Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Armitron Sport Unisex 256347BLK Easy to Read Instalite Black Nylon Velcro Strap Watch
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 13, 2010
I needed a casual watch to quickly put on while running out the door. This watch does the job. I have very slim wrists and am usually twisting my watch back up my wrist to I can read it. The velcro closure give me just the right fit without being too tight or too loose. However, as it is velcro, it does tend to catch on more delicate or synthetic fabrics. I need to be careful when I am at the gym as most of my workout tops are synthetic and I have put several pulls in them. But it has a nice large face and is easy to read.
on January 15, 2011
It's a simple analog watch that's sporty. It's waterproof and has a cool aqua colored glow-in-the-dark button (Instalite) that takes me back to my childhood. The quality of this watch is pretty decent too; I was afraid the velcro would cheapen the look but it's rather outdoorsy.

I debated on whether to subtract a couple of stars because the underside of the velcro strap initially irritated this one little area of my wrist because it kept itching on and off for the first day and wouldn't stop even after I moved it around on my wrist (I have sensitive skin). Finally, I wiggled and adjusted each of the straps just right so that the corner of the underside stopped rubbing that area, which finally helped. Also the end of the strap (it has a tendency to jut out a tiny bit) can catch onto clothing as others have mentioned, especially if you're changing. But it hasn't ruined or snagged anything yet although when it catches onto white towels, picking off the fuzz can get a little old. These straps will be pretty long for someone with skinnier wrists, but a fellow reviewer mentioned you can probably cut the ends of each side (the strap area that loops and hides underneath the outer strap) which should do the trick.

I'm liking this watch for daily casual use and saving the wear and tear on my blingy watches. I debated on this and it's sibling, the black faced watch (Armitron Women's 25/6369 Easy to Read Instalite Black Sport Watch) and ended up getting this one because it looked brighter and more feminine. I may get the black one too because it's definitely sleeker. Besides, you can never have too many watches, especially at this price!

-February 2, 2011 UPDATE-

I went on vacation recently, during which time the silver paint encircling the face of my watch became pretty scratched off in many random areas, so be prepared to see the wear and tear on this thing really fast, especially if you're a very active person. (I admit though, that I treated this thing like it cost me nothing.) The positive however, is that its waterproof feature has been tried and tested in the hot showers, swimming pools, hot tubs, saunas (both steam and dry), and in the ocean! It's ticking strong.

-April 22,2012 UPDATE-

Still ticks great. Instalite still lights great. The only thing now is that the velcro barely sticks together because it's been through the wringer. I've nearly lost it numerous times because the velcro had problems sticking while wet with water. If only they made this watch in resin and in digital format, I'd be stocking up for myself or for gifts...
on October 16, 2009
This is the third time I bought this watch. Couldn't find it on the Armitron website but was thrilled to find it @ Amazon. This is a simple straight forward watch without alot of bells and whistles. It has a button that lights up the dial when pushed for about 3 seconds which is perfect for the movies. The velcro strap is easily adjustable and I can strap the watch on a beltloop or back pack when out and about to avoid suntan lines.
on July 6, 2010
I bought this because I was tired of having the leather bands deteriorate from getting damp and wear & tear and the stretch link bands were just too big for my small wrist. This is a happy solution. And I love the big numbers, so easy to read. I had to clip the end off that fits under the tabs that hold the band in place so that it would fit because I have a very small wrist, but that was no problem. The only complaint I have is that the leather tab that fits over the Velcro is so stiff that it tends to stick out a bit and catch on things, but it isn't enough of a problem to make me wish I hadn't gotten the watch. Obviously this is not a designer type watch that one wears with a fancy dress to a wedding, etc., but for everyday use, it's really great. I don't like digital watches and was happy to find this at such a good price.
on September 4, 2011
This is a good watch for everyday use. It's easy to put on specially when I'm running late. I use this when running or playing sports because they are snug on my wrist and it doesnt bother me. When playing at night, in the movies or even when I'm in bed, it's convenient to check the time with the Instalite. It's really cool that I can tell my friends what time it is, using my watch with backlight.

It's easy to put on and easy to take off because of the Velcro strap. And initially, I thought that the watch might easily be snatched or drop if the Velcro strap loosened but that's not the case. The velcro sticks reliably. It's true with other comments that it sticks on fabrics but it's a problem I seldom encounter since I rarely use long sleeves. So far, it hasn't destroyed any of my clothing.

I just read from previous comments that the water-proof feature works. I haven't really used this while swimming or anything because I don't really trust waterproof claims... based on experience. I did wear this even when it's raining and it is still running. There is also chipping of the silver paint along the round edge but I really didn't notice until I read that comment. Well, I also use this like it cost nothing.

It's easy to read, nice round face, with backlight, great fit, nice velcro strap, CHEAP. So I think it's a very good bargain!
on February 10, 2015
I wanted an inexpensive "sleep watch" to see what time it was when waking up at night. I have had many multi-function watches with elaborate methods of changing the time, date, stopwatch, alarm, etc that would drive me into a frustrated fury. This watch, thankfully, does nothing except keep time and light up when you press one button. You can change the time and that's it! Only criticism is sometimes the scratchy side of the velcro closing catches on my nightclothes.
on December 9, 2009
My mother asked for an easy to read watch that she would not need to take off when washing her hands or showering. After looking around and reading the reviews I picked this watch and ordered one for her and one for myself. She loves the watch and my father liked it so much that I ended up ordering the man's version for him and another woman's watch as a Christmas present for a friend . All of us are thrilled with the watch. It is a great watch and it also has a button that lights up the dial for 2 seconds so that you can read the time in the dark. I would recommend this watch to anyone looking for a reasonably priced watch with all the features.
on December 14, 2014
I really like the watch face. It is easy to read and the back light is very good. The only problem I'm having is the Velcro strap is catching on my clothes and sleeves frequently and the watch comes undone and falling to the floor or getting tangled in my sweater. I will probably not buy a watch with Velcro straps again.
on June 29, 2013
I had 5 criteria to fulfill when I shopped for a new watch. I wanted it to be water resistant because I planned to wear the watch while fossil hunting in the Peace River in Florida. The band had to be fabric because it was going to smell of fishy river water, sunscreen, & sweat & would require hand washing. The band had to be black because the Peace River is full of tannin from decaying leaves that would stain lighter colored material. The face had to be easy to read. It had to be reasonably priced because who wants to wear an expensive watch in the river?

This Armitron seems to fit the bill, though I have yet to wear it because during the summer, the water levels are too high for screen washing.
on February 27, 2015
What can I say. It's a cheap watch!! Serves the purpose. Does have a light but dial and hands are NOT glow in the dark. Watch itself is kind of a cheapy plastic and the band is stiff. Good knocking around watch for under $20.00