Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

Size: Glossy Exclusive PaperChange

on September 10, 2013
I am very new at using these pens, and at first was not happy with them. I could not get them to write. Then I watched a couple youtube videos on how to use them and figured out what I was doing wrong. I ran them all through a match flame to get rid of the coating from manufacturing as suggested on the video I watched, loaded them up with ink, and love the way they write. I bought them for detailing my paintings, and they work beautifully.
0Comment40 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2012
I guess that's what you get for $10, but you should probably get professional nibs if you want real quality (I'm planning to get Brause nibs now). These scratch the paper and the strokes look very crude.
11 comment36 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2014
I have had this for about six months, and I am happy with it.

The six nibs with the copper colored portions are a lot harder to keep clean due to ink getting inbetween, they require far more TLC tan the two other nibs displayed on the bottom right of the pack. I love the round nibs, they are brilliant for coloring things in.

The other two nibs, are VERY easy to clean, there are no nooks and all that is needed is a wipe every few minutes or so and then that is it.

With the smaller pen and nib they also work well, they requited no more cleaning than simply a q-tip in some cleaning solution. However, I did end up breaking the small, fragile, nib. After that I purchased another, and broke that one as well. BE CARFUL WITH IT. Many times have a carelessly stabbed myself with before it broke.

Great pruduct, will buy again if and when something tragically happens to the set I h​ave now.
on June 10, 2011
I'm enjoying the set very much! However, I have to say that when I got the package one of the pens (the smaller one with the attached nib) was protruding from the package. It may have been something that just happened to mine. The pen was slightly (very slightly) dented, but still works!
22 comments16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2014
Got these for cartooning and drawing Manga. Comes with a little instructional booklet, which is pretty handy. It actually does come with 9 nibs, 3 of which are fine point art nibs. These are great for small details, and though they're a little scratchy at first, they will break in. This is a versatile set of nibs, basically everything you need to start cartooning.
on January 16, 2013
These calligraphy tips are good for the novice. They are a great way to get started with calligraphy. The quality is cheap, but the price is good so its not a poor value. They are easy to load and use. I would recommend these to a novice, but not an experienced calligrapher.
on January 24, 2012
These will give you a new appreciation for the modern ink pen.
Five stars for being a budget calligraphy set with a wide range of nibs, but the whole romance of dipping from an ink well gets pretty old.
I'd rather save up and spring for a decent fountain pen.

Oh, and get some Noodler's ink to go with them.
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2011
works great it took me awile to find one with the nibs i wanted and i ordered this as soon as i found it great product
11 comment14 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2010
I love my new pens! I only use them for Calligraphy stuff but they work great and it was just what I wanted!
0Comment14 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2013
The speedball calligraphy tips and pens are nice but the small narrow pen cannot interchange tips. Only the big one can. Most of the tips were solid except the widest tip, I had trouble picking up the ink. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong (whereas the other tips were great) or maybe it's the quality?

Overall, I think it's stil worth it to get 8 tips at this $9 price is still worth it.