Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Movember Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL

on November 17, 2011
Tonight is the first night using this product. Before buying this product, my infant would wake up and stay awake between 9pm-12am because of our neighbor using his washing machine (literally right above her room) constantly for 3hrs.

Luckily, this white noise machine saved my baby's sleep! She has now been sleeping for 2hrs undisturbed while the neighbor's washing machine is chugging away. Also, I didn't even need to put the Graco machine in high volume!

The lowest volume level is practically inaudible and the highest volume level is very loud. Currently, I'm using the white noise mode at a normal volume level.

I haven't used the other calming sounds, the mp3 hookup or battery option, so I can't comment on it for now.

For $40, my baby can now sleep soundly with the existence of the most ridiculous noises. Wow. Thanks Graco, you saved my life :)

UPDATE 1-04-2012: I have now been using this product every night for 2 months now. It allowed my baby to sleep through countless nights of my neighbor's all night (9-12am) and early morning (6am) washing machine shenanigans, relatives visiting during Thanksgiving, and the constant outside parking lot noises outside my baby's window. Wow, this white noise machine has been a GREAT investment. $40 is such a steal to allow my baby to sleep soundly through all these outside disruptions.

UPDATE 8-14-2012: I have brought it to Disneyland and it helped her fall asleep. I have been using this product every night. No problems. Product works perfectly. Baby is sound asleep every night. Baby is now 13months old.

UPDATE 3-4-2014: Its now in baby #2's room, using it every night. Still a fantastic machine, no problems. As previously mentioned, the A/C adapter still enjoys unplugging itself from the machine with any accidental tug. In terms of price, I prefer Conair SU1W Sound Therapy machine over this one, but whatever. This still a great product. Remember that you need to place this product close to the crib/bed in order to "drown out" the noises outside the room. It has tolerated many trips to LA and Vegas. Child #1 is now 2.5 yrs old and Child #2 is now 13 months old.

UPDATE 9-29-2015: Much to my surprise, both of my children (4yrs old and 2.5 yrs old) have decided that they no longer wanted a white noise machine. This Graco machine is still working fine. We've been lucky that our neighborhood is insanely quiet, otherwise I'd probably still be using this machine. As you can see, this machine has proven to be quite durable of daily use and portable for vacations. Again, no complaints. I'll probably give it to relatives who will have a new baby soon! All for $40! Ridiculous!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2009
Well I did a lot of research for white noise machines. The short of it is, I even stopped in to Brookstone to hear the $70 white noise machine. It wasn't near as loud as this one. But a few comments on this Graco.

-The noise can sound extremely loud or sometimes more quiet depending on the surroundings. It's loud enough for us, and when you first turn it on (highest volume) it sounds very loud. But after a short time, it sounds normal, or even like we could stand it louder. But it's been good.

-All the features are great, though we don't use many. Only white noise and night light

-There was some loose cheap parts that were making some rattling noises randomly. It was very noticeable and annoying. I put a rubber band around the unit vertically, and we haven't heard them sense. It was just cheap platics parts rubbing.

For the money, we're content with this product. It has it's pros and cons. The white noise is a little too deep for us. But all things considered, it's a very decent product compared to anything else on the market that I researched.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2011
We own both this machine and the Marpac SleepMate 980A. We bought the Marpac SleepMate for our first son, and liked it and continue to use it. I am going to recommend the Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine slightly over the Marpac SleepMate for 2 reasons: Price and options. You are spending $13 less for the Graco, and in my opinion you are getting a machine with a lot more options. Now, on straight volume alone, the Marpac wins. If it's a roaring white noise you want, go with the Marpac. But the Graco is plenty loud enough, AND it has several noise options (white noise, heartbeat, ocean, water, etc.) compared to just the one noise option for the Marpac SleepMate. Also, you can plug in an ipod or mp3 player to the auxiliary jack, or use the auto music option that's built in. Finally, there's a dim light that shines by pushing down the top of the Graco machine, which I found to be a perfect low light during that bedtime feeding, and we often use it as an all-night nightlight... If you don't mind that you'll be getting a slightly lower volume, then it's a no-brainer. Go with the Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine.

