Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Silver/Blue Glass|Change

on September 22, 2009
I found this table at another seller for less than the price listed at amazon.com (including shipping) and bought it. It comes unassembled and the instructions are not the best but if you take your time it is possible to complete.
The little side drawers are plastic and could be omitted to allow more leg clearance. The metal pencil drawer is large enough for most storage. The little plastic trays on each side of the table top are good for keeping current project tools easly available. I would have liked these trays to be wood (maybe I'll have some made).
The support frame has enough clearance between it and the glass top to place linkable undercabinet flourescent lights to make the table into a light table.
Make sure to buy a light fixture that will fit. I used 2 Lights of America brand model 7114 fixtures and a white poster board for a reflector. You could use the smaller model 7108 or use more fixtures for a larger illuminated area. Works as well as my light box.
This is great for tracing your sketches to make ink drawings or other art forms like a colorized finished copy of a drawing (no lines on your color copy to erase or hide)(remember to put a plastic sheet protector, tranparency or other clear film between your original and color or ink project to prevent spill or leakage. Also, this is a glass top so don't use it for cutting or other projects that could scratch the surface.
Over all I am vey pleased with this table. It has inspired me to draw again after years of making excuses.
44 comments|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2015
This is an absolutely amazing desk for drawing and coloring! It looks much more expensive than it is. Top notch quality and not hard to assemble. It comes with it's own assembly tools, but you may want to grab a couple of your own for a couple of places. This desk will hold hundreds of pens and pencils. I have attached some photos to this review to show my set-up of how I'm using it. I love that I can put my color charts to the underside and just glance down to assess what color I'll need next, instead of blundering through papers. The drawers hold a lot. I have my polychromos pencils stacked double like the come in the tin for size reference. The tilt feature is a godsend for neck issues and just makes it effortless to spend hours drawing or coloring. Adult coloring has never been so much fun til now!
review image review image review image review image review image
on August 4, 2010
There is a little "putting together". It took me a little over an hour, and I did take time studying the diagrams. There was only one part of the instructions that I couldn't quite figure out, and ending up fixing later once I realized what direction the metal pieces had to fit in order to hide the plastic sides, but that was easy.

As someone said, I did spend a little time getting the screws through the sliding draw brackets, but I'm pleased to say all the parts were there and all the screws went in easy. It's light, sturdy, and I will probably experiment with some lighting underneath to turn it into a light table.

The holes in the plastic side sleeves are a little smaller. They'll hold brushes, but not pens, and yes, the plastic drawers did require a little effort to snap together, but nothing too frustrating. I also put the front drawer in backwards so it stuck out before I turned it around. It would've been nice to have a "Front" or "back" engraving or sticker. (The legs have stickers with "R" and "L".)

If you're not handy or have never put together any furniture from Ikea or anyplace else, this might be a little bit of a struggle, but it can be done. And if you've ever put together any furniture, you won't have any problems.

I also wouldn't waste time with the screwdriver provided (which is attached to the other end of the Allen wrench). All the tools work fine, but I found a normal Philips screwdriver much handier.

I like the design. It's very clean and stylish, and I love the glass top. I also went elsewhere (CSN) to buy this product. The price was about the same, but I found free shipping elsewhere, and it only took a couple of days to arrive.

UPDATE 12/17/10: I've had this desk for several months and had no problems. I added a clip on light and did finally remove the drawers on the bottom left, because I kept banging my knee against it. I still love it. It's stylish, clean and strong.
66 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2011
The instructions were a little vague, but the pictures really helped. I have plenty of experience with flat pack, but this could have come out backwards if I wasn't extremely vigilant.

I love the glass top. Taping a drawing or painting to the surface, the glass makes sure it's secure- unlike particle board. I've put a small lamp under the desk to serve as a light box for tracing, and it works beautifully.

The one thing that is keeping me from giving this desk five stars is the lower pencil catch. When at its lowest position, it still rests about three or four millimeters above the surface of the desk. If you're using a t-square, this is a huge problem for vertical lines. I know I could just get something to rest on the t-square, but that's just not how i like to do things.

I love having the plastic bins on the right side, but didn't put them on the left. The drawer is fantastic. All around great product- but just know that if you plan on using a t-square, you'll miss out on some of the functionality.
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2010
I was a little concerned when I bought the item about how sturdy it would be but after getting it together those fears were not realized.

