just a little bit too long for my legs (I have shorter legs but a longer upper body) so I have to readjust frequently on long runs - especially in the knee region. Out of curiosity, I tried a pair in size M in a local store and they were way too small. This is rather unfortunate, as the pants are designed to sit tightly in space, such that your knee cap is in the middle of the diamond shaped crossing of exo-skeleton bands woven into the fabric. When they are a bit off, pressure is applied to ligaments and muscles they are not supposed to and you will feel this after a couple of kilometers.

The main reasons I went with the CW-X brand were a) compression technology and b) stabilizing exoskeleton to help with my knee problems. Compression works very well and as advertised, in comparison to regular running pants my leg feel a lot "fresher" after longer runs and the soreness I would experience a day after has gone away. Unfortunately, I found the exo-skeleton support, especially support for the iliotibial band and calfs less effective than with the (less expensive) Performx model of the same brand.

Overall though great running pants and well worth the money. They are my third popular running tights in my closet, after the CW-X Insulator Performx (first place) and Sugoi Piston 200 (second place).
on December 1, 2013
I really really hate buying clothes online because I always worry about something not fitting. I'd rather not go to the trouble of having to return items, etc. With that being said, I really wanted these and decided it would be worth the trouble. I fall into the "grey zone" in sizing. I am 5'11", 195 - 200 pounds and have pretty muscular thighs with a 32L for length. I ordered large and it was a perfect fit for me, tight enough to get the benefits but not so tight that it takes me a considerable amount of time to put on.

I am 5 months off a calf and hamstring injury. I cannot stress how much help compression has been. I have run a couple of races in the Stabilyx and they really do provide a lot of support. I can't say that they provide more support than the next pair of tights but they provide a level of compression that is beneficial to me.

The Insulator Stabilyx has kept me warm on my last two runs. The first run was 32 degrees with winds of 25mph and the second run was 32 degrees with winds of 15mph. They kept my legs warm and comfortable but not so warm that I was sweating. They look great and I have ditched wearing shorts over tights since receiving these.

Since these fit me well, I am going to stick with CW-x - product loyalty you know. When I find something I like and something that works for me I tend to stick with it. The fit is great. Feel free to ask me questions if you have any.
on December 12, 2009
I bought one pair of these and I plan on buying at least one more for the winter months. These keep the wind out and are surprisingly warm. I love the fast feel they give me when I go out for a run. The support around the knees are great. I don't have any special problems around my knees right now, but I appreciate how they feel around the back of my knee when I run. I plan to get a similar pair for my wife for snowshoeing to keep her warm. Just great!
on November 15, 2012
I bought these, along with a pair of non-insulated tights to wear in the Alaska winter. First, let me say that I love them. I am about 5'10 and 182 pounds. I bought mediums. They fit perfect. The waist slid down on me a little the first time or two that I wore them, but once I started hiking them up and tying them off with the drawstring, I never had another problem.

As you run, you'll definitely feel support in your lower back and along your knees. I can't really say if they aid in recovery or not. They might, but its not super noticeable. I like them because they just feel good. I don't relish the idea of running without them.

I've only worn the insulator pair, as the temperature has been below freezing since I got them. I ran with the temperature in the high 20's, and my legs felt cool, not cold. As the temperature has dropped into the lower 20's and teens, I started wearing a pair of training pants over top of them. I prefer to wear them that way.

I've washed them a couple of times, and they have held up well. As someone said, just be prepared for the draw string to fray considerably. You can fix that by making sure you tie a know in the end of the string.

Overall, these are a great product, and I'd highly recommend them. Well worth the money. I give them a four star only because they advertise themselves as being insulated, and I don't really feel it.

UPDATE: Just six weeks after purchasing them, the Insulator tights ripped as I was pulling them on. The instructionsa state you should pull this up over your knees, before you try to pull them to your waist. As I was pulling them up over my knees, my thumb when right through the material, tearing a big hole in it. I sent them back to Amazon, who I am glad to say refunded my money - even though I was two weeks past the return period. In the meantime, I bought a pair of Under Armour COld Gear tights that I have been wearing. They are good (just as warm), but don't provide the support the Stablix tights provide. I'm debating whether to buy another pair and just be more careful.
on November 4, 2012
I thought it was a marketing hype, with all the different support options and all, but I do feel the support once I put them on. Feels like a splinter cell (Game) suit or something , I like it. It's not going to make you feel super warm like something made of fleece would, but when you get your blood flowing, that's when you will notice a warm feeling. I use it in 40F weather in Seattle WA, and my legs still feel cool, not warm. Because they are super tight in order to provide support, if you wear them for longer times I think the restrict blood flow because my feet get real cold.

When you pull it out of the pouch don't be alarmed, I ordered a medium and it looked like something a 5 year old would wear, but follow the instructions of how to slide on and you will be fine its very stretchable. It's pretty good quality and looks pretty good when worn on, provided you don't have toothpicks for legs. I recommend it!
on November 6, 2012
This is the first pair of compression pants I've owned. I've only done a 4 mile run with these but they really do add a little support to your calves and quads. Only problem (and the reason for 4 stars) is there really should be a liner with these. They are way to snug to fit running shorts under, underwear lines show through, and the seam up the middle front rubs in all the wrong ways without something there. I'll try a different pair or brand next time unless they add a liner.
on October 12, 2015
SUPER WARM!

Excellent fit (6'3" tall/200 lbs with somewhat skinny legs). Compression is strong but not uncomfortable at all. The minute you put these on you'll see how warm they are. You can't miss it. It feels like a heater.

Definitely the best winter-ready running gear I own.
on March 11, 2013
When you are 6 foot 4 and have a small waist.These tights might as well be capri's?
They are very warm almost to warm for me. My problem is do they expect everybody on the planet to have short legs?
I have an 37 inch inseam and the tights are 31or 32.
I did not want to jump up to a large to gain an inch in length.Then they would be to big around the waist and as time goes on they will stretch out and become an extra large.
My problem with tights!!
on December 4, 2014
Can't be beat for cold weather running. Fits as expected and is a must have. I typically will put these on when the temps are below 25. They are much warmer and comfortable than other cheaper thinner tights.
on November 23, 2009
I purchased these for my husband for our anniversary. I knew nothing about the product and researched it on various web sites. He was very pleased with them, in fact had been looking at them in Runner's World. He is about 5'4" tall. 130 lbs. Short legs long torso. The XSm is good - but just barely. He wore them to run in on Sunday. It was 40ish outside. He was glad he layered them, as the pants aren't as comfortable in cold weather as advertised. He did find they helped with his hip issues. Good stability.