**Update 11-19-14
I can now give the longevity test review. After 4 years of daily use, the Marpac (Dohm) was still going strong. Meanwhile, the Graco machine started getting faulty after three years, and finally stopped working altogether. I'm now looking for a replacement, and I am leaning toward another Marpac Dohm DM. They're just more reliable and it turned out that I never really used the sound options that the Graco machine offered... I never used the heartbeat or ocean sounds,etc., and I never used the mp3 aux jack like I thought I might. So after further review, I'm going with the Marpac.
on July 26, 2014
This would have 5 stars but it could be just a little louder, I have left this running for over a week with no problems. My 6 month old sleeps with this on every night and has done since she was born. It also has little lullabies for daytime naps, I recommend the "airy" noise for a white noise effect and sleeping at night. My 6 month old daughter has been sleeping 12 hours straight with this on since 3 months old. Awesome product and a sleepsaver!
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2009
This seemed like the perfect product for my baby's room, combining an MP3 player with white noise and a night light, so I made the purchase. It is well built; the music that is programmed into it is quite nice; and the nature sounds are better than I have heard on other white noise machines. BUT the main reason I bought this machine was to create white noise in my baby's room. Unfortunately, I have returned it because the white noise is just not loud enough to block out normal household sounds. Graco, you almost got it right.
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2015
What idiot builds a machine designed for a bedroom, much less a baby's room, with a bright blue LED power light? Obviously nobody has bothered to read any of the studies about the effects of blue light on human sleep patterns. And the nightlight is also bright blue. I shouldn't have to replace LEDs on a product to get something acceptable for use in a bedroom.

The sound is fine, but the loops are incredibly short, and both the white noise and brown noise have chirps and other distortions in the loop that mean every 6 or 7 seconds, the otherwise decent noise has a bonus chirp. Which, of course, means I can't use it in my room because that chirp/squeak is torture.

It's marginally useful as a speaker, but I can find plenty of speakers that don't have blue LEDs on them.
on August 6, 2015
I work as a nanny, and I have seen and used more white noise machines than I can even remember. In my experience, the white noise on this machine is absolutely the best you can find for the price. Most other white noise machines have a higher pitched, more "hissy" sound. Or the sound isn't smooth. Not with this machine! Its has a nice, low pitched, smooth white noise. The best, in my humble opinion. The $150 Brookstone sound machine is a close second, but obviously WAY more expensive. Go with this one. You wont regret it. :)
on January 4, 2015
It lasted slightly longer than the 90 day return policy. Initially started to make some odd vibrating noises then the speaker wasn't as loud as it had been. After that the speaker began making a gnarly crackling noise. With all of that I decided to return the product, but I see that I am about a week past the return date. If you hear any of the odd noises make sure to return the product immediately and request a replacement. Don't wait like I did. I will not be purchasing another.
on February 24, 2014
I rarely ever write reviews... in case this puts this review into perspective.

When my husband and I were still just expecting our first child, we were told to get the Sleep Sheep... which we did. After countless muttering, tears and exhausted nights of wondering why anyone would only want 44 minutes of white noise, we decided there must be a noise machine that would just stay on all night. We looked into a few and picked this on a whim (an exhausted, pained, panicked whim).

The first night we plugged this in we ALL slept through the night. It has pretty much been the same since. This machine lasts all night, has great volume control options and a wide variety of sounds (we like the ocean one) and serves as a great night light - soft lighting but strong enough to actually let you see when you sneak in to check on everything.

My son is a pretty good sleeper - we were dealing with random awakenings and cries for replacing a pacifier, not horrible all-nighters that could not be soothed... but I will give a lot of credit for 99.99% peaceful 11-12 hour nights sleep sessions from 4/5 months to now (8.5 months) to this machine. Plus, if you have the monitor on like we do, you actually get two for the price of one since we joke that we use his noise machine too! Honestly, this product is terrific and I would recommend it for anyone whose baby could use a little white noise to keep peaceful nights peaceful.
on October 23, 2014
We bought this for our nursery as it was recommended somewhere. When it first arrived, it worked fine, but a week later when we tried it again it had stopped working completely. It was plugged into the AC adapter, and the unit lit up, but it wouldn't make a sound no matter what we tried. Later, we noticed a faint burning smell coming from the AC adapter. Unplugged it immediately.

Luckily, Amazon accepted our return.