Pros:
Looks great
The glass is much nicer than some cheap composite wood
Lots of storage that is out of the way
I can still draw on this without having a drafting stool
Sturdy
Pretty easy to put together

Cons:
The side trays are really cheap and not really usable
While the instructions for putting the table together were good save one spot. Make sure you dont mix up the front and back table support (the front has the metal rings on the top).
My metal pencil drawer came with a cracked corner.

All in all this was a great buy and should last for a really long time.
on July 10, 2013
Great design! I'm a CAD designer in sheet metal on my day job and I was very impressed with the fit-up of the assembly. All the bolt holes lined up and were the correct sizes. The drawer kit and slider drawer also went together with ease (which is a rarity). The robot welds were superb quality and I did not find the glass to be thin at all! All the necessary hardware was there in a handy plastic/cardboard pack that had everything separated nicely. It came with it's own assembly tool; so, no need to break out the alan wrenches and screw driver!

I added a couple of strips of adhesive 12v LED lights to each side of the center brace and VIOLA; it transformed into the best light board I've ever seen!!!

There is, however, a problem with the isometric drawing on second page of the instructions. The legs are obviously not mated to the center and top in the model, and are shown from the back side while the center remains viewed from the front... For anybody that is putting this thing together and is not mechanically inclined, follow the orientation on the first page in regard to the position of the legs and front/back/center braces and you should be good-to-go.

Overall, I LOVE my new table! Even with the one bad drawing, I'm so thrilled on the whole with the result in design and quality that I give it five stars!
44 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2010
I just received this table by Fed X 3 days ago. I was in shock on how much I had to do to put it together. I am somewhat attention deficit and have trouble sticking to a project until it is finished. I did finish (all by myself). It turned out to be a beautiful sturdy table, and is more attractive when done then pictured. I can't take my eyes off of it. It took two days of on and off work to finish. The hardest part were the plastic drawers interlocking, but with a little brute pressure they finally came together also a tip screw the drawers first to the plates and then attach the plates to the drawer, and then screw on the posts to the table. This prevents you to have to turn the table to the side. You might risk glass breakage. Another difficult thing is to attach the hinges for the metal drawer. I did it the hard way. I think you can attach the hinges on earlier during basic assembly to the attachment area (not sure) then screw in the drawer the very last thing. If you do it the hard way put the screw on the philip screw driver and then make sure you place it in the right holes. Eyeball this first.
"Voila!" it was all done and I felt so proud of myself. It is a heavy table and very substantial. The drawers work smooth and what I like most is the fact that it can be used as a light box. I have a small Ott light and since I do small drawings I just place it in the metal drawer with a cloth underneath the light. It works just fine and the ease of tracing is very good. The glass is a light water blue that minimizes glare. Great table!
on May 10, 2010
I had read in other reviews that this table was a real pain to set up, but I found it to be pretty simple. The directions had some misleading images in which the parts were switched inexplicably, but it only took a little bit of analysis to figure out what was going on. If you've ever put anything from IKEA together, you shouldn't have too hard a time with this. The plastic trays on the sides of the table that are supposed to hold pencils, etc, are kind of crappy and are not attached very securely, but the sliding drawers are sturdy enough and it seems to have plenty of storage space, at least for my purposes. The table is, generally speaking, more attractive than most drafting tables that I've seen and I'm looking forward to working on it. Glass is definitely a better surface than the crappy particle board that most drafting tables (in fact, most inexpensive furniture in general) rely on. Overall, I would say that you could find a usable, less expensive table on amazon, but this seems like an excellent value for what it costs.
on January 14, 2013
I ordered this in May of 2011, and am reviewing it now in January 2013. It's a great table. So far, I haven't noticed any scratches or cracking on the glass, even though I can be pretty rough on my workstations. The legs have held up great, and it doesn't wobble (even on carpet it stands very sturdily). You can clamp a lamp onto the sides, and the lip at the bottom is great for when you have the surface elevated-- but it's also nice that it's easy to remove, because it can get in the way if you prefer it flat. The little compartments at the sides and to the lower left are nice for storing a few little things that I like to have on hand. Obviously it's not made for storage, just for added convenience.

No part of the table has broken, fallen off, or become damaged yet. It is just as intact as the day I received it (and I've moved twice since then). I am very pleased with this product.
on January 2, 2015
This station is so very nice! It was a gift and is everything my daughter hoped for! I thought it was drafting table "height" so I bought a drafting chair; the desk is regular desk height for anyone else who is looking to purchase it. I simply elevated it with four blocks and it is perfect now (my bad, I should have looked at the dimensions provided on the sellers page). The table top is like a thick glass top too. We love this desk! The item is as it looks in the picture and the delivery time was very fast. I recommend this seller and item.