Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Adesso 7207-15 Alta Floor Lamp, Walnut
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: Floor|Change

on October 27, 2012
Just ordered and received this 2 days ago and I must say, it looks and feels lovely!! I am going to put an independent picture up here on Amazon because I was that impressed. Given the price point, I thought this was going to be quite a crappy lamp that would do the job - but boy was I wrong! I do agree with previous poster regarding there is no glass shade fixture holder...it really does rely on the two bulbs to hold the shade in place. That is problematic in my opinion - especially if this lamp goes anywhere a kid or pet may have access!

However, it is stunningly beautiful and easy to put together. The wood on it looks very expensive and complements my decor nicely. I am quite a satisfied customer after purchasing it. In fact, my husband was even impressed (even though he was skeptical of this lamp when I showed him pics of it a few months ago). He now thinks I should order another one and put it in our main living room as it is quite attractive.

The other problem I have is that the glass shade was chipped...I don't want to have to send the ENTIRE lamp back JUST because of the glass shade as that is quite inconvenient. I plan on calling up the manufacturer and having them send me a replacement on it... as when you turn on the light you can see the chips and its quite annoying. I don't want to have to turn the shade a certain angle and rely on that everytime for a product that I have paid for that should come with a well made glass shade. Its glass for crying out loud! I found several smaller nicks in it as well...

Other than that, I put in (2) 100watt bulbs and this lamp is BRIGHT. Its like daylight in here...and I am still not even using it on full potential of 300 watts yet. So yeah, a very functional use lamp to top it off. Happy with my purchase! And with Amazon Prime, I literally received it the NEXT day. Can't be beat!
on October 3, 2014
It took two tries to get an unbroken lamp, and I just put the second one together, so this is an initial review. So far, so good.

The Good:

The lamp was very easy to assemble. Once out of the godawful packaging, it went right together without a hitch (5 minutes). I'm an old lady with so-so assembly skills, so it really is easy to put together.

It is nice and heavy and tall. It does not feel cheap. I know some people complained about the lamp's fit, by my lamp fit together perfectly. The shade is GLASS and has a metal rim to hold it in place.

It is bright, which is what I was looking for. I used two 150 watt incandescent GE Reveal bulbs for excellent reading light. However, I know they will burn out quickly so I'm going to look for something else that will last longer.

The Bad

Packaging, packaging, packaging. Both times the internal and external packaging was shoddy. The first lamp had a broken socket. I am amazed the second one was unbroken because it came in a big box with almost no packing material. The lamp box itself is well insulated, BUT the horrid styrofoam got all over the place (of course). And there is NO WAY to repack the lamp in the original material once you've unpacked it, so I did my best to return the first lamp, but I'm sure it did not arrive in good shape.

Once I've used the lamp for 6 months, I''l let you know how it has held up.
on October 23, 2013
I have never understood builders who do not put ceiling lights in bedrooms, the smaller ones. I have a ceiling fan, but no light on it. Granted, I am not mechanical AT ALL, but I tried to hook up two light kits to this Hunter fan, with no luck. Since it was a spare bedroom I was not going to purchase an expensive Hunter light kit, so, yes the light kits were less expensive and off brands, yet they should have worked. I have hooked up lights before. There are only two wires to hook together and the directions even tell you which colors to match together. Well, I gave up and purchased this Torchiere lamp to light up the ceiling. I have night stand lamps, but they have small watt bulbs. This lamp can handle two 150 watt bulbs, but I placed 2 100watt incandescent bulbs in it. I figured for a 11'X12' room that was enough. All you have to do when you get the box is screw the three pieces of the "trunk", screw it into the heavy base and screw it into the funnel shaped top. I am 5'2" and I had to reach up to screw in the light bulbs. It is nice and heavy and I carried it into the room and positioned it close to the door so it would be easily reached when one goes into the room. I hooked the lamp into the electrical socket, turned the switch at the top of the lamp (twice since I did not use 3 way bulbs) and it worked like a charm. I placed the glass shade on the lamp and the room is lit as I wanted it to be. A good purchase for the money. I really wanted one more in style with the room, which is Victorian, but at least the woods match and this will DO!
on August 6, 2014
I purchased a set of these earlier in the year and at the time, loved the look of the lamp, but was very dispointed in the "loosey goosey" way the lightbulbs needed to hold the lamp shade in place??? What in the world.... However, the lamp itself was very nice looking and went well with our decor. I needed a third one (big room) and took a chance and purchased again -- and too my surprise, Adesso must have listened to the customer complaints about this lamp and put a updated this lamp with a shade holder. Wish they'd send to me for my other two lamps (and everyone else who ordered)
on March 30, 2015
Contrary to what others have said, I did not have any problems with broken parts, nor did I have any problems with assembly or the lamp leading. It is quite sturdy and solid with a heavy base and frosted shade. It also looks quite nice. The only part that feels cheap is the rotary switch. More on that below.

The product is marketed as having a 3-way switch. First off, unless you consider "off" one of the switch positions, this is NOT a 3-way. The three ways are "high", "low" and "off". Furthermore, the "low" position is nothing more than a partial intensity. Now if using standard incandescent bulbs, this will work fine and would give you a bright and dim setting. If you use LEDs or CFLs, they will flicker on the "low" setting. The rotary switch feels cheap and there is considerable play in between switch positions.

Verdict: OK as long as you use incandescent bulbs. But knowing its drawbacks, I probably would not buy again.
on May 6, 2016
Classy looking lamp, my second torchiere style I've purchased from Adesso. I think the box was a little suspect, maybe a couple of dents and shredded styrofoam packing leaking out, but the lamp was in fine shape regardless. It has no visible seams, the pieces all screw together straight, and the lamp has a very solid feel overall. I'd recommend, especially for the price.
on May 20, 2015
It's a beautiful lamp and perfect for the corner in my front room that I ordered it for. It was very easy to put together. The only problem and the reason I didn't give it 5 stars, is that it's supposed to be a 3 way light, and it seems to only have 2 levels, the dim and very bright. Still adequate and very pretty. The color was also perfect as described.
on April 3, 2013
The lamp is assembled in several cylinders, but they aren't aligned properly, so the lamp leans over several inches. It also has a large scratch down the length of one of the cylinders. We made it look OK by hiding it behind a tall chair, so the curvature is not as obvious. Would not recommend.
on December 14, 2014
Leans as others report. Mine was also obviously a return as the box was taped and retaped. The assembly was easy - but tone of the pole sections is stripped so will not tighten completely. Keeping it as it's in a corner of a work room - though if I wanted this for my home I would return and buy something better.
on August 21, 2014
This lamp is of very, very poor quality. I also suspect there's no quality control at the factory. The base of my lamp has two large rust spots and a field of small rust spots. The spacers between the lamp segments are too large, and are noticeably too large. Incredibly poor quality, even worse quality control. Don't waste your money. I will never purchase an Adesso product again.