Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on December 30, 2009
Im not sure why others rated this house so low. But all ive got to say is that you should look around for a coupon! Toys r us believe it or not had this toy for $25 and on top of that i had a buy one get one 50% off for lp sets. My 1 year old son LOVES this house! He loves to put the baby in the tub and flush the toilet. He constantly slams the house down to repeatedly poke the doorbell and also enjoys the phone. I think that as with all LP toys, he loves the actual people the most but i can see him enjoying this house more and more.

I WOULD recommend going on ebay for a better price and also to purchase extra individual LP figures to make the play more realistic :)
Our family is interracial so we bought AA people as well as some others such as the hispanic and asian families for diversity. Especially with ebay, you can find the toys you want at the prices that you want and you dont have to pay that high cost unless you absolutely must have new items and even then there is a market for cheaper new LP toys on ebay as well. Remember to select buy it now and sort by price+shipping : lowest to highest to find the best items. Narrow down your category and search smart!

I have this house, the animal sounds farm, school bus and dump truck along with several extra figures and the memories that children (including myself) create with these toys are irreplaceable! The toys are almost as sturdy as the original ones (pre 1991) and they still attract little ones today!
on December 27, 2009
My daughter is 15 months old and I was looking for some "girly" toys to buy her for the holidays. I am always pleased with the quality of the plastic in Little People sets, but I really do not understand why they are so expensive. This is a small little unfolding house with five buttons that make different sounds (telephone ring, two different water sounds for the washing machine and the bathtub, a toilet flush, and a doorbell) and two little "people", one of which is a baby. There are some cute features, I'm glad my daughter has this, but it is nowhere near the $40ish current list price. I would judge this as a $25 toy. With some upgrades (more buttons/features) and more people in it, I would judge the price appropriate. I gave it only three stars because the value is low for the price and it was overall a bit boring/disappointing. My daughter has much more fun with the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Home, which is a GREAT buy for the money.
on February 10, 2014
I bought this for my 2 year old toddler. She likes it and plays with it sometimes, but she was only into this toy for the first few days. There are only three sounds that this toy makes, I believe, so there isn't too much to keep her entertained for long. She is way more into her Disney tea set than this.
on October 20, 2012
I bought this for my niece's first birthday. I'd heard she had a fascination for a fellow toddler's Little People toys, and I wanted to get her a dollhouse. This toy got two birds with one stone.

Before I presented this, though, I checked to see if it needed batteries. According to the box, they're not included, so if you're a considerate gift giver, make sure you have some ready. I believe it needs 3 AA batteries -- I wanted to say 2 or 3, as I can't quite remember which it was, but I seem to remember bringing 3 with the gift, and that's the safer number in any case; better to have one more than you needed than one less. Also, I think the place where the batteries go (underneath the house) requires a screwdriver, so make sure there is one handy.

It's called the Happy Sounds Home -- so don't be surprised; this is a toy that makes sounds. That's why you need the batteries.

Here are the sounds it makes:
--laundry being done in the washing machine, ending with a beep to indicate the washer is done
--toilet flushing
--baby laughing in the bath
--phone ringing
--doorbell ringing

The speaker is located just inside the front door, on the floor where a door mat would be. I babysit my niece fairly regularly, and I personally felt the volume of the sounds are comparable to her other sound-making toys, i.e., not too loud at all. The loudest sounds are the ringing phone and the ringing doorbell. The beep at the end of the laundry washing sound probably comes next.

The sounds are blessedly short in length, though, compared to her other toys, some of which seem to go on and on. Unless you have a kid who obsesses with pushing buttons constantly and without end, I don't think you have to worry about this toy annoying you in the sound department.

OK, now for moving parts:
--the entire house has a hinged side, so it opens and closes
--the yellow front door opens and closes, and there's a pink button next to it on the outside that activates the ringing doorbell sound)
--the pink laundry detergent on the yellow washing machine is a button that activates the laundry washing sound
--the pink toilet seat lid opens and closes, and upon closing activates the toilet flushing sound
--the pink floor of the bathtub is actually a button you press to activate the baby laughing in the bath sound
--the yellow baby crib in the bedroom actually rocks
--the yellow refrigerator door opens and closes
--the pink phone in the living room is actually a button that activates the phone ringing sound
--the disc/wheel with the sun and moon sticker moves round and round and can be seen and moved from the outside of the house or the inside.

The pieces separate from the house are:
--the father
--the mother
--the baby
--a pink table
--two purple chairs
--a pink highchair for the baby

And everything fits inside the house, so the house is like a little toy box for the smaller pieces.

Also, my niece is at that stage in her life where she loves to put everything in her mouth, and these separate pieces are the ideal size for it, small enough for her to grasp, big enough that I never have to worry about her swallowing them, and solid and sturdy enough that I never have to worry about pieces breaking off. ALL of these have been tasted and gnawed on by the way, and they have all come out still looking as good as new, however slobbery they might be. My only concern is that I don't know what the little people are painted with -- but whatever it is, I hope and trust that Fisher-Price has made sure it's safe.
on September 30, 2013
Really wanted this for my baby girl. Fischer Price has developed a new model that just doesn't measure up. The new model features annoying songs and is very pink! I had to go ahead & buy this toy before it is no longer available. What appeals to me about this model is the gender neutral color scheme & the simplicity of design. Very young children can identify with the family & recognise familiar sounds at home. I am hoping that this toy will help my child become excited about potty training since she will be hearing the flushing sounds as she plays.

Thank you for carrying this model, Amazon! Most retailers are out of stock, only carrying the new (not so much improved) version.
on January 2, 2014
If you choose to buy this toy, expect the following scenario to get played out numerous times a day: someone rings the doorbell and the person in the house is pooping on the potty and cannot answer the door. What does s/he do?

My 4-year old son and 2-year old daughter think this is the funniest thing ever.

We got this for our 2 year old daughter for Christmas and weren't too surprised that she loves it. It makes great noises (doorbell, flushing toilet, washing machine) which delight little kids.

What was surprising is how much our 4 year old son likes it. At least once a day they have a fight over this toy. My son told me he wants a similar doll house.

We chose this one instead of the newer model because it is more gender-neutral and the reviews were better. I definitely think we made the right choice even though we paid more for it.

From an adult's perspective, it would seem that this toy is somewhat limited compared to other dollhouses. Sure, it makes cute noises but there is not much furniture to place around the house. I am surprised at how much my kids play with it in spite of this. They seem to make up scenarios with the little people (by far the most common scenario is that someone rings the doorbell and someone else is pooping on the potty). They play this over and over and laugh about it.

All in all, this is a great little first doll house for a small child. Kids just seem to get it and love playing with it.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon December 28, 2015
Not bad. We bought a variety of doll houses to see which one the kids would like most. This came in second to all of the Li'l Woodzeez collections but miles ahead of Calico Critter (Which is just cute junk). The little highchair for the baby was cute, but I think they should have included some other basic pieces.
on December 8, 2014
A gift for my niece - who loves loves loves Fisher-Price people. Originally intended as a Christmas gift, upon receipt my sister was too excited & asked if she could open early. I cannot express how much of a hit this gift is! My 21 month old niece absolutely LOVES the house!!! The toilet flushes, the doorbell & the phone ring, the washer buzzes & the bath makes splashing sounds! My niece is captivated. She is obsessed! And it's just as fun for the adults - who are on the floor with her - playing. Highly recommend.
on March 3, 2014
Both my son and daughter play with this often, they love the little people and this one comes with a mom/dad and baby. There are several "buttons" the kids can push like the doorbell, the toilet, the washer, and they make fun sounds. There are grooves in the bed at the top for the little people to fit into and a separate "crib" area for baby. It's a nice toy to get your kids into more imaginary play and role playing. Our son is autistic so he usually gravitates towards the trains and toys he can stack/line up so I was surprised he actually enjoyed this one. It is also a good way to get into asking questions "where do you sleep?" and "where do you cook?" so it offers up opportunities to teach your child a lot of things without overstimulating them. I highly recommend this toy.
on December 25, 2014
I have this little house and mine is 15 years old. All of our grandchildren have played with this for hours. I purchased this updated version for my little granddaughter for Christmas. She loves the fun noise and it made a perfect gift for her. You can never go wrong with Fisher Price Little People toys!